Found 20th Jun 2011
OK, so I'm one of the may people who bought the TomTom car kit advertised the other week. I got it for my dad as a father's day present.

He has a Touch, model 1 and the kit works for that, however, he'd rather not spend £50 on the TomTom software and would prefer to download NavFree or something similar.

NavFree say's it's not compatible when he downloads it.

The touch is non-jailbroken (he's 73 years of age so let's keep it simple).

Any suggestion?

I've told him to try and install the tomtom car kit app first and then try again.

Does anyone know of any cheap (£1-£3) apps that work on the model 1?

Help

14 Comments

he might need to update the software on is touch.

Original Poster

landofdan

he might need to update the software on is touch.

I think he has but I've asked him to check, thanks.

Cant you jailbreak it for him, once it's done all you'll need is 2 apps. Installous, App Sync.

i had to buy an upgraded software for mine to work with some games and stuff.

cost 2.99 on itunes - so was just thinking it could have been that.

Original Poster

landofdan

i had to buy an upgraded software for mine to work with some games and … i had to buy an upgraded software for mine to work with some games and stuff.cost 2.99 on itunes - so was just thinking it could have been that.

Upgrade to what? I think he's running the latest iOS he can 4.something.

Original Poster

super_leeds_86

Cant you jailbreak it for him, once it's done all you'll need is 2 apps. … Cant you jailbreak it for him, once it's done all you'll need is 2 apps. Installous, App Sync.

I've not even done mine, sounds a little scary but as I guess there's no more iOS updates it might be worth a try.

What's the best Jailbreak for this device?

m00bs

I've not even done mine, sounds a little scary but as I guess there's no … I've not even done mine, sounds a little scary but as I guess there's no more iOS updates it might be worth a try.What's the best Jailbreak for this device?

just get redsnow rc16
and ipsw 4.3.3 for ipod touch 1g

and thats it, follow the instructions and your done! trust me its simples!

Original Poster

Boom123

just get redsnow rc16 and ipsw 4.3.3 for ipod touch 1gand thats it, … just get redsnow rc16 and ipsw 4.3.3 for ipod touch 1gand thats it, follow the instructions and your done! trust me its simples!

Thanks, I might try it next time I see him, or if it's that simple then I may just send him the links.

Original Poster

m00bs

Thanks, I might try it next time I see him, or if it's that simple then I … Thanks, I might try it next time I see him, or if it's that simple then I may just send him the links.

Original Poster

m00bs

Thanks, I might try it next time I see him, or if it's that simple then I … Thanks, I might try it next time I see him, or if it's that simple then I may just send him the links.

I got my ipod touch v2 .jailbroken .because I bought the car kit for £20 . Downloaded tomtom from incidiuos as I weren't paying £40 . And works a treat.

Original Poster

belly1066

I got my ipod touch v2 .jailbroken .because I bought the car kit for £20 … I got my ipod touch v2 .jailbroken .because I bought the car kit for £20 . Downloaded tomtom from incidiuos as I weren't paying £40 . And works a treat.

Yes, but it's a touch 1, I think I'm snookered!

E-bay here we come.

quickpwn.com/201…tml

just make sure your already on 3.1.3 firmware by going to settings/general/about

Original Poster

Well my dad gave up trying and went for the £40 tomtom App, which is he is well pleased with - in it!
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Electric Bike Advice.33
    2. putting dry clean only through washing machne109
    3. Microsoft Surface Pro - reviews/comments/alternatives!44
    4. amazon echo idiots guide57

See more discussions