Found 17th Oct 2010
Fiddling about with it, manged to somehow delete the maps from the memory card.

Now it just say "no maps found"

Downloaded another set of maps.

Now wont work because it says "needs activation first"

Help?

1. Misc
  2. TomTom
Groups
  1. Misc
  2. TomTom
6 Comments

Banned

Providing you log in with your correct Id, tom-tom home will auto activate the map if you are entitled to.

Or are you trying to use illegal maps?

Banned

Oh and legal or illegal, it's a piece of **** to fix, unless you don't know what your doing, in which case don't meddle.

It's virtually impossible to brick a tomtom

Original Poster

vibeone

Providing you log in with your correct Id, tom-tom home will auto … Providing you log in with your correct Id, tom-tom home will auto activate the map if you are entitled to.Or are you trying to use illegal maps?

I deleted the original maps from the tomtom SD card.

I downloaded illegal maps because i didnt know how to get the originals back?

Banned

Well its up to you. You can download your proper maps - get in touch with tomtom support who will provide a link.

Or go illegal, in which case I'm not gonna describe how to activate them because 1) I'll get in trouble and 2) because I took the time and effort to learn this stuff and I'm an expert because of that. There's no shortcut - learn it, or talk to tomtom.

And next time you try to illegal update your maps__ sorry "meddle" back up first

vengod

I deleted the original maps from the tomtom SD card. I downloaded … I deleted the original maps from the tomtom SD card. I downloaded illegal maps because i didnt know how to get the originals back?

You will have to buy new maps now... TomTom WILL NOT provide you with new maps for free if you've deleted yours.

This is why you should always keep a backup of your memory card.

Its simple to activate a map, use google and you will find your answer.

Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. HUKD Nintendo Switch owners thread941396
    2. Marmite1823
    3. Krack WiFi vuln1121
    4. UBER can be a waste of money1019

See more discussions