Unfortunately, this discussion is no longer valid
Posted 12 November 2014

tk maxx returns without receipt?

I bought an item with to maxx literally last week but have misplaced the receipt. do you know if they offers store credit or the like, as I have no way of proving purchase? I have the to maxx tag still on it though. advice would be appreciated. thanks!

Shared Via The HUKD App For Android.
Community Updates
New Comment

9 Comments

sorted by

Sorry, commenting is no longer available on this discussion.

If the security tag is still attached I;m sure they'd be happy to speak to you....

Jokes aside, UK law does not explicitly require a receipt - even as much as carrier bag has been accepted as proof of purchase so the TK tag still on should be fine. There not obligated to refund you, likely store credit at whatever the current price is if lower than the tag. I dont know there policies so best bet is go in and ask / ring.
    My one and only return to TK was horrendous. I bought a suitcase which developed a fault so took it back. Even though I had the receipt they insisted on checking the CCTV to confirm I'd actually bought it before begrudgingly refunding me and with no apology after about an hour of waiting.
    I had the same issue with some clothes I bought tallpete33. I steer clear of tkmaxx as it's just a total tip with loads of junk that never sold at normal retail price so tkcrap as I call it now sell it on at a reduced price. Jumble sale is the description I was looking for. If anyone is thinking of buying from Tkmaxx then take heed as they don't like giving refunds even with a receipt. They make you wait and then question your honesty.
    Don't take it personally when they question a refund they get alot of pro shop lifters and scammers as with any major store I've been asked by chavs outside if they can have my receipt before also get that when I leave tesco if I happen to be holding it
    Did you pay via card? If so take the statement or transition printout with you. Depends who you get and how you approach it but I've had no issues in the past
    Dominatez

I had the same issue with some clothes I bought tallpete33. I steer clear … I had the same issue with some clothes I bought tallpete33. I steer clear of tkmaxx as it's just a total tip with loads of junk that never sold at normal retail price so tkcrap as I call it now sell it on at a reduced price. Jumble sale is the description I was looking for. If anyone is thinking of buying from Tkmaxx then take heed as they don't like giving refunds even with a receipt. They make you wait and then question your honesty.

agree theres a lot of filler in tk maxx but plenty of bargains just have to wade through a lot of dross
    taken items back with just price tag and had credit sorted fine

TKMaxx should have a copy of your receipt in their system...so should be fine ,,,like others said they might check the CCTV to confirm it was you who bought it.

tallpete33

My one and only return to TK was horrendous. I bought a suitcase which … My one and only return to TK was horrendous. I bought a suitcase which developed a fault so took it back. Even though I had the receipt they insisted on checking the CCTV to confirm I'd actually bought it before begrudgingly refunding me and with no apology after about an hour of waiting.

it is because any faulty/damaged items customers returns, TKMaxx have to throw it away if it is not in resaleable condition. There's no way they are going to get their money back..that's why they make sure that it was the EXACT item you bought...because on the receipt it only shows Department No, like 10 for luggage....
    (edited)
    if you have the price ticket on it they will offer an exchange or refund onto a gift card at the current selling price. my local store are really good at returns and for most of them do it without questions but I know it can depend on the store.
    Missus returned a faulty item (when washed colours bled into each other), hadn't kept the receipt and as they were on sale she was only refunded the sale price and not fully what she paid for them. Lesson learnt... but still better than a credit note or no refund at all. You don't ask you don't get.