Toddlers Shoe Sizes... confused!

Found 7th Sep 2015
So my toddlers feet are 5.5 inches long. I'm trying to buy some nice Adidas trainers on sportsdirect, but the sizes are so confusing! There's C3 C4 C5 C6 and so on and the size guide is no help!

Any ideas? Thank you.
Community Updates
AskChildcareShoes
14 Comments
the size in inches doesn't correlate to shoe sizes. to need to get your child's feet measured clarks are quite good. but I just take my kids with me and try before I buy as my daughter has tiny feet but chubby so a lot of shoes don't fit her. at 3 and a half she's only a size C5 but my niece 6 months older than her is almost a C8.
I need to try and convert the length of 5.5 inches to this particular size though.
What size shoes do they currently wear? Do they fit ok? You can't guess a shoe size sadly, best to go and get measured even if you have no intention of buying there. The c by the way simply stands for child size.
If you go on ebay you can get a clarks foot measure for a few quid, measure them and input onto their web site and it will give you the appropriate size in length and width. I wouldn't mess about with kids feet, it's next to impossible for you to judge if they fit ok and they have a tendency to confuse whether they fit or not,
Edited by: "Argoj" 7th Sep 2015
toddlers don't need Adidas shoes, don't get them, at that age they go through shoes so quickly, best to get a good pair from Clarks as said above don't mess with their feet. there is also no status of having brands on toddlers unless you are a superstar, save the cash you will need it in 6 weeks when their feet grow again.
jaydog69

I need to try and convert the length of 5.5 inches to this particular … I need to try and convert the length of 5.5 inches to this particular size though.

As Adhkarzf said, it's not just about the length of the foot. Though I am curious why you are measuring in imperial when I'm 51 and was only ever taught in metric!! There are all different width fittings, my son had very broad feet as a toddler, H fitting. His feet would have been very squashed in non-width fitting trainers, even if they were the correct length or longer. You need to get a fitting guide as someone suggested above, or take them into Clarks and have their feet properly measured.

However, 5.5 inches is 13.97cm, which is just under infants shoe size five and a half. Here is a chart to show you -

shoesforkids.co.uk/siz…asp
Edited by: "therealslimkaty" 7th Sep 2015
therealslimkaty

As Adhkarzf said, it's not just about the length of the foot. Though I am … As Adhkarzf said, it's not just about the length of the foot. Though I am curious why you are measuring in imperial when I'm 51 and was only ever taught in metric!! There are all different width fittings, my son had very broad feet as a toddler, H fitting. His feet would have been very squashed in non-width fitting trainers, even if they were the correct length or longer. You need to get a fitting guide as someone suggested above, or take them into Clarks and have their feet properly measured.

So how do you get Adidas trainers then, as these don't have different widths?
jaydog69

So how do you get Adidas trainers then, as these don't have different … So how do you get Adidas trainers then, as these don't have different widths?

Well I just never got my son fashion branded trainers as he was a toddler and didn't need them. I bought him Clarks H width fitting shoes and Start-rite H width fitting boots. However, you could take your toddler into a shop that sells the trainers and actually try them on in person as they might have narrower feet and they will fit alright. You just can't really tell though without trying. Some brands of trainers are known to be much narrower or wider than others. Their little bones are so bendy at that age that you just don't want to be taking any risks as it will be a lot harder to fix problems later.

Edited by: "therealslimkaty" 7th Sep 2015
therealslimkaty

Though I am curious why you are measuring in imperial when I'm 51 and was … Though I am curious why you are measuring in imperial when I'm 51 and was only ever taught in metric!!

I've only used imperial measurements and I'm 41
jaydog69

So how do you get Adidas trainers then, as these don't have different … So how do you get Adidas trainers then, as these don't have different widths?

because they are fashion shoes not designed for kids feet like Clarks and Startrite, but as has been said before a toddler should not be wearing fashion shoes they should be shoes that help support them walking and letting their feet grow. Seems you are set on them and don't want to take advice
as you have no idea about your kids feet get them fitted at clarks
would you rather your kid looked like they came straight off the estate or had shoes that fit and supported their feet?
You're all right. Thanks. I've decided to go to Clarkes this week. They are more expensive, but what you're saying is correct.
pinkleponkle

I've only used imperial measurements and I'm 41

Not at school you didn't, the curriculum has been metric since before me. It would have been illegal to teach you imperial, unless you were home schooled or something.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants