Found 8th Jan 2009
anyone know where to obtain cheap sd cards for tom toms. mines a one xl and i want to add the USA map to it

thanks in advance

13 Comments

Any SD card will work, over 1gb for USA maps, unless you want the whole USA then buy an 8GB!

there's nothing special about them - they're just ordinary SD cards from play.com or wherever. I don't think you can use SDHC ones though (4GB or more) - just stick to the 2GB cards if you want Europe on.

Original Poster

yep but i need the card loaded with the data, east coast

ah, I think DudeyGeeza and I thought you wanted to load your own 'procured' maps onto SD cards. I don't know if anyone other than TomTom sell the maps. Sorry can't help you there.

£79.95 ]here

mittu1;3992820

ah, I think DudeyGeeza and I thought you wanted to load your own … ah, I think DudeyGeeza and I thought you wanted to load your own 'procured' maps onto SD cards. I don't know if anyone other than TomTom sell the maps. Sorry can't help you there.

exactly what i thought dude.

Original Poster

Yeh thats what i already saw £79.95 just for the US map.

the whole unit only cost me £90 so thought it was steep!

timric21;3992907

Yeh thats what i already saw £79.95 just for the US map. the whole unit … Yeh thats what i already saw £79.95 just for the US map. the whole unit only cost me £90 so thought it was steep!

yeah thats how they make their money. the actual hardware is a loss leader.
do as the others have said, get your own maps "elsewhere"

Original Poster

any ideas of sites where i may get the maps downloaded from?

timric21;3993144

piratebay :pirate:

:roll:

timric21;3993144

tomtom.com/pro…d=1
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Driving anxiety.44
    2. 43 inch 4k tv that is uhd 10bit510
    3. A dash cam with remote viewing capability over 4G56
    4. Whey protien411

See more discussions