Toilet pipe doesn't reach!

Found 21st Dec 2017
slightly random, but I promised the wife I'd tile the downstairs toilet floor before Christmas, unfortunately, when I put the toilet back in the water pipe doesn't reach due to the raised floor level.. see pic. what is the solution? Are the in-laws going to have no toilet to use at Christmas?
2861065-KNSIb.jpg

1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
12 Comments

flexible tap tail with in line valve
Edited by: "ding" 21st Dec 2017

Original Poster

ding2 m ago

flexible tap tail with in line valve

I don't think there's the space, I could saw the pipe lower down and try and add a Flexi hose?

What I'd do is cut the vertical pipe and install a push-fit straight. That should extend it enough to reach. You'll need to turn the water off at another isolator further back and drain the water.

Make sure the pipe is clean where it goes into the push-fit, all paint removed and back to bare clean copper.

diy.com/dep…prd

Edit - in fact, what @ding says is a good suggestion!
Edited by: "BeerDrinker" 21st Dec 2017

probably not what you want to hear, start afresh with new pipe and push fit couplings. pipe sold in small lengths in wilko's and push fit fittings generally cheaper in screw fix

dave_gilmore815 m ago

I don't think there's the space, I could saw the pipe lower down and try …I don't think there's the space, I could saw the pipe lower down and try and add a Flexi hose?

thats why i mentioned the in line valve so you could do away with the valve already fitted , something like this obviously dependant on pipe sizes

Original Poster

ding8 m ago

thats why i mentioned the in line valve so you could do away with the …thats why i mentioned the in line valve so you could do away with the valve already fitted , something like this obviously dependant on pipe sizes

That looks exactly what I need, appears to have a compression nut one end so can attach it straight onto the cut pipe. Thank you!

Are your in laws disabled? Cant they just walk upstairs?

Why cut/replace anything.
Put a 45degre upwards bend in the horizontal pipe.
The put an open S into the vertical pipe to realign it. Then after Christmas do it properly.

Bodge is the DIY way.

I'm not a Plummer... came here and caught a deer!!

Original Poster

Oneday771 h, 5 m ago

Why cut/replace anything. Put a 45degre upwards bend in the horizontal …Why cut/replace anything. Put a 45degre upwards bend in the horizontal pipe. The put an open S into the vertical pipe to realign it. Then after Christmas do it properly. Bodge is the DIY way.

If I tried to bend a copper water pipe I'd be up to my waist in water within about 60 second

Why is your toilet fitted sideways? Doesn't all the poo and wee slop out?

And get a mini pipe cutter. Don't saw the pipe.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants