TobyDeals, eGlobal Central and all these Chinese 'UK' companies

Posted 15th Dec 2018
Can I have some opinions from people who order from these so called 'UK' (they have .co.uk in title) Chinese companies like TobyDeals and eGlobal Central?

Did anyone get malfunctioning phones?
Did anyone had to refund anything?

Thank you very much
Community Updates
Ask
24 Comments
The problem with asking this question is you're likely to get as many positive responses as negative as people's experiences are very mixed. Although I suppose that is not a good sign in itself! For what it's worth I bought a phone recently from eglobal and have had no problems with it or the order/delivery process.
Very trustworthy and reliable, arrives very quickly, they don't steal money and you won't need to do a chargeback on your credit card when the order disappears.
davewave32 m ago

Very trustworthy and reliable, arrives very quickly, they don't steal …Very trustworthy and reliable, arrives very quickly, they don't steal money and you won't need to do a chargeback on your credit card when the order disappears.

98% accurate
The general consensus whenever this is asked is they are very reliable on the buying/delivery side of things but rubbish when something goes wrong and you need customer service.
I'm sure they're realiable enough as HUKD wouldn't let you post them. The ehtics on the other hand....
Zooicidal15/12/2018 12:47

The general consensus whenever this is asked is they are very reliable on …The general consensus whenever this is asked is they are very reliable on the buying/delivery side of things but rubbish when something goes wrong and you need customer service.

This is exactly what I'm afraid for. Ordering lots from China, but never over £20.
I haven't heard yet of a Chinese company with good customer service.
For example I see plenty of Gearbest deals posted here, but when you google a bit about their customer service, most of the time people won't get their money back, or it will take months to happen.

What Chinese companies do, they will INTENTIONALLY send a defective/wrong item, and issue a PARTIAL refund, tricking the buyers to buy their rubbish stock. But almost never issue a FULL refund, unless you return the item to China.
And when you do....well...they simply say they never received it, or it's not in the same state they have sent it, and simply refuse FULL refund.

I am looking to spend £300 on a new phone, but I am not willing to risk this amount.
Edited by: "Kosmonaut" 15th Dec 2018
deleted2103525
E global is one of the good ones
Kosmonaut15/12/2018 12:50

What Chinese companies do, they will INTENTIONALLY send a defective/wrong …What Chinese companies do, they will INTENTIONALLY send a defective/wrong item, and issue a PARTIAL refund, tricking the buyers to buy their rubbish stock. But almost never issue a FULL refund, unless you return the item to China.And when you do....well...they simply say they never received it, or it's not in the same state they have sent it, and simply refuse FULL refund.I am looking to spend £300 on a new phone, but I am not willing to risk this amount.

Source or just making it up? As much as their customer service is generally horrific, they wouldnt last long if they intentionally ship defective/wrong items.
Thing is, the only customer service I had with GearBest was pretty good. They were somewhat resillient at the start (might have just been my bad photos) but in the end let me keep the item & gave me a refund. For what it's worth, there absolutely fine.
Kosmonaut15/12/2018 12:50

This is exactly what I'm afraid for. Ordering lots from China, but never …This is exactly what I'm afraid for. Ordering lots from China, but never over £20.I haven't heard yet of a Chinese company with good customer service.For example I see plenty of Gearbest deals posted here, but when you google a bit about their customer service, most of the time people won't get their money back, or it will take months to happen.What Chinese companies do, they will INTENTIONALLY send a defective/wrong item, and issue a PARTIAL refund, tricking the buyers to buy their rubbish stock. But almost never issue a FULL refund, unless you return the item to China.And when you do....well...they simply say they never received it, or it's not in the same state they have sent it, and simply refuse FULL refund.I am looking to spend £300 on a new phone, but I am not willing to risk this amount.

As with anything like buying from China, only risk what you are willing to lose, and as you say you are not willing to risk it. Even with the UK fronted sites you don’t get any concrete warranty if something goes wrong, there’s more than enough evidence of that
chocci15/12/2018 13:05

Source or just making it up? As much as their customer service is …Source or just making it up? As much as their customer service is generally horrific, they wouldnt last long if they intentionally ship defective/wrong items.

Do you think I would start a topic to ask people around just to waste our time? I am looking to buy a phone from one of these companies.
I have googled a lot in the last months, on forums, stores feedback, Trustpilot etc. and I have found way too many people loosing money and time overall.

Just because you had a happy experience, it does not mean is good for all.
I am looking for a reliable company, where most buyers had positive experiences.
Even if 20% of users have negative experience, I will AVOID that shop.

If you do not want to add a constructive comment, please avoid adding any.
Thank you.
Dannyrobbo15/12/2018 13:07

As with anything like buying from China, only risk what you are willing to …As with anything like buying from China, only risk what you are willing to lose, and as you say you are not willing to risk it. Even with the UK fronted sites you don’t get any concrete warranty if something goes wrong, there’s more than enough evidence of that

Thing is, in UK, with UK companies, if you get a wrong product, or a defective one, you will get your money back, no doubt about it.
I got burnt last year when I ordered a dashcam from TomTop and what got delivered was vastly inferior to the specification of what I ordered. It taught me the value of PayPal protection - ie. nothing - as PP insisted I had to return the item to China at my expense.

It was only a £6 item, but lesson learnt. I'd never consider a £100+ phone etc now.

YMMV, obvs.
Edited by: "terriclarkfan" 15th Dec 2018
terriclarkfan15/12/2018 13:25

I got burnt last year when I ordered a dashcam from TomTop and what got …I got burnt last year when I ordered a dashcam from TomTop and what got delivered was vastly inferior to the specification of what I ordered. It taught me the value of PayPal protection - ie. nothing - as PP insisted I had to return the item to China at my expense.It was only a £6 item, but lesson learnt. I'd never consider a £100+ phone etc now. YMMV, obvs.

PayPal did nothing wrong there tbh.
Returning items to China is close to impossible (financially + logistically speaking). This is why when I order something from China, I say goodbye to returns + warranty from the start.
Kosmonaut15/12/2018 13:18

Do you think I would start a topic to ask people around just to waste our …Do you think I would start a topic to ask people around just to waste our time? I am looking to buy a phone from one of these companies.I have googled a lot in the last months, on forums, stores feedback, Trustpilot etc. and I have found way too many people loosing money and time overall.Just because you had a happy experience, it does not mean is good for all.I am looking for a reliable company, where most buyers had positive experiences.Even if 20% of users have negative experience, I will AVOID that shop.If you do not want to add a constructive comment, please avoid adding any.Thank you.

Simply wanting a source for your comment that all they intentionally ship wrong or defective items. We know its complete BS so I wasnt expecting you to back your nonsense up with any facts. Mistakes happen but doesnt mean they do it as their business practice.

Pointless thread really when you seem to think they all do this.

BTW, I have received what I ordered from chinese sites plenty of times without any problems so you're talking crap.
Edited by: "chocci" 15th Dec 2018
chocci15/12/2018 13:30

Simply wanting a source for your comment that all they intentionally ship …Simply wanting a source for your comment that all they intentionally ship wrong or defective items. We know its complete BS so I wasnt expecting you to back your nonsense up with any facts. Mistakes happen but doesnt mean they do it as their business practice.Pointless thread really when you seem to think they all do this.BTW, I have received what I ordered from chinese sites plenty of times without any problems so you're talking crap.

There you go:

trustpilot.com/rev…com

Plenty of unhappy buyers there.
Edited by: "Kosmonaut" 15th Dec 2018
Kosmonaut54 m ago

PayPal did nothing wrong there tbh.Returning items to China is close to …PayPal did nothing wrong there tbh.Returning items to China is close to impossible (financially + logistically speaking). This is why when I order something from China, I say goodbye to returns + warranty from the start.

I returned a defective gamepad to Zapals, Chinese company, after opening a case on paypal. Cost close to £15 tracked with cheapest courier I could find. Got my money back with the Returns on Us thing.
Can't imagine a phone would weigh more than a game pad.
deleted210352515/12/2018 12:32

E global is one of the good ones

Sister bought a Samsung Gear from eGlobal for a Christmas present last year

She had to claim off the credit card company as it never arrived.

Zero customer service!
Kosmonaut1 h, 52 m ago

Thing is, in UK, with UK companies, if you get a wrong product, or a …Thing is, in UK, with UK companies, if you get a wrong product, or a defective one, you will get your money back, no doubt about it.

I’ve no doubt you’d receive the correct product my point is on warranty. where you would fall short is, after 6 months the burden of proof is on you to prove the fault. It’s just not worth it to save a few quid. Also what makes you think Eglobal is a UK company
Edited by: "Dannyrobbo" 15th Dec 2018
1982john2 h, 32 m ago

I'm sure they're realiable enough as HUKD wouldn't let you post them. The …I'm sure they're realiable enough as HUKD wouldn't let you post them. The ehtics on the other hand....

Hukd does not allow TobyDeals.
Kosmonaut2 h, 46 m ago

...Ordering lots from China, but never over £20... I am looking to spend …...Ordering lots from China, but never over £20... I am looking to spend £300 on a new phone, but I am not willing to risk this amount.

Pay EGC directly by credit card for any item costing £100+. Then the credit card company is jointly and severally liable for all obligations including successful delivery of item as ordered, no additional import fees, merchant warranty and is the UK-located recipient of any (NAD/fault) returns. S75 = legally enforceable in UK regardless of merchant location.
Kosmonaut2 h, 5 m ago

There you go:https://www.trustpilot.com/review/gearbest.comPlenty of …There you go:https://www.trustpilot.com/review/gearbest.comPlenty of unhappy buyers there.

Trustpilot lol

Still awaiting your facts that Chinese sellers routinely intentionally ship defective / wrong items on purpose
Kosmonaut6 h, 27 m ago

There you go:https://www.trustpilot.com/review/gearbest.comPlenty of …There you go:https://www.trustpilot.com/review/gearbest.comPlenty of unhappy buyers there.

That's not proof that Chinese sellers will send defective stuff as their normal way of operating. Those are people who have been unlucky.

Not all customers post reviews on there... Whether good or bad... It's just a fraction of the entire amount of people who buy from Chinese retailers and in general people post reviews mainly when they have had problems.

I do agree their customer service is not good but they certainly don't send defective stuff deliberately.
Edited by: "hearts22" 15th Dec 2018
I've ordered from eGlobal twice, first order(redmi note 5) came in 8 days, works perfectly. Second order(redmi note 6) took nearly 4 weeks, was worried because at one point the tracking info said return to origin but eGlobal resent it as far as I can make out and it was delivered by DPD within 4 days from the tracking number change in perfect condition. I'd definitely order again from them if I'm saving £50/60 any less and I'd buy from a proper UK retailer.
Edited by: "jez794" 16th Dec 2018
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants