Toblerone bar is reverting back to its original shape and going from 150g to 200g :) :)

Found 21st JulEdited by:"Caroline_1993"
Makers of the Swiss chocolate bar, Toblerone, are to scrap its latest incarnation which saw wide gaps between its distinctive triangular chunks.
That version was introduced in 2016 to reduce its weight but drew criticism, with some likening it to a bike rack.
US-based Mondelez International said the new shape had not been a "perfect long-term answer" for its customers.
Now it plans to increase the current size from 150g to 200g and revert to making it in its traditional shape.

source:
bbc news
google - toblerone
the guardian + all national newspapers
Community Updates
Misc
32 Comments
Finally!
"That bar is now being replaced with a new version weighing 33% more, but the price could rise by more than 200%.

One retailing source said that the new 200g bar’s recommended selling price is £3.09, although big supermarkets and large retail chains will be able to sell the bars on promotion at £2-£2.50. The source described the change as a “backdoor price hike on shoppers”.
"Poundland will no longer stock the bars"
I heard about it, means Poundland can't sell their top-selling product anymore . They are bringing Twin Peaks back though!
Partial YAY... and then the usual BOO as not being sold cheap.
I wouldnt pay any more than £1 for it. If they are putting the prices up i would rather it stay as a toast rack or not use as much chocolate just put it back to the original 180g it once was.
Caroline_19934 m ago

I wouldnt pay any more than £1 for it. If they are putting the prices up i …I wouldnt pay any more than £1 for it. If they are putting the prices up i would rather it stay as a toast rack or not use as much chocolate just put it back to the original 180g it once was.

I think they should have just taken a few peaks away from the chocolate instead of making the stupid gaps!

This will cost unnecessarily extra now, I only occasionally eat this but now I'll be going for Twin Peaks as it's quite good IMO.
Edited by: "jamie015" 21st Jul
Thank fudge for that
It’s because everyone stopped buying them
Wish they’d stock the white ones year round though - hurrah for gin and Toblerone that doesn’t look like a toast rack!
emribena29 m ago

Wish they’d stock the white ones year round though - hurrah for gin and T …Wish they’d stock the white ones year round though - hurrah for gin and Toblerone that doesn’t look like a toast rack!

gin and Toblerone ? really ? have plenty of gin and chocolate here is the Toblerone mandatory ?
Wongy11053 m ago

gin and Toblerone ? really ? have plenty of gin and chocolate here is the …gin and Toblerone ? really ? have plenty of gin and chocolate here is the Toblerone mandatory ?

Any chocolate will do, I prefer white Toblerone but whatever floats your boat. In fact, they even do chocolate orange gin so I might start experimenting with white Toblerone gin mmmmmmm - will get on to my mate Debs at Dragons Den!
34447871-lpfvc.jpg
emribena2 m ago

Any chocolate will do, I prefer white Toblerone but whatever floats your …Any chocolate will do, I prefer white Toblerone but whatever floats your boat. In fact, they even do chocolate orange gin so I might start experimenting with white Toblerone gin mmmmmmm - will get on to my mate Debs at Dragons Den![Image]

Well I already make my own liqueurs from fruit
how hard can it be ?.......
Wongy11016 m ago

Well I already make my own liqueurs from fruit how hard can it be ?.......

Sounds amazing - Ribena liqueurs mmmmm
emribena5 m ago

Sounds amazing - Ribena liqueurs mmmmm

Almost the whole crop went in the freezer this year
but you are putting ideas in my head....

the whole thing is not rocket science

might end up that way mind
Wongy11017 m ago

Almost the whole crop went in the freezer this yearbut you are putting …Almost the whole crop went in the freezer this yearbut you are putting ideas in my head....the whole thing is not rocket sciencemight end up that way mind

Send a picture if you do
emribena24 m ago

Send a picture if you do

Not sure how a picture would help much tbh ?
but as it happens made some out of the gooseberries...

so er we go....

well oddly that doesn't seem to taste of much just seems to have 'neutralized' the gin
can't be bad then ?
Wongy1101 h, 0 m ago

Not sure how a picture would help much tbh ?but as it happens made some …Not sure how a picture would help much tbh ?but as it happens made some out of the gooseberries...so er we go....well oddly that doesn't seem to taste of much just seems to have 'neutralized' the gincan't be bad then ?

Love the deep rich purple velvety colour of the black berries and currants.
Used to called gooseberries goosegogs when I was a little girl - tbh they aren’t a strong taste anyway
emribena9 m ago

Love the deep rich purple velvety colour of the black berries and …Love the deep rich purple velvety colour of the black berries and currants. Used to called gooseberries goosegogs when I was a little girl - tbh they aren’t a strong taste anyway

Seen blackberries ripe the past week or two just keep forgetting too take something to put them in this time of year.
Edited by: "Wongy110" 21st Jul
jamie01510 h, 8 m ago

I heard about it, means Poundland can't sell their top-selling product …I heard about it, means Poundland can't sell their top-selling product anymore . They are bringing Twin Peaks back though!

why not?
Niz8 m ago

why not?

Too expensive to stock I guess?

I'm surprised Poundland don't just sell it for £2-3 like they do with half of their stock!
Good to see the real things that matters discussed on here.
Next... Ribena
Probably because they've only sold 3 bars since they changed them!
cmdr_elito21st Jul

It’s because everyone stopped buying them

No, it’s because they’re so generous and felt sorry for their customers
jamie01521st Jul

I heard about it, means Poundland can't sell their top-selling product …I heard about it, means Poundland can't sell their top-selling product anymore . They are bringing Twin Peaks back though!

Bringing back twin peaks.... When did they ever stock it on the first place?
morpheus9 m ago

Bringing back twin peaks.... When did they ever stock it on the first …Bringing back twin peaks.... When did they ever stock it on the first place?

Last year. I bought a couple of them, they were pretty nice!

They were allowed to sell the ones they had already produced before the copyright issues.
Edited by: "jamie015" 22nd Jul
Wongy11021 h, 9 m ago

Well I already make my own liqueurs from fruit how hard can it be ?.......

Liqueurs?
Hard?

It depends who is licking.
Good. Bet this whole move cost the penny pinching gits a lot of money messing about!
2 old new ones for £2 was better than £2.50 for 1 new old one.
i bought 6 old new ones at Xmas last year for a party game. Everyone recognised the shape and it was the most popular prize. On Boxing Day night I sneaked into everyone’s room and stole them all back and left the next day. Now I weigh 2 stone more in weight and I can’t loose it. I think god did that to me. Or I did it to me. Either way. I don’t know how I feel about it all
Edited by: "ju5ti" 22nd Jul
What’s the Poundland one like in comparison? Not seeking now?

New one with massive gaps was ridiculous. Stopped buying it
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants