Groups

To buy a ps vita or not?

I have been debating whether or not to get a ps vita from eBay. They generally sell for about £100 but I don't know if it is worth it or not. Is there better models to look out for? What is recommended? Are Sony going to release a newer handheld?

Thanks for any advice

29 Comments

Cash converters has them online for under £90.
    Great handheld with still lots of games coming out. The original ps vita has the better screen compared to the newer ones.

The only time i tend to play my vita is when work is quiet or when I go on holiday. They are ok for passing a bit of time, but they arent a patch on a console IMO.

Look on gumtree or Facebook they go for £50 all the time. £100 is too much, either model is fine Google the pros and cons of each.

if you decided to buy one, go for the OLED version.
    the newer version (also called slim) has standard LCD screen which is inferior and was made with production cost cutting in mind.
    one easy way to know which one is which, is to look at the power button, the OLED has oval power button whereas LCD has round power button.
    I think you should expect to pay around £80 for one in great condition boxed.
    I've had 3 PS Vitas.2 OLED and 1 LCD.not all at the same time obviously.

Edited by: "Tequila" 1st Jul

Pick up a second hand one.off Facebook, definitely worth the 70 quid with mem card and games

Don't under estimate the high cost of Vita memory cards. Look for a secondhand bundle with some cards thrown in.

The vita is really good I use it everyday. Just make sure you get a large enough memory card at least 8 or 16gb so you can have a good library of games for on the go

If you own a ps4, a Vita is a must for remote play. Picked up a mint OLED one for £80 few months back. Use it all the time for Twitch, ps1/psp games and some Vita exclusives.

I upvoted everyone here, cos it seems there's an eejit fanboy in our midst...

Get a Switch

Original Poster

Uridium

Don't under estimate the high cost of Vita memory cards. Look for a … Don't under estimate the high cost of Vita memory cards. Look for a secondhand bundle with some cards thrown in.

Annoyingly, I have so many SD cards but I believe it has to be the ones made by Sony. Unless they changed it (which I doubt)

Original Poster

novo77

If you own a ps4, a Vita is a must for remote play. Picked up a mint OLED … If you own a ps4, a Vita is a must for remote play. Picked up a mint OLED one for £80 few months back. Use it all the time for Twitch, ps1/psp games and some Vita exclusives.

Is there many games that offer remote play?

craig2112

Is there many games that offer remote play?

As far as I'm aware, it's everything. There's not a thing I own on ps4 that hasn't worked on my Vita. Mainly use it to play Stardew Valley and Persona 5 atm. Recently used it to finish The Turing Test as well, though that would have been far easier using a pad.lol

Edited by: "novo77" 1st Jul

My personal opinion, not as good as the 3DS. The library for it is amazing. It is the most played console/handheld I own.

2 sons 16 & 9 and they have all the consoles and handhelds there is out there, and the one sitting in a cupboard gathering dust is the Vita, (closely followed by the Wii)

Just not used at all.

Any recommendations for decent games...3ds beats it hands down for games catalogue

If you see some games for it that interest you then yeah you should go for it. It's a great device. But when it comes to handheld, I prefer the 3DS mainly because it has the most games which is what really matters. If you do get a Vita, Uncharted GA and Killzone are a must have! If you didn't play Gravity Rush Remastered on PS4 then should get the original for the Vita. Also I think LittleBigPlanet was much more enjoyable on the Vita compared to PS3 and PS4. Soul Sacrifice is another really good game and if you decide to get that, go for Soul Sacrifice Delta

For the remote play I never bothered using that on the Vita as I found using my laptop was better for the bigger screen.

craig2112

Annoyingly, I have so many SD cards but I believe it has to be the ones … Annoyingly, I have so many SD cards but I believe it has to be the ones made by Sony. Unless they changed it (which I doubt)

Sadly not, needs to be an expensive Vita Card.

btw...ALL PS4 games support Remote Play

Vita is a very powerful console. It has a huge library of games too. I've had it since release and upgraded 3 times so far (last upgrade was a slim but Asian version). It can be an uneconomical console if you decide to use digital games on it, but if you buy physical games, just like 3DS it's a great console.

Original Poster

CoolDude0123

If you see some games for it that interest you then yeah you should go … If you see some games for it that interest you then yeah you should go for it. It's a great device. But when it comes to handheld, I prefer the 3DS mainly because it has the most games which is what really matters. If you do get a Vita, Uncharted GA and Killzone are a must have! If you didn't play Gravity Rush Remastered on PS4 then should get the original for the Vita. Also I think LittleBigPlanet was much more enjoyable on the Vita compared to PS3 and PS4. Soul Sacrifice is another really good game and if you decide to get that, go for Soul Sacrifice DeltaFor the remote play I never bothered using that on the Vita as I found using my laptop was better for the bigger screen.

I was tempted by the 3ds but since I have a PS4 and ps plus subscription I like that I get two new games each month, and the psn sales are pretty good.

the oled vita goes for a premium, there is one bid up to 900 plus on fleabay

tempt

the oled vita goes for a premium, there is one bid up to 900 plus on … the oled vita goes for a premium, there is one bid up to 900 plus on fleabay

£900+ ??

Buy now for brand new oled vita sees listings starting at £209..?

Edited by: "andynicol" 2nd Jul

andynicol

2 sons 16 & 9 and they have all the consoles and handhelds there is out … 2 sons 16 & 9 and they have all the consoles and handhelds there is out there, and the one sitting in a cupboard gathering dust is the Vita, (closely followed by the Wii)Just not used at all.Any recommendations for decent games...3ds beats it hands down for games catalogue

Voted down for asking for game recomendations...?

I don't get this site at times.

* awaits the down voters on this comment lol *

mixmixi

Vita is a very powerful console. It has a huge library of games too. I've … Vita is a very powerful console. It has a huge library of games too. I've had it since release and upgraded 3 times so far (last upgrade was a slim but Asian version). It can be an uneconomical console if you decide to use digital games on it, but if you buy physical games, just like 3DS it's a great console.

Best Vita games...?

andynicol

£900+ ??Buy now for brand new oled vita sees listings starting at £209..?

That crazy listing ran its course this afternoon, 29 bids for £960 (item 322566999213). There were lots of games on offer though.

Original Poster

I ended up getting an OLED with a 16gb memory card and need for speed for £87.

I was hoping to get a better deal but it seems ps vitas sell like crazy on eBay.

Any game recommendations?

craig2112

I ended up getting an OLED with a 16gb memory card and need for speed for … I ended up getting an OLED with a 16gb memory card and need for speed for £87.I was hoping to get a better deal but it seems ps vitas sell like crazy on eBay. Any game recommendations?

that's a bargain. i had something similar on my watch list and it went for nearly £100 with postage.

craig2112

I was tempted by the 3ds but since I have a PS4 and ps plus subscription … I was tempted by the 3ds but since I have a PS4 and ps plus subscription I like that I get two new games each month, and the psn sales are pretty good.

Understandable. It's a great device for sure! As long as you're happy with the games from PS+ then you'd get a good play out of the vita. Two other games I failed to mention are Freedom Wars which is worth checking out but most of all Persona 4 Golden. That game is a masterpiece!

Original Poster

CoolDude0123

Understandable. It's a great device for sure! As long as you're happy … Understandable. It's a great device for sure! As long as you're happy with the games from PS+ then you'd get a good play out of the vita. Two other games I failed to mention are Freedom Wars which is worth checking out but most of all Persona 4 Golden. That game is a masterpiece!

Persona 4 golden seems to be the main game everyone recommends. I'm going to have to check it out. Thanks for the recommendations!

Original Poster

tempt

that's a bargain. i had something similar on my watch list and it went … that's a bargain. i had something similar on my watch list and it went for nearly £100 with postage.

I just missed out on one with 3 memory cards and 3 games. Sold for about £100.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. which drill bit set for bosch cordless drill ixo range? hex?11
      2. GP Vaccinations: telling patient they are out of stock and go private44
      3. Has your £2.50 Topcashback been paid from the last offer?22
      4. Ripped off by GearBest, VERY ANGRY!2027

See more discussions