Groups
    EXPIRED

To morganpink08

Your PMs are full again so I'll have to put this here.

I bought the PS2 off you a month ago today and it still hasn't arrived. Have you spoken to Royal Mail? If not please can I have all the details such as when you posted it, what service you used, etc? I'm getting very concerned.

Thanks.

118 Comments

Have you had any contact from Him/Her at all since you bought the PS2?

Original Poster

Yes I have had some contact. She was very efficient at first but recently has been taking ages to reply or not replying at all. I have her name and address and paid by bank transfer. She seemed very genuine and I had no suspicions when entering into the transaction. I'm assuming (hoping) it's just Royal Mail being ****. Whenever I enter the tracking code on Royal Mail's site it just says it hasn't been delivered, which I'm well aware of! To contact them I need to know the date it was posted and the service used, til I get that info they can't help :-(

Original Poster

Anyone know what I should do?

Banned

i personally would ask her to return your money

sassie;2222987

i personally would ask her to return your money

Yes, if it was sent by recorded or special delivery, then enough time has passed for her to put in a lost parcel clain with Royal Mail.

Original Poster

Unfortunately as her PMs are full that isn't an immediate option. Is there any way a mod can increase her inbox size temporarily?

ferret1603;2223045

Unfortunately as her PMs are full that isn't an immediate option. Is … Unfortunately as her PMs are full that isn't an immediate option. Is there any way a mod can increase her inbox size temporarily?

Yes, why dont you contact one of the mods, I have noticed that he/she has been on here recently.
    Should be able to get a refund, I am sure its all above board as they say:thumbsup:

Original Poster

I've just got her address. I could write a letter but that'll obviously take time to get there (or get lost) and is easy to ignore.

Original thread ays sent on May 2nd

hotukdeals.com/ite…145

Did you not get her phone number as suggested in the FS/T rules?

Maybe try posting on any other threads that she has recently contributed to..?

Banned

post in all her for sale threads, im sure one will grab her attention or phone her up

Original Poster

@skusey Thanks, how do I go about getting a refund?

Whoops - see her other thread here where there is another similar complaint (see # 36-38)

hotukdeals.com/ite…e=3

Original Poster

Liddle ol' me;2223078

Original thread ays sent on May … Original thread ays sent on May 2ndhttp://www.hotukdeals.com/item/178755/ps2-photocopier-cd-player-universal/?p=2009145#post2009145Did you not get her phone number as suggested in the FS/T rules? Maybe try posting on any other threads that she has recently contributed to..?

Thanks I'll try that. No, I hate using phones. Bit of a phobia I guess, I would never call someone I didn't know.

ferret1603;2223089

@skusey Thanks, how do I go about getting a refund?

Not too sure, contact the mods first and explain the details to them. I hope it works out for you, probably an oversight. I am sure the mods have dealt with this before, they seem reasonable people.:thumbsup:

Liddle ol' me;2223108

Whoops - see her other thread here where there is another similar … Whoops - see her other thread here where there is another similar complaint (see # 36-38)http://www.hotukdeals.com/item/175973/psp-umd-videos-and-dvds-for-sale-of/showthread.php?t=175973&page=3

Just in case this one gets missed at the bottom of previous page...

Original Poster

Liddle ol' me;2223108

Whoops - see her other thread here where there is another similar … Whoops - see her other thread here where there is another similar complaint (see # 36-38)http://www.hotukdeals.com/item/175973/psp-umd-videos-and-dvds-for-sale-of/showthread.php?t=175973&page=3

Thanks. I've contacted the other lady who bought stuff off her to see if she's got anywhere.

Did you get her email..

Original Poster

Someone else has contacted me to say they haven't received stuff off her so it appears she's a scammer. Does the site have any way of putting out an alert? Shall I post her name and address in case she signs up under a different username?

Original Poster

Is there a "contact a mod" button anywhere btw? I can't see how to get in touch with them. Turns out another guy bought a DS that never turned up. That's 4 people at least.

Mods won't get involved. Its your problem if you didn't get the details.

ferret1603;2223197

Someone else has contacted me to say they haven't received stuff off her … Someone else has contacted me to say they haven't received stuff off her so it appears she's a scammer. Does the site have any way of putting out an alert? Shall I post her name and address in case she signs up under a different username?

Yes, lets send her hatemail...:roll:

Banned

as t0mm has said, the mods will not get involved, i suggest you all get together on msn or somewhere and see if you all have the same details etc, etc, do not put the name and address on here, it may not be hers and could be an innocents persons

ferret1603;2223217

Is there a "contact a mod" button anywhere btw? I can't see how to get in … Is there a "contact a mod" button anywhere btw? I can't see how to get in touch with them. Turns out another guy bought a DS that never turned up. That's 4 people at least.

I have just posted a thread asking what the procedure is for this, please read the replies, it may help you

sassie;2223257

as t0mm has said, the mods will not get involved, i suggest you all get … as t0mm has said, the mods will not get involved, i suggest you all get together on msn or somewhere and see if you all have the same details etc, etc, [SIZE="4"]do not put the name and address on here, it may not be hers and could be an innocents persons[/SIZE]

So she starts a thread with all the details on :giggle: (Bank numbers too)

Original Poster

I know her bank details and name are correct else the payment would not have gone through. The site NEEDS to publish that information, otherwise she can sign up under a different username and scam more people.

Banned

her details should have been given to mods, thats what stops the same one joining, if people dont follow the guidelines then that is really their fault, we cant have members willie nilly posting members names, addresses, bank details etc,etc

jackthelad;2223284

So she starts a thread with all the details on :giggle: (Bank numbers too)

great:thumbsup::w00t:

ferret1603;2223306

I know her bank details and name are correct else the payment would not … I know her bank details and name are correct else the payment would not have gone through. The site NEEDS to publish that information, otherwise she can sign up under a different username and scam more people.

set a direct debit up in her name.

jk.

Banned

ferret1603;2223306

I know her bank details and name are correct else the payment would not … I know her bank details and name are correct else the payment would not have gone through. The site NEEDS to publish that information, otherwise she can sign up under a different username and scam more people.

This site doesn't have to do anything of the sort.

Why not ring her?

Original Poster

Anyone can sign up again and again because the site doesn't require all that info when you sign up.

Original Poster

colinsunderland;2223340

This site doesn't have to do anything of the sort.Why not ring her?

If it doesn't it will get a rep as a scammers paradise and the site will suffer.

Read the thread.

ferret1603;2223357

Anyone can sign up again and again because the site doesn't require all … Anyone can sign up again and again because the site doesn't require all that info when you sign up.

ip addresses are logged and investigated if need be

ferret1603;2223306

The bank details do not need the correct name to go through.
    Have you checked the sort code of the branch of the bank to see if it corresponds with the address.

Not perfect, as they may live in a different city, but it's a start.

Also you say that you couldn't phone someone you don't know, so PM me the phone number and i'll do it for you.:thumbsup:

ferret1603;2223364

If it doesn't it will get a rep as a scammers paradise and the site will … If it doesn't it will get a rep as a scammers paradise and the site will suffer.Read the thread.

Mods can't really do anything, best you can do is leave appropriate feedback to warn other users then pursue other methods yourself to reclaim your money/goods, by either filing a paypal claim, contacting police in the case of fraud and of course taking them to court to reclaim funds. Of course all these will usually require you have the correct name/address...

Banned

ferret1603;2223364

If it doesn't it will get a rep as a scammers paradise and the site will … If it doesn't it will get a rep as a scammers paradise and the site will suffer.Read the thread.

I did, I don't see anything that says the site has to publish personal names and addresses (more so when you don't even know if they are correct) or have I missed something?

skusey;2223394

Mods can't really do anything, best you can do is leave appropriate … Mods can't really do anything, best you can do is leave appropriate feedback to warn other users then pursue other methods yourself to reclaim your money/goods, by either filing a paypal claim, contacting police in the case of fraud and of course taking them to court to reclaim funds. Of course all these will usually require you have the correct name/address...

There is a quote function you know :thumbsup:

Original Poster

You missed that I have a phobia of phones and therefore didn't get her number. I will contact my bank and see if they can do anything as we share the same bank.

jah128;2223433

There is a quote function you know :thumbsup:

sorry, didn't copy it right:oops:

:lol: just kidding, ignore me

This thread makes very interesting reading. You might also notice that sassie spotted something... hotukdeals.com/ite…e=7

another point, if you keep your eyes and ears open on this site and have a look at the comments made by people you can get a pretty good idea of their character. I remember morganpink08's very first (?) post. It was one of those racist posts that I always take exception to. She said some outrageous things and the thread was pulled pretty quickly. It taught me something about her then and there. I think sassie might have noticed the same thing..?

Sorry, commenting is no longer available on this discussion.

Top Discussions
    1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …2238
    2. Oh deer.. looks like they are back sooner this year.2438
    3. Aloha! Flamedeer Vacation is LIVE (until August 28th at 5pm)1314
    4. Anyone else used www.completesavings.co.uk44

See more discussions