Toaster advice / recommendations

7 replies
Found 26th Jul 2010
I have a Breville 4 slot toaster which is great other than it doesn't cook the top inch of the bread.

I'm now fed up of having to turn the bread half way through toasting, which usually ends up with burnt toast.

Can anyone recommend a four slice toaster that you own that cooks normal size bread (i.e. sliced white) in it's entirety.

Someone please save me from toaster hell....

1. Misc
  2. Toaster
7 Comments

Same used to happen to my old toaster. I use Warburtons which is always longer and never got toasted properly. We ended up getting a Russell Hobbs long toaster (4 slice) which meant we could put the bread in longways. Its just two long slots which takes up to 4 slices at one time or 2 slices longways.

Original Poster

kaks26

Same used to happen to my old toaster. I use Warburtons which is always … Same used to happen to my old toaster. I use Warburtons which is always longer and never got toasted properly. We ended up getting a Russell Hobbs long toaster (4 slice) which meant we could put the bread in longways. Its just two long slots which takes up to 4 slices at one time or 2 slices longways.

That's a good idea, I'll have a look at them. The normal toasters seem to be very shallow now.

We've got a Russell Hobbs 18024 2 Slice Toaster. Bread fits in on it's side (Roberts) & the slots are wide enough to cook muffins & crumpets

I am not sure if it is our toasters that are small or that our bread is big. Whenever I try to buy bread in mainland Europe it is always much smaller than the stuff I get here. Bread seems more square there, whereas here it is more rectangular.

Original Poster

I think all our toaster must be designed in France, either that or the Chinese have small bread.

I usually cut the top crust off the bread and then it fits (I've got a Breville too).

Deek43

I usually cut the top crust off the bread and then it fits (I've got a … I usually cut the top crust off the bread and then it fits (I've got a Breville too).

pmsl - but the crust is the best part!
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Do I need fabric conditioner?57
    2. Looking for advice on ESP8266 microcontroller project35
    3. How much should fitting bathroom cost713
    4. Buying Christmas tree after Christmas56

See more discussions