Groups

To anyone who grabbed that £7.50/mo T-Mobile deal last month...

We should all be getting our first bill about now, I just got mine and I am being charged for data usage! Even though I picked Unlimited Internet as my flexible booster.

I knew it was too good to be true, sent in a complaint by email.

Anyone else had problems?

8 Comments

What was meant by 'unlimited' and did you go over that amount?

Original Poster

I believe unlimited meant 1GB, but I went nowhere near. In fact I only used a few hundred KB!

Mine is okay... Have confirmed over and over that it is 3gb of unlimited data on my £7.50 deal.

Have you logged onto your account to see what your tariff is listed as?

Original Poster

The customer services assistant just called me, he said that I had asked for Unlimited SMS instead of Unlimited Internet (which I definitely did not)

So he changed it to Unlimited Internet and now I get:

500 min
    600 texts
    Unlimited Internet (3GB)

Is this right? I can't find/remember the original deal but I thought you got more texts than that.

Well, either way it's still way better than the extortionate 18 month iPhone contract I just finally got out of!

Thanks to everyone for their responses, I urge anyone else who got that deal to check their bill when it comes through though and make sure they're getting what they asked for!

I haven't started using that SIM much so fortunately only had a tiny bit of data used, but imagine if I had stuck that SIM in a smartphone!

One other thing I will say is that this is the second time I have emailed T-Mobile and they have phoned me back within and hour each time which is great.

Edited by: "soap_box" 17th Dec 2010

soap_box

The customer services assistant just called me, he said that I had asked … The customer services assistant just called me, he said that I had asked for Unlimited SMS instead of Unlimited Internet (which I definitely did not)So he changed it to Unlimited Internet and now I get:500 min600 textsUnlimited Internet (3GB)Is this right? I can't find/remember the original deal but I thought you got more texts than that.Well, either way it's still way better than the extortionate 18 month iPhone contract I just finally got out of!Thanks to everyone for their responses, I urge anyone else who got that deal to check their bill when it comes through though and make sure they're getting what they asked for! I haven't started using that SIM much so fortunately only had a tiny bit of data used, but imagine if I had stuck that SIM in a smartphone!One other thing I will say is that this is the second time I have emailed T-Mobile and they have phoned me back within and hour each time which is great.

Result.

soap_box

The customer services assistant just called me, he said that I had asked … The customer services assistant just called me, he said that I had asked for Unlimited SMS instead of Unlimited Internet (which I definitely did not)So he changed it to Unlimited Internet and now I get:500 min600 textsUnlimited Internet (3GB)Is this right? I can't find/remember the original deal but I thought you got more texts than that.Well, either way it's still way better than the extortionate 18 month iPhone contract I just finally got out of!Thanks to everyone for their responses, I urge anyone else who got that deal to check their bill when it comes through though and make sure they're getting what they asked for! I haven't started using that SIM much so fortunately only had a tiny bit of data used, but imagine if I had stuck that SIM in a smartphone!One other thing I will say is that this is the second time I have emailed T-Mobile and they have phoned me back within and hour each time which is great.

I thought the unlimited internet was part of the deal, plus an extra booster - mine is anyway, get 600mins, 500texts, Unlimited Tmobile calls and 3gb of internet.
    Edited by: "Pr3cious18" 17th Dec 2010

Original Poster

Ah, yes I think you're right! I think I originally asked for the Unlimited SMS booster and the Unlimited internet was supposed to be part of the deal. Might have to wait a few days and contact them again, no rush as I doubt I will exceed 500 texts anyway.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. U.S. bombers fly off North Korea's coast in show of force23
      2. In-store receipt cashback - Shopitize, TopCashBack's 'Groceries', Quidco's …25103
      3. So Brexit isn't going how a lot of Brexiters thought it would2252
      4. Fraudulent site2810

See more discussions