Expired

toby carvery 2 for £10

Found 23rd May 2012
As the toby carvery are doing 2 for £10 again, and I have never been to a toby carvery before, and as I am rather busy this week, i fancy trying a takeaway one. I am just curious tho, as to what size and shape trays they use?? Will it sufficiently fit in as much as you can get on a plate, especially with the yorkshire, etc. I don't want to travel the few miles to be dissappointed. Any chance anyone has had a toby takeaway and could tell me the size and shape of the container please. I've tried googling and nothing, you would have thought at least ONE person would have uploaded a review SOMEWHERE with photos.. ??
Community Updates
Misc
23 Comments
Never had a takeaway.

Didn't know they did them.
Original Poster
It's ok, I got a reply from their FB page ... ' Hi, You will get one takeaway cardboard tray for carvery (approx. 20cm long, 15cm wide, 6cm high) and one separate paper bag for Yorkshire puds.'

Hope the gravy is not too runny, lol. Yes oympians they do. Same price as sit in, and the 2 for £10 carvery is valid on takeaway too, so i guess the benifit is being able to drink our own cheap booze rather than pub prices.

vouchers here - http://www.tobycarvery.co.uk/springtreats/

check your local one does takeaway through this link - tobycarvery.co.uk/nat…ch/

These are really nice and if you look around you can get deals for free ice cream too when you eat in
robbie1412

It's ok, I got a reply from their FB page ... ' Hi, You will get one … It's ok, I got a reply from their FB page ... ' Hi, You will get one takeaway cardboard tray for carvery (approx. 20cm long, 15cm wide, 6cm high) and one separate paper bag for Yorkshire puds.'Hope the gravy is not too runny, lol. Yes oympians they do. Same price as sit in, and the 2 for £10 carvery is valid on takeaway too, so i guess the benifit is being able to drink our own cheap booze rather than pub prices.vouchers here - http://www.tobycarvery.co.uk/springtreats/check your local one does takeaway through this link - http://www.tobycarvery.co.uk/nationalsearch/

Your a gent, I will definitely be takeing advantage of the takeaway option in future :-)
They also have a free ice cream offer with every meal
paulrowe40

These are really nice and if you look around you can get deals for free … These are really nice and if you look around you can get deals for free ice cream too when you eat in

The free ice cream is in the link above you...or here - tobycarvery.co.uk/spr…ts/
toughCookie

The free ice cream is in the link above you...or here - … The free ice cream is in the link above you...or here - http://www.tobycarvery.co.uk/springtreats/

Thanks - I obviously need the offer for free glasses X)
I was really excited when they opened one up near me in Lincoln

Been 3 times and the food always taste funny and of poor standard ,wont be returning

Others i have been to have been really nice
have you never been to a carvery before?

they put the meat on a plate for you and then to help yourself to the veg.
hate toby carvery go to witherspoons it is much better
phil2345

they don't do a carvery tho
deanos

they don't do a carvery tho

so carvery crap
Toby's twenty times better than microwave food Weatherspoons, meat cut infront of you and help yourselves vegetables, far better.
phil2345

so carvery crap

Carvery crap?

I think we've found someone who needs deporting.
fmgod

Toby's twenty times better than microwave food Weatherspoons, meat cut … Toby's twenty times better than microwave food Weatherspoons, meat cut infront of you and help yourselves vegetables, far better.

can't beat the curry club

olympians

Carvery crap?I think we've found someone who needs deporting.

i like curry ok
Edited by: "phil2345" 24th May 2012
Takeaway toby carvery.

Takeaway toby carvery. oO

WHY WAS I NOT TOLD OF THIS BEFORE TODAY!!!
If you want to experience the smell, taste and atmosphere of a school dinner themed restaurant then by all means go ahead.
Edited by: "Alfonse" 21st Jun 2012
Banned
phil2345

Witherspoons is just Micro crap
Yeah i go to whetherspoons all the time. It just gets worse and worse everytime i'm there. Too many really young servers who would rather talk to each other than serve. Don't think there are more than 4 people working in my one over 20. Steak also gets smaller and smaller everytime i go. Toby is too far away for me, but from my experience it has been lovely.
Original Poster
Alfonse is correct it is very school dinner / hospital food ish. I have some review pictures to show you soon of my takeaway experience , will upload shortly...
I've only been once on a Sunday and wouldn't choose to go there again, we were all done but they run out of yorkshire puddings and people were leaving for this who come for the carvery menu. This was one over Westwood X,Thanet.
Still waiting for pics i'm interested

Sorry, commenting is no longer available on this discussion.

Top Discussions