Groups

toilet sealent which one

cystern is fastened with 2 bolts to toilet and was also sealed to the wetwall with glue/sealent (see attached pic)
    sealant has come away anyone know which glue/sealant is best to fix back
    remember plumber saying it was a strong sealant/glue but not sure which

p.s i know i can do with it not sealed as the bolts on the bottom hold but it saved it moving and i want it the way it is
    will any sealant do or can someone link me to the correct one

15 Comments

Original Poster

https://s3.postimg.org/8htq7w9cz/IMG_1837.jpg

Silicone. I would use the general as I feel / told that sanitary silicone don't stick so good as standard. Clean surfaces first so it sticks well.

Original Poster

thanks mate will get next time at diy store

Original Poster

Thanks again for the other link as well

Depends on the gap to the wall if sealant is the best option. Mine is about an inch so i just wedged a block of wood behind it. You can't see it and toilet doesn't move at all.

Banned

It should be screwed/bolted to the wall.

Original Poster

new ones don't have holes they sit on back of toilet fixed down by two bolts

https://s4.postimg.org/4dc0lmfvh/IMG_1838.jpg
    Edited by: "madmax666" 17th Aug 2016

YouDontWantToKnow

It should be screwed/bolted to the wall.

Mine are just balanced and siliconed to the wall. My sinks are balanced on the pedestal and glued to the wall. Cowboys don't do screws

Banned

madmax666

new ones don't have holes they sit on back of toilet fixed down by two … new ones don't have holes they sit on back of toilet fixed down by two bolts

Unbelievable. Lets nope someone drunk or overweight has to use it!

Banned

kester76

Mine are just balanced and siliconed to the wall. My sinks are balanced … Mine are just balanced and siliconed to the wall. My sinks are balanced on the pedestal and glued to the wall. Cowboys don't do screws

I find that pretty disgusting. What if a kid bumps into it? That stuff is as sharp as glass when it broken & with the weight falling on to a kid it could easily end up in death.

YouDontWantToKnow

I find that pretty disgusting. What if a kid bumps into it? That stuff is … I find that pretty disgusting. What if a kid bumps into it? That stuff is as sharp as glass when it broken & with the weight falling on to a kid it could easily end up in death.

Only way to remove it is with a hacksaw blade as it sticks solid. You would probably pull the tiles off if trying to pull the cystern off the wall after it has been sealed to it to be honest

Original Poster

they are also bolted with two bolts to the base of the toilet so wont fall
    and as there are not bolt holes that must be considered adequate
    Edited by: "madmax666" 17th Aug 2016

Original Poster

YouDontWantToKnow

I find that pretty disgusting. What if a kid bumps into it? That stuff is … I find that pretty disgusting. What if a kid bumps into it? That stuff is as sharp as glass when it broken & with the weight falling on to a kid it could easily end up in death.

cant fall off as its bolted to the toilet back base with two bolts as i said before but i only want to find the correct stuff to use to seal it again to the wetwall to save it moving at the top

The two who answered gave different answers but i know there will be a squad of plumbers out there just dying to answer

Banned

madmax666

cant fall off as its bolted to the toilet back base with two bolts as i … cant fall off as its bolted to the toilet back base with two bolts as i said before but i only want to find the correct stuff to use to seal it again to the wetwall to save it moving at the topThe two who answered gave different answers but i know there will be a squad of plumbers out there just dying to answer

Use what you want. Just a straight silicone preferably and anti-mold/fungal one.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Remove Best Offers Option On eBay?33
      2. Battery drain on iOS 111319
      3. Working conditions, workers rights. Standing at work causing pain. Is this …1639
      4. What do I do if item is damaged I bought on eBay.710

See more discussions