Groups

Tis the season to be Jolly but....

Spare a thought for all the animals. Poor **** losing their lives just so we can enjoy our food over the festive period.

God bless you all......

41 Comments

We are not vegetarian for 364 days a year so whats so special about Christmas

Mmmmmmm, pigs in blankets!

if they didn't taste nice, I wouldn't eat them.

To be fair, at Christmas, all I can ever really think of is the animals.

Duck, Turkey, Pigs in blankets... a nice selection of cold meats in the evening too...

Argh, I'm drooling already.

this thread is really making me hungry,

Original Poster

shadey12

if they didn't taste nice, I wouldn't eat them.

Yeah tasty as hell but you got a feel for em.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/01/24/article-2545361-1AED1C3900000578-543_634x432.jpg

Original Poster

Pigs in blankets are vile, salt overload.

Mushroom with pâté in the centre wrapped in bacon are much nicer.

Error440

We are not vegetarian for 364 days a year so whats so special about … We are not vegetarian for 364 days a year so whats so special about Christmas

​christmas is special, look at all that lovely meaty deliciousness you can feast on until you can't move, you couldn't really do that everyday of the year.
    on no other week of the year do you get sick of Turkey.
    I'm starting to feel festive now.

rodders443

​feel hungry for em. if we didn't eat them, they wouldn't be farmed for the table.

shadey12

​christmas is special, look at all that lovely meaty deliciousness you c … ​christmas is special, look at all that lovely meaty deliciousness you can feast on until you can't move, you couldn't really do that everyday of the year.on no other week of the year do you get sick of Turkey.I'm starting to feel festive now.

Nah the rest of the time your eating chicken instead, I seriously doubt there is a spike in dead animals at Christmas, the rest of the year we are having our roasts, and our greggs and drinking bovril, eating our cheese mites and fig wasp eggs/bodies etc

If we didn't eat them they wouldn't exist. Most are farmed purely for food.

So long as it's not halal then its quite humane, hopefully, we put our trust in those doing the job.

SidSnot

Don't buy a cheap one, it might be a bit … Don't buy a cheap one, it might be a bit 'woof'http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/business/tesco-budget-turkeys-actually-spaniels-200911192242X)

X)

Thanks animals for being so damn tasty.

Guess its just a genetic quirk or cultural norms that make us decide what we eat and don't eat. Brits aren't fond of Horse as we see them as pets and something to put £20 on at the 3:30 at Kempton and not food even though horse is delcicious, but our european neighbours, they love horse, the romanians in particular make a delicious horse meat salami.

My tip for what its worth is eat less meat but better quality.

I only eat vegetarian animals.

Jumpingphil

I think pulling potatoes out of the ground, scraping them with a sharp … I think pulling potatoes out of the ground, scraping them with a sharp knife and then cutting them up and putting them into boiling water / oil, all while still alive, to be quite cruel.:{

I stab potatoes with a knife before baking them.

Jumpingphil

I think pulling potatoes out of the ground, scraping them with a sharp … I think pulling potatoes out of the ground, scraping them with a sharp knife and then cutting them up and putting them into boiling water / oil, all while still alive, to be quite cruel.:{

Plucking out their eyes and mashing them is barbaric.

Predikuesi

I only eat vegetarian animals.

​there's another joke or two in there.

DKLS

Thanks animals for being so damn tasty.Guess its just a genetic quirk or … Thanks animals for being so damn tasty.Guess its just a genetic quirk or cultural norms that make us decide what we eat and don't eat. Brits aren't fond of Horse as we see them as pets and something to put £20 on at the 3:30 at Kempton and not food even though horse is delcicious, but our european neighbours, they love horse, the romanians in particular make a delicious horse meat salami. My tip for what its worth is eat less meat but better quality.

The range of meat we get is very restrictive, in china they have carp swimming round the paddy fields in some areas so they get two crops from one field or more if they put a frame above to grow climbing plants.

You'd think that we would start being more efficient like that and eating many meets would help, such as having rabbits amongst the fields of sheep that are treated as livestock rather than pests

Error440

Nah the rest of the time your eating chicken instead, I seriously doubt … Nah the rest of the time your eating chicken instead, I seriously doubt there is a spike in dead animals at Christmas, the rest of the year we are having our roasts, and our greggs and drinking bovril, eating our cheese mites and fig wasp eggs/bodies etc

​i bet there's a spike in 'homegrown in GB' meat at Xmas.
    a lot of chicken comes from the far east, even though it has pretty sounding Scottish farms on the label.
    still tastes nice.

Error440

The range of meat we get is very restrictive, in china they have carp … The range of meat we get is very restrictive, in china they have carp swimming round the paddy fields in some areas so they get two crops from one field or more if they put a frame above to grow climbing plants.You'd think that we would start being more efficient like that and eating many meets would help, such as having rabbits amongst the fields of sheep that are treated as livestock rather than pests

​when I were a lad my grandad had a rabbit hutch, he didn't need a lawnmower or meat for the stew.

chuckiedoll

Sweeeet! … Sweeeet! [img]https://8583b52b4a309671f69d-b436b898353c7dc300b5887446a26466.ssl.cf1.rackcdn.com/4729999_real-pigs-in-actual-blankets-we-so_e5a48ea6_m.jpg?bg=71626A[/img]

Even sweeter when a bamboo cane is shoved through it's mouth and out it's *** and then spit roasted on beautiful hot embers for several hours until the skin is crispy crackly and then carved fresh of the bone in thick chunks

Yummy

airfix

I stab potatoes with a knife before baking them.

I use a fork

Just to make sure they feel the pain and their skin shrivels to a nice crispy texture

philphil61

I use a forkJust to make sure they feel the pain and their skin shrivels … I use a forkJust to make sure they feel the pain and their skin shrivels to a nice crispy texture

That's forking nasty !

philphil61

Even sweeter when a bamboo cane is shoved through it's mouth and out it's … Even sweeter when a bamboo cane is shoved through it's mouth and out it's *** and then spit roasted on beautiful hot embers for several hours until the skin is crispy crackly and then carved fresh of the bone in thick chunksYummy

https://averyfoodlydiary.files.wordpress.com/2009/12/20091229-porkcrackle.jpg
    https://media.giphy.com/media/ZIaHApfoneZZ6/giphy.gif

rodders443

Feel for them, what perversion is that.
    I hope you're not referring to the alternative Animal Farm?

some great Xmas bait, I love it

chuckiedoll

Just missing some proper stuffing with crispy burnt edges and soft centre and a good dollop of apple sauce

brb just off to heat up my extra tasty chicken and at the same time heat up some stuffing and then slice thickly some baked onion and then with a good dollop of cranberry sauce to stuff into a bun

Is that your stomach growling?

lets all stop eating meat and see what happens to the animals that are left.

shadey12

​when I were a lad my grandad had a rabbit hutch, he didn't need a l … ​when I were a lad my grandad had a rabbit hutch, he didn't need a lawnmower or meat for the stew.

Isn't it a bit stewpid eating the lawnmower?

Sometimes I become really conscious of the fact that I'm eating a (once) living creature. It's kind of creepy. Yet still delicious.

RODDERS443 YOU HAVE INLY POSTED ONE DEAL IN.OVER A YEAR OF MEMBERSHIP. You must be exhausted

WHY NOT POST SOME VEGETARIAN DEALS while I eat this lovely Bacon bun.

DKLS

Thanks animals for being so damn tasty.Guess its just a genetic quirk or … Thanks animals for being so damn tasty.Guess its just a genetic quirk or cultural norms that make us decide what we eat and don't eat. Brits aren't fond of Horse as we see them as pets and something to put £20 on at the 3:30 at Kempton and not food even though horse is delcicious, but our european neighbours, they love horse, the romanians in particular make a delicious horse meat salami. My tip for what its worth is eat less meat but better quality.

which is a damned shame, because horse tastes better, is more nutritious and a lot healthier than the beef that us British enjoy.

Banned

DKLS

That gets my vote

this thread really does nothing for the tasty animals in this country,
    every time I'm here it just make me think of my next meat based meal.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. How dangerous is Donald trump?34226
      2. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …181461
      3. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…17426159
      4. Your dream gaming set up?1532

See more discussions