Toffee cake

Looking for a recipe for toffee cake...

No sticky toffee, just want a recipe for a cake thats like a vitoria sponge but toffee flavoured?

Could i just add toffee sauce to the victoria sponge recipe? or will this turn the cake bad?

Thanks

10 Comments

i dont think you should add toffee sauce (unless you use it to replace some of the sugar+water maybe?)

Perhaps you'd be better off doing a toffee filling rather than a jam one?

Original Poster

coerce86;8680168

i dont think you should add toffee sauce (unless you use it to replace … i dont think you should add toffee sauce (unless you use it to replace some of the sugar+water maybe?)Perhaps you'd be better off doing a toffee filling rather than a jam one?

Thanks, i want the sponge to be toffee flavoured.

Original Poster

coerce86;8680184

was able to find … was able to find this:http://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20090612083536AAkqYCD(could take out bananas)

Is cake flour just plain flour?

silver spoon (the sugar huys) make quite a few different flavourings like rum/lemon/vanilla etc but i dont think ive ever seen a toffee one

Original Poster

I may just cheat and do 1 like this

ehow.com/how…tml

vengod;8680219

I may just cheat and do 1 like this … I may just cheat and do 1 like this http://www.ehow.com/how_5275143_make-butter-toffee-cake.html

Would love to make that! :roll:

Original Poster

Think what il do is...

Break cake up into cake tin/case
Add Tofee sauce
Add toffee bits
More Cake pieces.

Put in fridge/freezer for bit to "set"

Then top the cake with toffee icing or whipped cream and broken toffee meriganue bits?

What you think?

vengod;8680203

Is cake flour just plain flour?

cake flour is slightly different I believe

I think you can buy it from supermarkets labelled as cake flour =]

vengod;8680314

Think what il do is...Break cake up into cake tin/caseAdd Tofee sauceAdd … Think what il do is...Break cake up into cake tin/caseAdd Tofee sauceAdd toffee bits More Cake pieces. Put in fridge/freezer for bit to "set"Then top the cake with toffee icing or whipped cream and broken toffee meriganue bits?What you think?

i think i want some :-) sounds wicked
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Stop everything, Nutella is bringing a biscuit snack to the market - Metro1312
    2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7763948
    3. What an absolute disgrace2150
    4. GOT Leaks again416

See more discussions