Groups
    EXPIRED

Tomtom Map Updates, How much do they cost?Anywhere Free?

Does anyone know the prices for tomtom map updates for UK? I cant seem to find them..Someone told me something like £30?I refuse to believe it..

12 Comments

Google ipmart, plenty of nav info on the forums there.

You can get map share for nothing if your map supports it. Switch on your machine and then browse to the map share facility. If you tap on it it will tell you if your map supports it. If it does - connect to Tomtom home and download the mapshare updates. Cheaper than buying new maps

Aquatic;4562185

You can get map share for nothing if your map supports it. Switch on your … You can get map share for nothing if your map supports it. Switch on your machine and then browse to the map share facility. If you tap on it it will tell you if your map supports it. If it does - connect to Tomtom home and download the mapshare updates. Cheaper than buying new maps

just to add to that...

mapshare is an updated maps which have been updated by tomtom users. Hence why its free.

I just checked the map update cost of my tomtomgo 300 and it's £39.95, which is a fairly outrageous cost, considering the cost of a new device!
    tomtom.com/pro…=88

Original Poster

thanks for the info, £40 is jus stupid. might awell buy another navigation system. i'l stick with the outdated maps lol

J4GG4;4562242

just to add to that...mapshare is an updated maps which have been updated … just to add to that...mapshare is an updated maps which have been updated by tomtom users. Hence why its free.

But apparently verified before it is published

Dont blame the navigation when you end up in a lake

Due to the cost of TomTom map update I will never buy another tom-tom product, they have lost my support and respect.

my mate dl from tomtom for the first time and it said he had not enough space on his device

Banned

mercslkman

my mate dl from tomtom for the first time and it said he had not enough … my mate dl from tomtom for the first time and it said he had not enough space on his device

must have the tomtom start (1GB). Doesnt have enough free space for map additions.

I have a tomtom classic and 2 years ago got USA maps. I cant fit both us and eu maps on the device even though they equate to under 1.7gb and I have 1.9gb. Guess more than 200mb is saved for system resources,

Travelling to eu and its working out cheaper for me to get a new device as opposed to updating maps at £70 for western Europe. If they were £25 ish I would buy them in a snap. Poor after care and not the way to keep loyal customers.

Banned

Slim2k

I have a tomtom classic and 2 years ago got USA maps. I cant fit both us … I have a tomtom classic and 2 years ago got USA maps. I cant fit both us and eu maps on the device even though they equate to under 1.7gb and I have 1.9gb. Guess more than 200mb is saved for system resources,Travelling to eu and its working out cheaper for me to get a new device as opposed to updating maps at £70 for western Europe. If they were £25 ish I would buy them in a snap. Poor after care and not the way to keep loyal customers.

Have to agree - I purchased Greece & Greek islands map for £27 and all the place names are in Cyrillic rather than Latin. Effectively useless!

e.g.

"ΧΑΝΙΩΝ" rather than "Chania"

tomtom wouldnt refund me. Loads of complaints about this on their support site.
    Edited by: "csiman" 4th Jun 2012

Sorry, commenting is no longer available on this discussion.

Top Discussions
    1. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047119
    2. love affairs1751
    3. What would be HELL to you?1415
    4. What do you feel like whinging about today?1927365

See more discussions