Tomtom

Found 20th Jun
What’s the best tomtom guys? Want to buy a updated gps model? Any suggestions?
Community Updates
AskSat Nav
7 Comments
Just throwing it out here, you could save money and use Google Maps on your phone. It's quite possibly the best mapping system out.
The best Tomtom is a bargain Tomtom. I got a barnd new end of range model still with lifetime maps/traffix 6100 a year ago for £75 on Amazon when the rrp was £260 and my son got one that had been sitting on top of someones wardrobe for literally 5 years. Maps cost him £40. Both function the same.

The old one has a smaller screen so they look a bit different but the sets work identically when run alongside each other.

The other major difference is the bank account.

As artnada says, he now uses Google maps on his phone. It is faster at route adjustment for traffic
Edited by: "ccnp" 20th Jun
I use Google maps/waze for casual use but any real journeys I use tom Tom, mines 10 years old so no live traffic but the (updated) maps and routes are way better than Google who has my house on the wrong street and thinks my 60+ year old public road isn't usable so tries to make you do a 1.5 mile detour to come from the other direction.
The era of tomtoms is gone with the advent of smartphones. Waze/Google maps are great.
dcx_badass50 m ago

I use Google maps/waze for casual use but any real journeys I use tom Tom, …I use Google maps/waze for casual use but any real journeys I use tom Tom, mines 10 years old so no live traffic but the (updated) maps and routes are way better than Google who has my house on the wrong street and thinks my 60+ year old public road isn't usable so tries to make you do a 1.5 mile detour to come from the other direction.

Use Waze which is basically Google maps managed by average people
The updates are a Ripoff, id stay away from TomTom. You can DL the updates though.
Don't buy a tomtom the guarantee updates for life is not true
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants