Toilet roll situation

Posted 13th MarEdited by:"Gabooorrr"
What is going on with the toilet rolls?
I have been in 4 shops and no rolls. Aldi, Lidl, Morrisons, Asda.

Is it just me, or is it getting crazier out there?
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

Top comments
"the virus is not that deadly"

Well, that's me convinced.
splatsplatsplat13/03/2020 16:47

"the virus is not that deadly"Well, that's me convinced.

Bloke behind me at the checkout started singing songs by Dean Martin & some by Frank Sinatra, I moved away in case he had Crooners virus
40101876-nwyhp.jpg
40101042-ELjRu.jpg
112 Comments
Go somewhere like Wilko or Home Bargains etc
jco8313/03/2020 15:51

Go somewhere like Wilko or Home Bargains etc

Yeah if I go a bit further I am sure I can find, but I just want to understand what is going on?! Why do we need for suddenly too much. The virus doe not affect our belly. We are not going to go to the toilet more often.
Gabooorrr13/03/2020 15:56

Yeah if I go a bit further I am sure I can find, but I just want to …Yeah if I go a bit further I am sure I can find, but I just want to understand what is going on?! Why do we need for suddenly too much. The virus doe not affect our belly. We are not going to go to the toilet more often.

No it doesn’t affect the belly but if you have to go in to self-isolation you’d be there for two weeks in which you are not meant to be going on a shopping trip to the supermarket.
Edited by: "Haircut_100" 13th Mar
Haircut_10013/03/2020 16:04

No it doesn’t affect the belly but if you have to go in to self-isolation y …No it doesn’t affect the belly but if you have to go in to self-isolation you’d be there for two weeks in which you can’t go to the supermarket yourself.

Well in that case you have to buy everything not just rolls...but everything is full around me except the rolls.
That is why I do not understand.
invest in a bidet
Them people are completely insane, that's for sure. What about us normal people, how are we going to buy toilet roll for the correct use? Selfish and delusional idiots.
Edited by: "undead16" 13th Mar
Haircut_10013/03/2020 16:04

No it doesn’t affect the belly but if you have to go in to self-isolation y …No it doesn’t affect the belly but if you have to go in to self-isolation you’d be there for two weeks in which you are not meant to be going on a shopping trip to the supermarket.

Also murmurs from austrailains who had to rush out for loo role as china is there main source... ours is made in the UK, we will be fine
You tried looking at pastaand baked beans. Pretty much the same there.
They had plenty in my local Morrisons early this morning. A few gaps on the shelves but nothing out of the ordinary. They had virtually no soap though.
Gumbon13/03/2020 16:18

Also murmurs from austrailains who had to rush out for loo role as china …Also murmurs from austrailains who had to rush out for loo role as china is there main source... ours is made in the UK, we will be fine

The toilet paper itself is made in the U.K. but the inner cardboard on the roll is apparently made in China
Gabooorrr13/03/2020 16:05

Well in that case you have to buy everything not just rolls...but …Well in that case you have to buy everything not just rolls...but everything is full around me except the rolls.That is why I do not understand.

Shops are not full.
No hand wash, no toilet paper except 2 pack etc, no beans and pasta etc etc
So yeah many odd things are missing

In fact you should do shopping incase your food gets contaminated next week or after
Misslovely13/03/2020 16:31

Shops are not full. No hand wash, no toilet paper except 2 pack etc, no …Shops are not full. No hand wash, no toilet paper except 2 pack etc, no beans and pasta etc etc So yeah many odd things are missing In fact you should do shopping incase your food gets contaminated next week or after

Even if it gets contaminated this virus is not that deadly. The whole situation has been blowned up in my opinion.
It is a danger to the older and weak people, but to normal ones we can survive. It is like a stronger cold.
i have already asked this question last week when my local sainsburys was nearly out of toilet rolls, and it appears that people are stock piling toilet rolls for some reason. it is a very weird item to stockpile as you would think that every one is going to be sitting on the toilet for months if they fall sick by the amount of toilet rolls that people are buying.

unfortunately someone started it and the media fuelled it, so now everyone is getting paranoid about toilet rolls and buying them in excess. i have a year's worth of toilet rolls now so i don't want to start buying any more than this!
"the virus is not that deadly"

Well, that's me convinced.
Gabooorrr13/03/2020 16:36

Even if it gets contaminated this virus is not that deadly. The whole …Even if it gets contaminated this virus is not that deadly. The whole situation has been blowned up in my opinion.It is a danger to the older and weak people, but to normal ones we can survive. It is like a stronger cold.

That’s not quite the case. The virus might not be much danger to you personally but the problem is that you can become infected and be passing it on to more vulnerable people such as the elderly and those with existing health conditions (for whom it most definitely can be deadly) without you even being aware. Over 1250 people have died of it in the space of a few weeks in Italy yet you think it’s “not that deadly”?
I’m confused with toilet rolls, you can use towels or shower in worse case situations. I see food as the bigger issue

Even if it gets contaminated this virus is not that deadly. The whole …Even if it gets contaminated this virus is not that deadly. The whole situation has been blowned up in my opinion.It is a danger to the older and weak people, but to normal ones we can survive. It is like a stronger cold.

Sorry but that is astoundingly wrong.

My OH is a doctor and the info coming in from other countries does not make nice reading.
No stock in our Tesco, absolute carnage, everyone fighting.

No stock in our ASDA, absolute carnage, everyone fighting.

Just up the road, loads of toilet roll stock in Lidl, everyone going about their lives picking up normal amounts of toilet roll as part of their weekly shop...

Nice 'I'm alright jack' attitude you have there. Well done. The potential is there to kill more people in 6 months than the number who died in World War 2 over 9 years!

Your ignorance is astounding
Edited by: "chocci" 13th Mar
Haircut_10013/03/2020 16:50

That’s not quite the case. The virus might not be much danger to you p …That’s not quite the case. The virus might not be much danger to you personally but the problem is that you can become infected and be passing it on to more vulnerable people such as the elderly and those with existing health conditions (for whom it most definitely can be deadly) without you even being aware. Over 1000 people have died of it in the space of a few weeks in Italy yet you think it’s “not that deadly”?

They can die in even in a cold or flu. They are vulnerable to all illness.
Gabooorrr13/03/2020 17:19

They can die in even in a cold or flu. They are vulnerable to all illness.

for the elderly and those with underlying medical condition, covid 19 is more deadly than the seasonal flu. it is also more contagious and so young healthy people can still catch it and become ill, all be it, they recover. however more young people would catch it than the seasonal flu and then pass it on to others, so the infection rate is higher than the flu.

this means that if we don't take measures to contain it, a lot of people will die, much more so than the seasonal flu death tolls. this will put a huge strain on the health service and for families affected, which will be pretty much everyone as everyone will have elderly relatives or those with underlying medical conditions.

the thing that most worries me is that we don't really know that much about this virus as it is new and we don't have a cure or a vaccine. What we have established about the mortality effects have been based on limited data. this means that if we allow it to become widespread, we may find that our current findings are not correct and that it kills even young people. by which time, it will be too late as everyone has got it and it can't be stopped. not to mention it may learn to mutate in the future if we allow it to spread.

this is why people are taking serious measures to contain it until we know more about the virus and can kill it.
chocci13/03/2020 17:19

Nice 'I'm alright jack' attitude you have there. Well done. The potential …Nice 'I'm alright jack' attitude you have there. Well done. The potential is there to kill more people in 6 months than the number who died in World War 2 over 9 years!Your ignorance is astounding

If you say so,
I would not ignore anyone. Only thing I said this whole thing has been blown up and it is only danger to elderly people. These are facts.
And this is the perfect time when people show their real face. Panicking, stock piling in a selfish manner for no reason. I was wondering how people react in an even more dangerous situation. We kill each other oe what?
Nobody thinks calmly.
mutley113/03/2020 17:32

for the elderly and those with underlying medical condition, covid 19 is …for the elderly and those with underlying medical condition, covid 19 is more deadly than the seasonal flu. it is also more contagious and so young healthy people can still catch it and become ill, all be it, they recover. however more young people would catch it than the seasonal flu and then pass it on to others, so the infection rate is higher than the flu.this means that if we don't take measures to contain it, a lot of people will die, much more so than the seasonal flu death tolls. this will put a huge strain on the health service and for families affected, which will be pretty much everyone as everyone will have elderly relatives or those with underlying medical conditions.the thing that most worries me is that we don't really know that much about this virus as it is new and we don't have a cure or a vaccine. What we have established about the mortality effects have been based on limited data. this means that if we allow it to become widespread, we may find that our current findings are not correct and that it kills even young people. by which time, it will be too late as everyone has got it and it can't be stopped. not to mention it may learn to mutate in the future if we allow it to spread.this is why people are taking serious measures to contain it until we know more about the virus and can kill it.

As you said

this means that if we don't take measures to contain it, a lot of people will die

we can not do anything until they find a cure. And quarantine is not going to help and panicking.
I had a look through works computer and for unbranded bog roll it looks like the lead time is just under a week from where you order to where in is in the warehouse ready to ship to stores.
Gabooorrr13/03/2020 16:05

Well in that case you have to buy everything not just rolls...but …Well in that case you have to buy everything not just rolls...but everything is full around me except the rolls.That is why I do not understand.

No Pasta, toilet rolls, hand gel, hardly any soap and very little toothpaste in 4 shops I've just been to...

40099780-FcR3T.jpg
Gabooorrr13/03/2020 17:43

As you said this means that if we don't take measures to contain it, a lot …As you said this means that if we don't take measures to contain it, a lot of people will diewe can not do anything until they find a cure. And quarantine is not going to help and panicking.

panicking certainly won't help, in any situation but it is often unavoidable as it is human nature to overreact.

quarantine is however definitely going to help as it will stop those with the virus spreading it to others and this then leads to everyone being infected. they need to keep the infection rate down to control the disease. it is the only way to deal with the virus at the moment that we know how.
mutley113/03/2020 18:18

panicking certainly won't help, in any situation but it is often …panicking certainly won't help, in any situation but it is often unavoidable as it is human nature to overreact. quarantine is however definitely going to help as it will stop those with the virus spreading it to others and this then leads to everyone being infected. they need to keep the infection rate down to control the disease. it is the only way to deal with the virus at the moment that we know how.

And how do you know when to start the quarantine? It is very possible that the virus spread away before it.
I've noticed in several shops that the only soap bars left are Dove.
Toon_army13/03/2020 18:17

No Pasta, toilet rolls, hand gel, hardly any soap and very little …No Pasta, toilet rolls, hand gel, hardly any soap and very little toothpaste in 4 shops I've just been to...[Image]

what? people are stockpiling toothpaste now??
i need more toothpaste as well so i am hoping there will be some at the shop when i go there on sunday.
mutley113/03/2020 18:24

what? people are stockpiling toothpaste now?? i need more …what? people are stockpiling toothpaste now?? i need more toothpaste as well so i am hoping there will be some at the shop when i go there on sunday.

Everybody wants them shiny teeth few things it seems they've been stocking up on! There was 8 bags of spaghetti left and some wife grabbed 7, I took the last one as I've ran out anyways.
Gabooorrr13/03/2020 18:21

And how do you know when to start the quarantine? It is very possible that …And how do you know when to start the quarantine? It is very possible that the virus spread away before it.

in an ideal world, everyone should stay at home right now and quarantine themselves whether they have symptoms or not until a vaccine or cure is found as that is the 100% cure for this disease without a doubt. however, practicality means that this is impossible and society would have serious problems elsewhere and not just health if this was brought into practice.

so mass quarantine is done when the spread has reached a stage where it has become unmanageable that the downside of mass quarantine is not as bad as allowing the virus to continue to spread. it is like when you have to amputate a leg to save someone's life. the downside of losing the leg is still better than losing a life, but you only ever do it when it gets to that stage.
mutley113/03/2020 18:31

in an ideal world, everyone should stay at home right now and quarantine …in an ideal world, everyone should stay at home right now and quarantine themselves whether they have symptoms or not until a vaccine or cure is found as that is the 100% cure for this disease without a doubt. however, practicality means that this is impossible and society would have serious problems elsewhere and not just health if this was brought into practice.so mass quarantine is done when the spread has reached a stage where it has become unmanageable that the downside of mass quarantine is not as bad as allowing the virus to continue to spread. it is like when you have to amputate a leg to save someone's life. the downside of losing the leg is still better than losing a life, but you only ever do it when it gets to that stage.

And how do you know when is the right time to stay home?
You can spread the virus before the symptoms start.
Gabooorrr13/03/2020 18:33

And how do you know when is the right time to stay home?You can spread the …And how do you know when is the right time to stay home?You can spread the virus before the symptoms start.

we can only listen to the advice of the scientists and at the moment, for the UK, the advice is to self isolate for 7 days if you have symptoms as far as i understand. now is the worse time ever to get the flu!
Gabooorrr13/03/2020 17:38

Only thing I said this whole thing has been blown up and it is only danger …Only thing I said this whole thing has been blown up and it is only danger to elderly people.

With all due respect you seem to be really missing the point. Yes, Coronavirus is more dangerous to elderly people. But in this country we have 12 million people I believe over the age of 65. Let that just sink in for a minute, 12 million elderly. Not to mention other people that have conditions like severe asthma, daibetes, weakened immune systems from other conditions, etc. That's a hell of a lot of peple that could be in serious trouble if they caught the virus. You really don't seem to be understanding how seroius this could potentially be.
Buy baby wipes and have a posh poo
splatsplatsplat13/03/2020 16:47

"the virus is not that deadly"Well, that's me convinced.

Tell that to the 1018 Italians on chill
Haircut_10013/03/2020 18:39

With all due respect you seem to be really missing the point. Yes, …With all due respect you seem to be really missing the point. Yes, Coronavirus is more dangerous to elderly people. But in this country we have 12 million people I believe over the age of 65. Let that just sink in for a minute, 12 million elderly. Not to mention other people that have conditions like severe asthma, daibetes, weakened immune systems from other conditions, etc. That's a hell of a lot of peple that could be in serious trouble if they caught the virus. You really don't seem to be understanding how seroius this could potentially be.

Well you not get my point either. I have been talking about it with mutley1. Please do not explain to you as well. Just read our conversation.
Haircut_10013/03/2020 18:39

With all due respect you seem to be really missing the point. Yes, …With all due respect you seem to be really missing the point. Yes, Coronavirus is more dangerous to elderly people. But in this country we have 12 million people I believe over the age of 65. Let that just sink in for a minute, 12 million elderly. Not to mention other people that have conditions like severe asthma, daibetes, weakened immune systems from other conditions, etc. That's a hell of a lot of peple that could be in serious trouble if they caught the virus. You really don't seem to be understanding how seroius this could potentially be.

Anyone who starts another lavatorial thread is unlikely to want to discuss any coronavirus point seriously, as there is another MISC thread which does this.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Discussions

Top Merchants