Unfortunately, this discussion is no longer valid
Expired

Tobydeals site.

Posted 24th Oct
Is this site legit? Considering it has 4 star rating on UKtrustpilot yet PayPal has 1 star and PayPal is not banned from this website.
Community Updates
Ask
8 Comments
Legit company based in China; sister company of Eglobalcentral. All products have merchant warranty; some may qualify for manufacturer warranty (many peeps on this forum have stated Apple warranty is valid for products purchased from TD). May qualify for UK-based replicated merchant warranty for any single item(s) over £100 value if purchased directly via credit card and payment processor Adyen is classed as a gateway not an intermediary. No import fees to pay cos TD sorts these before the product reaches the customer's door. Often generates marmite opinion / posts on HUKD. No TD deals posted since Oct 2018 cos of previous self-promo, allegedly.
Same Q has been posted many times before, random late 2018 example at hotukdeals.com/dis…049
Legit but UKtrustpilot means nothing look at John Lewis..
Yes, legit.

I bought from them without issues. Chinese vendor so usual problems such as poor CS if you have problems but they're completely legit.
They always post on here
Danjw9125/10/2019 11:02

Says merchant banned when I tried.

Oh. Think they used to pay members on here to post deals I heard, but it was going over the top and people were fed up.
If you do use it try PayPal if not leave it because sometimes it's hard to claim for warranty.
Misslovely25/10/2019 11:46

Oh. Think they used to pay members on here to post deals I heard, but it …Oh. Think they used to pay members on here to post deals I heard, but it was going over the top and people were fed up. If you do use it try PayPal if not leave it because sometimes it's hard to claim for warranty.

Ye I don't have PayPal. I deleted my account after the super bad CS and dealings with a case. PayPal is a toxic service so I refuse to use it now. Thanks for the info.
Misslovely25/10/2019 11:46

... If you do use it try PayPal if not leave it because sometimes it's …... If you do use it try PayPal if not leave it because sometimes it's hard to claim for warranty.

PayPal doesn't offer nor support warranty claims. A direct credit card payment to (any) trader will however provide UK-based cover when (each) item purchased is over £100.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants