Groups
    EXPIRED

Tom Tom help needed please.

I currently run Tom Tom on my Nokia N95 8GB, and use an external GPS.
    The versionh I have is :
    App ver. 6.010 (7640)
    GPS Driver v1.20
    Map : GB v562.0

What I want to know is, can I run this using my in-built GPS on the phone, or do I have to download a different version, or an add-on to use it?

Thanks in advance.

9 Comments

If it's the same problem as the N85 you can't use the built in gps. You'll need to keep using the external or wait for tt to get a new version out. . .

There is a middleware application that you can install on the N95-8GB to use TomTom with the internal GPS unit. Its widely available to download from the internet for free.

Original Poster

StevenA2000_uk;4452193

There is a middleware application that you can install on the N95-8GB to … There is a middleware application that you can install on the N95-8GB to use TomTom with the internal GPS unit. Its widely available to download from the internet for free.

I thought I remebered somewhere that there was. Can you help with a link or a Google suggestion? :thumbsup:

Get yourself a copy of Garmin XT for the n95.
    Awesome satnav, then install the poi's and speed cameras, uses the inbuilt gps.
    Gd times. :thumbsup:

kyalion;4452205

I thought I remebered somewhere that there was. Can you help with a link … I thought I remebered somewhere that there was. Can you help with a link or a Google suggestion? :thumbsup:

Google "BinPDA TomTom"

:thumbsup:

Original Poster

StevenA2000_uk;4452239

Google "BinPDA TomTom" :thumbsup:

Where do you think I got the version I'm using, from? :whistling:
    There's no specific add on name for it tho' ?

kyalion;4452297

Where do you think I got the version I'm using, from? :whistling:There's … Where do you think I got the version I'm using, from? :whistling:There's no specific add on name for it tho' ?

You need the following files

bt.sisx - This is the virtual Bluetooth GPS Device program
    GPSd.jar - this is the middleware app that captures the GPS co-ordinates from the internal GPS unit and passes them to tomtom via the virtual GPS Device

Original Poster

StevenA2000_uk;4452315

You need the following filesbt.sisx - This is the virtual Bluetooth GPS … You need the following filesbt.sisx - This is the virtual Bluetooth GPS Device programGPSd.jar - this is the middleware app that captures the GPS co-ordinates from the internal GPS unit and passes them to tomtom via the virtual GPS Device

Fantastic ! Thanks so much. Rep left. :thumbsup:

Don't get your hopes up too much - it can take 20 mins to get a satellite lock sometimes with the hacked version.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. How long do we think it’ll be until USB C is considered as safe and univers…34
      2. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …3211137
      3. What is there free to do in your town?1321
      4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764582

See more discussions