Groups

Tiscali Legal Advise Help

Banned
    Hello All

I am in a battle with Tiscali over there actions.

I wrote an email to Tiscali on 04/05/2009 03.47 PM

Hello There

I am writing in regards to the problem with my Cancellation. After speaking to many advisors over the phone, I was advised that I will have to cancel my line rental and my calls with them as the company changed there policy to install lines at new address.

After reading your Terms and Conditions I found that

12.4 You may end your contract with us for the Services at anytime if: 12.4.1 you move to a new address to which we cannot provide the Services. In such case you must contact us in advance by telephone (please see condition 13 "Contacting us") and produce written proof of your new address;

I get my line rental, my calls and my broadband service with Tiscali and Tiscali wont be providing me any of these services at the new address.

I am willing to keep the broadband service only with Tiscali if that is provided at a discounted rate as I wont be getting line rental and calls and I incurred charges to get Tiscali installed at my old address and wil have to pay BT to install a new line at my present address.

Hope to hear from you soon.

--
    Regards
    NAME
    PHONE NUMBER
    ACCOUNT NUMBER

I got a reply this morning

Response (Sheena Go)05/05/2009 06.23 AM
    Dear NAME,

Thank you for contacting Tiscali Customer Support.

I understand that you wish to cancel your telephone services yet keep your broadband account to your new address.

In order to cancel your telephone service, please be advised to contact our dedicated Cancellations Team on 0845 077 4488 and select option 1. Lines are open from Monday to Friday 9am-6pm and calls are charged at local rate.

Also, If you wish to transfer your broadband service to your new address, you may contact our Moving House department on 0871 222 3311.

Rest assured that your monthly charges will be discounted once desired package has been applied.

Tiscali strives to provide you with an efficient service and in this case, we have been unable to do so, and I wish to apologise for any inconvenience caused by this matter.

If you have any further queries, please do not hesitate to contact our Customer Care Team on 0871 222 3311, option 2. Lines are open 8am to 9pm, 7 days a week. Calls will be charged at 10p a minute (from a BT landline. Charges from other telephone providers may vary). Calls from a Tiscali Talk landline will be charged at the lower rate of 5p a minute.

Alternatively, you can contact us through our website at www.tiscali.co.uk.

Kind regards,

Sheena Monria Go
    Tiscali Customer Relations

After speaking to cancellations this morning they refused to put any discounted price and said that after cancelling line rental and calls I will still have to pay £14.99 just for the broadband.

I have now written back to Tiscali online

Customer (NAME)05/05/2009 06.19 PM

Hello

Further to yuour response that discounted rates will be applicable, I rang cancellations department and they refused to put any discount and were probably the most unhelpful people I ever spoke to.

I have now ordered a new BT line and O2 broadband service.

I am now writing to cancel my account with Tiscali under terms and condition clause 12.4 You may end your contract with us for the Services at anytime if: 12.4.1 you move to a new address to which we cannot provide the Services. In such case you must contact us in advance by telephone (please see condition 13 "Contacting us") and produce written proof of your new address

According to this clause I will not have to pay for any cancellation fee whatsoever.

If Tiscali continues to charge me the subscription I will have no option but to inform local Trading Standards about your actions.

Regards
    NAME

Now I dont know what to do as their online people promised a discounted rate broadband and I got a new BT line at this address. After this call I have also ordered O2 broadband at new address and NEED HELP ON WHAT TO DO TO GET RID OF TISCALI ?

Thanks

11 Comments

Does your email application not have a spell checker?

Original Poster Banned

grex9101;5127689

Does your email application not have a spell checker?

I go to tiscali contact us page and sorry but i am not looking for spell help here.
    Thx

Hi I had big problems a few year back with Tiscali and got hold of a number from Computeractive who was keeping a eye on my problem with them.
    They took my problem on board and sorted it.

In short I didn't pay for a about 3 years as they failed to take direct debits lol. And pricing was wrong lol.

I've pm'd you the number.

What services do they not offer at your new address?

What is the definition of Services at the start of the contract?

Original Poster Banned

pghstochaj;5128044

What services do they not offer at your new address?What is the … What services do they not offer at your new address?What is the definition of Services at the start of the contract?

singed up for a 12 month contract, LINE RENTAL, WEEKEND CALLS, 8 MEG BB, £30 one off installation fee. £9.99 for 1st three months, £14.99 thereafter

after moving address they cant offer anything but broadbnd and wont reduce the price

Original Poster Banned

Siddy;5127937

Hi I had big problems a few year back with Tiscali and got hold of a … Hi I had big problems a few year back with Tiscali and got hold of a number from Computeractive who was keeping a eye on my problem with them. They took my problem on board and sorted it.In short I didn't pay for a about 3 years as they failed to take direct debits lol. And pricing was wrong lol.I've pm'd you the number.

rep for the number

gR8_mUndA;5130412

singed up for a 12 month contract, LINE RENTAL, WEEKEND CALLS, 8 MEG BB, … singed up for a 12 month contract, LINE RENTAL, WEEKEND CALLS, 8 MEG BB, £30 one off installation fee. £9.99 for 1st three months, £14.99 thereafterafter moving address they cant offer anything but broadbnd and wont reduce the price

Depends on the definition of Service then.

Not really Tiscalis fault that you moved is it, otherwise every other tom dick and harry would move address (briefly to relatives etc) to get out of long term contracts.

Just read the full post, I suppose you have a valid point looking at the t&c's you signed too

Original Poster Banned

Paddy_o_furniture;5130607

Not really Tiscalis fault that you moved is it, otherwise every other tom … Not really Tiscalis fault that you moved is it, otherwise every other tom dick and harry would move address (briefly to relatives etc) to get out of long term contracts.

yeh but i am happy to pay £30 installation as i paid initially or get just the broadband at £4.50 as it was when i signed up this contract

My edits gone in after your last post

actually i'm gob smacked they allowed you to cancel early, you won't get that from BT so take it and be happy
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Virgin Media when moving house69
      2. Fitted Sheet66
      3. Good Sim only deals??57
      4. Digital ps4 games22

See more discussions