Toby Deals

Posted 5th Nov
Hi, are these guys trustworthy?
They've had a few deals on HUKD in the past, but I'm wary of their suspiciously low prices for cameras.
I'm after a bridge camera, and noticed for example the Lumix fz2500 for hundreds of pounds cheaper than elsewhere.
tobydeals.co.uk/en_…tml
Similar story with some other cameras.
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

10 Comments
In a nutshell... NO. They appear to be Chinese drop sellers. When a deals to good to be true and all that...
Edited by: "shimzz" 5th Nov
Their 2 Carverys for £10 was a cracking offer,

i wouldnt buy a Camera from them though...
TD is the sister (brother?) site to the much-loved EGC, so expect the usual poor levels of CS compensated by silly low prices, reasonable delivery times and no additional import fees to pay. Golden rules with TD & EGC:
pay the merchant directly by UK credit card and only for an item costing more than £99.99 (then you qualify for UK-based protection and UK-based replicated merchant warranty), and
do not buy if you are prone to change of mind.
AndyRoyd05/11/2019 21:47

TD is the sister (brother?) site to the much-loved EGC, so expect the …TD is the sister (brother?) site to the much-loved EGC, so expect the usual poor levels of CS compensated by silly low prices, reasonable delivery times and no additional import fees to pay. Golden rules with TD & EGC: pay the merchant directly by UK credit card and only for an item costing more than £99.99 (then you qualify for UK-based protection and UK-based replicated merchant warranty), anddo not buy if you are prone to change of mind.

Ah right.
I bought a phone on the recommendation of @MrSwitch from some apparently Swiss company on ebay that actually turned out to be a front for eglobal (according to my card statement).
I was absolutely fine with all aspects of that deal. The phone cost close to £250 and arrived in about 5 or 6 days with no duty to pay.
If Toby Deals are a branch of the same organisation, then I'm happy to proceed, obviously using my credit card for the section 75.

Thanks.
I've bought a few phones off there no problems
Anyone know whether Toby Deals and/or eglobal do Black Friday discounts? or else I'll just go ahead and buy the camera now.
@MrSwitch Witchy, aren't you their number 1 fan - you must know?
Uranus05/11/2019 22:56

Anyone know whether Toby Deals and/or eglobal do Black Friday discounts? …Anyone know whether Toby Deals and/or eglobal do Black Friday discounts? or else I'll just go ahead and buy the camera now.@MrSwitch Witchy, aren't you their number 1 fan - you must know?

Don't think they do but tcb offering 2% cashback atm
The EGC .com store has a dedicated BF URL but don't know if that's to attract traffic or lists genuine BF fodder eglobalcentral.com/bla…tml, and if you accept being diverted to the UK site you arrive at some non-corporate marketing page (poor show EGC). The (real) EGC UK site had a Youtube BF promo vid last year showcasing the best deals, but no prices. Go figure.
TD has two dedicated BF pages. No idea if the content is gen BF fodder; I suspect simply clickbait. If you want to bite, you could view today's archives of those pages (archives because HUKD has banned TD domain URLs!):
/en_GB/buy/black-friday-sale.html
/en_GB/black-friday
Would the cameras on Toby Deals be regarded as grey imports?
If so, I'm not sure I understand the disadvantage. I presume there will be a non UK plug, but other than that what other problems could I possibly face?
Would the warranty/guarantee not be valid with Panasonic UK?
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants