Toll charges DUB airport

Found 18th Apr
Hi, I rented a car from Dublin airport (returned it there too) but only remembered today, 2 weeks after returning home, about an e-toll I didn’t pay.
Anyone know if I do need to pay a toll driving on M50 from N4?
I called Avis and no charge has been set against me.
Community Updates
AskTravelAirport
8 Comments
When I was there last - a few years ago now - they automatically added the toll fee to my rental. The cameras are between N3 & N4 (Source)
That page also points out "If you intend to travel on the M50 in a rental car, you should contact your car rental company in advance to find out if your rental agreement covers the payment of toll charges. Some companies will include toll charges in your bill; others will require that you pay all toll charges yourself."
Edited by: "Ar460rn" 18th Apr
Oh no.. Dublin police will come get you to get their fiver back!
€3.10? Assuming it’s a car on the m50
Edited by: "hethekid" 18th Apr
What's the question? You said you need to pay a toll, then you ask if you need to pay a toll, I don't understand.
Ar460rn6 h, 8 m ago

When I was there last - a few years ago now - they automatically added the …When I was there last - a few years ago now - they automatically added the toll fee to my rental. The cameras are between N3 & N4 (Source)That page also points out "If you intend to travel on the M50 in a rental car, you should contact your car rental company in advance to find out if your rental agreement covers the payment of toll charges. Some companies will include toll charges in your bill; others will require that you pay all toll charges yourself."

As above, we have quite a few people visiting our work flying into Dublin. Normally the big rental companies already have it included in the fee and the car plate already has a eflow account setup against it. Although, as our company doesn't have one setup for company cars (unless you down that direction all the time) it takes on average 3 weeks to filter through to the actual person who was driving the car to pay the fine which is rather hefty. Personally I'd ring the number from the below link.

eflow.ie/hel…de/
Contact them, don't let it run. They do collect the toll and fine in the UK if it's not paid, and fines can be hefty.
Thanks all to the sensible answers.
Will give the toll people a call tomorrow
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants