Groups

tomtom 720 stuck on bios screen

the battery died in my friends tomtom, so i changed it and now its stuck on a bios screen, every so often it goes of and when it comes back on it goes straight to bios screen again.
    this isnt the first time ive changed these batteries and never had a problem.
    any ideas people

11 Comments

Original Poster

done that and hard reset, still nothing

Original Poster

it wont switch on so cannot connect to pc

Original Poster

as soon as the battery is connected to the mother board it comes on without pressing the button and goes straight in to the bios/status screen

how do you change the battery? mine is fubar'd too!!!!

Original Poster

if you disconect the battery and plug back in it just restarts by itself into the status screen, so now it is all back together and on the docking station swithed on as it wont switch off and charging

Banned

markhodges1975;8202349

he's not the best person to ask considering he's just broken one...

Original Poster

markhodges1975;8202349

is yours the 720.
    well it dosnt matter what model it is, go to ebay and order the battery, then look on line for the document called TomTom GO x20, this is all the instrictions you shall need and yes there is pictures to follow, lol

Original Poster

whatsThePoint;8202450

Leave it to fully charge for next 2 hours then try resetting again

yup will

Original Poster

vibeone;8202446

he's not the best person to ask considering he's just broken one...

well i have done a few and this is the first to do this, just spoke to my friend and it turns out it had issues as well as the battery dying

Turn it upside down while holding on the power button. When it goes to bios mode turn it rightside up.

Original Poster

and what will that do..........................
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …116263
      2. How dangerous is Donald trump?34220
      3. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread415714096
      4. No preseason sky sports offers1218

See more discussions