Toilet tank not filling up with water

Posted 3rd Nov
Hi All - I have been having many DIY issues at my new house and now the toilet tank is not filling up with water.

I wish I could post the video here. It is just filling up by one droplet per second

I have attached photos and videos, can anyone guide please, if I need to replace the pump or do something?

Any help will be appreciated. The name of the existing pump is Hydroflo
3323525.jpg
3323525.jpg
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

10 Comments
Had a similar problem a few weeks ago...turn of water to toilet probably washer/diaphragm

leejay03/11/2019 18:19

Had a similar problem a few weeks ago...turn of water to toilet probably …Had a similar problem a few weeks ago...turn of water to toilet probably washer/diaphragm [Video]

Yes I agree. I did the same also. Replace the diaphragm washer in the fill valve.
Edited by: "ALW_" 3rd Nov
leejay03/11/2019 18:19

Had a similar problem a few weeks ago...turn of water to toilet probably …Had a similar problem a few weeks ago...turn of water to toilet probably washer/diaphragm [Video]

Awesome thanks a ton. The only thing to find now is the stop cock.
freedeals2103/11/2019 19:34

Awesome thanks a ton. The only thing to find now is the stop cock.

Follow the pipe down and you will probably find a
38894530-h8Oqi.jpg
Simply, using a screwdriver, turn the central screw 90° and the water stops. Use this same valve to regulate the water flow. This may be all you need to sort your problem. Turn it on and off a few times and if you're lucky it will only be scale that's closed the line down that's caused your problems.
Push the middle blue part down. If flow increases, then weight it down with a few coins.
Ringfinger03/11/2019 19:46

Follow the pipe down and you will probably find a [Image] Simply, using a …Follow the pipe down and you will probably find a [Image] Simply, using a screwdriver, turn the central screw 90° and the water stops. Use this same valve to regulate the water flow. This may be all you need to sort your problem. Turn it on and off a few times and if you're lucky it will only be scale that's closed the line down that's caused your problems.

Hey that’s an absolutely great idea but I am unable to move the middle part and it seems to have also got a bit funny and big in the middle that the screwdriver is just losing the grip because the screw head is so wide! Am I doing something wrong here?
38895816-ahSFU.jpg
38895816-IxWF1.jpg

38895816-PBOtR.jpg
No, you're not doing anything wrong. That centre part should rotate . Looks to me like it's been on the years and the last time it was turned it had issues. You can try either a larger screwdriver if you have one or a chisel but just turn it, not hit it. If it still won't turn you need to find the mains stopcock and replace this one (it may resolve your problem as the issue with it not turning could be a build up of scale which is also blocking the pipe) as you may need to turn it off on a hurry at a later date.
There are kits for freezing the water which does the same as a stop cock, but you have to complete the job before the water melts enough for the ice plug melts enough to pop out or you get a flood. Not difficult job, plenty of videos on YouTube.
freedeals2103/11/2019 22:55

Hey that’s an absolutely great idea but I am unable to move the middle p …Hey that’s an absolutely great idea but I am unable to move the middle part and it seems to have also got a bit funny and big in the middle that the screwdriver is just losing the grip because the screw head is so wide! Am I doing something wrong here?[Image] [Image] [Image]

Need to go clockwise 90 degrees
that does not look right at all,
chocci04/11/2019 04:33

Need to go clockwise 90 degrees

that looks like a ball joint valve some can go either way so worth trying rocking AC to clockwise to loosen.

therea re many different designs of these so it is hard to be sure but the syphon looks broken.
Have a look see if the part with the wheel on has a point which will attach to the long arm projecting from the flotation drum at the back.
fit a proper on/off lever to replace that monkey metal, which will likely cause you (more) problems shortly.
shut off your mains water & drain it down if needed from the cold tank (if hats where it draws from, see the cold water tank! / tie up the old ball joint in the loft till job done, ...some of the ways around this.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants