Tolva PC - Graphics card on pre-order, delivered or cancelled?

Posted 5th Nov 2021
Hi all,
can I ask please if anyone has any experience buying from Tolva PC, especially relating to graphics cards on pre-order.

The prices seem good, but too good to be true?
Community Updates
New Comment

11 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    homebanjo05/11/2021 21:43

Thanks for your replies. I have read the trust pilot on them; it would be …Thanks for your replies. I have read the trust pilot on them; it would be of interest to know if anyone here has had any first hand experience also.

It seems beyond comprehension that anyone would transact with a company when made aware of a company's attitude towards flouting consumer legislation and privacy, so presumably you may be a historical victim of the company and are seeking other victims' experiences?
    homebanjo05/11/2021 21:43

Thanks for your replies. I have read the trust pilot on them; it would be …Thanks for your replies. I have read the trust pilot on them; it would be of interest to know if anyone here has had any first hand experience also.

makes no sense, so you read the trustpilot on them, saw it was an obvious scam site, decided to completely ignore all the people on there to come on here and what? hope 1 person says they are legit so you can go get scammed too?
    NoNamesLeftWhy05/11/2021 22:27

makes no sense, so you read the trustpilot on them, saw it was an obvious …makes no sense, so you read the trustpilot on them, saw it was an obvious scam site, decided to completely ignore all the people on there to come on here and what? hope 1 person says they are legit so you can go get scammed too?

Some people will throw everything about at the whiff of any sort of deal it appears. If 99% of victims to websites like this took a second to think "if it's too good to be true, it probably isn't", I think it would be significantly less of a problem.
    Don't seem too good to be true to me?

I would pay with a credit card, at least that will give you some protection.
    Hilarious t&c and no obvious ICO registration are sufficient pointers to infer avoid.
    Author
    NoNamesLeftWhy05/11/2021 22:27

makes no sense, so you read the trustpilot on them, saw it was an obvious …makes no sense, so you read the trustpilot on them, saw it was an obvious scam site, decided to completely ignore all the people on there to come on here and what? hope 1 person says they are legit so you can go get scammed too?

Thank you for the reply. No, I'm not looking to be scammed. Truth is a friend bought something, nearly a year ago, which has yet to be delivered. He was notified, a month ago, that he is now 'Number 1' in the queue for his msi 3080 graphics card.

I do wonder how you can tell they are an obvious scam site though. I've found out Discord has an area for their customer purchases, whatever that means.
    homebanjo06/11/2021 03:05

Thank you for the reply. No, I'm not looking to be scammed. Truth is a …Thank you for the reply. No, I'm not looking to be scammed. Truth is a friend bought something, nearly a year ago, which has yet to be delivered. He was notified, a month ago, that he is now 'Number 1' in the queue for his msi 3080 graphics card. I do wonder how you can tell they are an obvious scam site though. I've found out Discord has an area for their customer purchases, whatever that means.

Interesting. I hope it works out but not sure it will. Who knows. I recall coming across them but ended up getting a 3070 founders from scan after long frenzy period on discord and two sales that didn't come through elsewhere.

The people above have answered the question based on a prospective customer and warned about the red flags.

Maybe make a new post / edit this one asking if anyone has been a customer and had a pre order and had it delivered?
    I ordered a GPU in January 2021. Due to the issues with parts there was a delay.
    From my Trustpilot review:
    "After months of them faffing around and giving b-s answers, I finally got someone to look at my order and offer a similar card.
    This was February 2022. I'm still chasing them daily for updates, as I checked their online stock on their website and they have 8 of the cards I am exchanging in stock.
    After multiple calls / people saying they can't help I pointed out they've had my money for nearly 15 months, and have the cards in stock - but yet won't send me one of the cards.
    So they have nearly £500 of my money, and have so far refused to comment and commit to sending me the product I ordered.
    Now there are no email responses, the "helpline" (opposite of help) goes constantly to voicemail.
    It appears I'll have to write daily reviews on Trustpilot and Google Reviews to tank their rating before anyone responds. What a poor excuse for a company."

I've tried to call them today, got met with more excuses. They've broken the Consumer Rights Act (2015) and it appears the only way I'll get a straight answer is by visiting their site in Chelmsford to get answers.

FYI - Tolva have been around as a company for 30 years.
    Author
    Thanks for your replies.

I have read the trust pilot on them; it would be of interest to know if anyone here has had any first hand experience also.
    Author
    jameshothothot06/11/2021 08:21

Interesting. I hope it works out but not sure it will. Who knows. I recall …Interesting. I hope it works out but not sure it will. Who knows. I recall coming across them but ended up getting a 3070 founders from scan after long frenzy period on discord and two sales that didn't come through elsewhere. The people above have answered the question based on a prospective customer and warned about the red flags.Maybe make a new post / edit this one asking if anyone has been a customer and had a pre order and had it delivered?

Thanks for your suggestions; title has been updated.
's avatar
Discussions
Top Merchants