Tomtop Xiaomi Mi A1 deal removed

Found 11th Oct 2017
Hi there.
There was deal posted on here from TomTop around the 26th of September for an Xiaomi Mi A1. It has been removed for some reason?
There was a number of helpful discussions constantly going on between HUKD members on that post, we were exchanging despatch and delivery info with each other, as well as voicing our concerns with each other regarding our purchases.
Would it be possible for a mod to replace the original post, but maybe just expire it or remove the link to TomTop from it, so that we can continue to communicate with each other?

1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
47 Comments

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/pre-order-global-version-xiaomi-mi-a1-4g-smartphone-55-inches-4gb-ram-64gb-rom-16623-tomtop-2794371

this was the link in question

Original Poster

irradiated2 m ago

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/pre-order-global-version-xiaomi-mi-a1-4g-smartphone-55-inches-4gb-ram-64gb-rom-16623-tomtop-2794371this was the link in question

Nice one, I couldn't find it anywhere, top work.

Yh, I can only assume it was removed because people have reported TomTop as a scam website. I think only time will tell. We should all be covered anyway as we've paid via paypal

BTW, my tracking number they've provided is a UPS tracking number, and only the label has been generated according to UPS. So this kind of confirms the idea that they are sending a batch to a contact in Europe then forwarding the parcels one by one.

32239126-H8ywC.jpg

Original Poster

I've had one despatched but the Gold one is still showing as processing, my daughter wanted the Gold one, wish I hadn't showed it to her now and just ordered 2 of the Black.

The rose coloured one is popular with Chinese punters, and harder to get hold of.

Original Poster

salespalace1 h, 55 m ago

BTW, my tracking number they've provided is a UPS tracking number, and …BTW, my tracking number they've provided is a UPS tracking number, and only the label has been generated according to UPS. So this kind of confirms the idea that they are sending a batch to a contact in Europe then forwarding the parcels one by one.[Image]

Mine was initially shipped using DHL, but in the email that TT sent me they advised me that tracking number will probably change and that they will keep me updated with numerous emails.

DADSCAB5 m ago

Mine was initially shipped using DHL, but in the email that TT sent me …Mine was initially shipped using DHL, but in the email that TT sent me they advised me that tracking number will probably change and that they will keep me updated with numerous emails.

Can you check whether the DHL delivery's destination is the UK or somewhere else? It may actually be the tracking for the package for several orders

Original Poster

This is what It says on the DHL site.
Destination: Oxford United kingdom.
Weight (g) 393

Original Poster

Just sent TomTop customer care another email regarding the Gold handset, I'll let you know if and when they get back to me.

32243411-6z69P.jpg

mines here, got a 'Global' sticker on it too, jiffy bag has a German postage address on, now do i open it to *cough* test it or leave it for christmas???
Edited by: "irradiated" 12th Oct 2017

Original Poster

irradiated55 m ago

[Image] mines here, got a 'Global' sticker on it too, jiffy bag has a …[Image] mines here, got a 'Global' sticker on it too, jiffy bag has a German postage address on, now do i open it to *cough* test it or leave it for christmas???

Nice one.
Some good news at last.
I'd leave it finger print free if it was me, but I'd be very tempted to have a play.
Is it the gold or the black version?
Edited by: "DADSCAB" 12th Oct 2017

black one, its factory sealed too, non of this open it up and put a rom on type you see advertised. think ill have to check it though, id hate her to open it up and find a box of frogs on christmas day

Me too. Mine has reached tamworth. So i can expect it soon.
32244261-RIojF.jpg

Original Poster

irradiated9 h, 52 m ago

black one, its factory sealed too, non of this open it up and put a rom on …black one, its factory sealed too, non of this open it up and put a rom on type you see advertised. think ill have to check it though, id hate her to open it up and find a box of frogs on christmas day

Just say that you was making sure it was fully charged

well after a little play, an update too, im impressed with the phone, its very snappy and feels very polished. now to find a screen protector and a few covers to keep her amused

Just got an update, It is out for delivery. As I previously assumed, ordering from china can take anywhere from 1-4 weeks.

Assuming I receive it today, that's 2 weeks. Only worry is that no one is home!

Original Poster

irradiated51 m ago

well after a little play, an update too, im impressed with the phone, its …well after a little play, an update too, im impressed with the phone, its very snappy and feels very polished. now to find a screen protector and a few covers to keep her amused

I ordered 8 tempered glass screen savers and about 8 cases of various colours and designs from AliExpress.
Don't forget Quidco.
MSVII For Xiaomi Mi5 Case Xiaomi Mi5x A1 Case Luxury Full Protection Hard Frosted PC Back Cover For Xiaomi Mi 5 M5 MI 5X Pro A 1
(from AliExpress Android)
Luxury Soft Thin TPU Back Full Cover Case For Xiaomi Mi5 5S Mi6 Slim Case For Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 4X Redmi 4 4A 4X 4 Pro Cases
(from AliExpress Android)
Edited by: "DADSCAB" 13th Oct 2017

Original Poster

I've sent 4 emails regarding the Gold handset (still processing) and haven't had a single reply.
Hope another deal comes up through AliExpress as I'll jump on that and cancel this.

I had to collect it from ups as no one was home. Phone was sealed. Very nice phone. 2 things that are the weak points :

Camera with low light
No fast charging

Original Poster

There's a fix for the camera but it requires you to root the phone and install the google camera app hdr+ port.
If you search "google camera app hdr+ port" you'll find it.
I've never rooted a phone before so wouldn't know were to start.

Original Poster

Still no reply from TomTop regarding the Gold handset, so I ordered another one form Banggood last Friday and it's already been dispatched.

Original Poster

Order for the Gold on just went from processing to "On Hold" whatever that means.

I was going to give whatever one arrived first (probably the Banggood one) to my daughter and if the TomTop Gold one dose eventually arrive I will give that to the wife.
But because of the lack of communication I'm thinking of contacting PayPal.

you did the right thing. I think there's an issue with the gold device. When did you order? after September 20th?

Original Poster

Yeah I ordered on the 26th of September. I ordered the back one first and then the Gold one 5 minutes later.
Originally I only wanted 2 but now the wife wants 1 as well, so I don't really want to cancel the TomTop order but it would be nice if they would be professional about it and keep me up to date with the shipment.

Toptop are awful, they send out inferior items and edit your order history to show said inferior item

dataload1 h, 42 m ago

Toptop are awful, they send out inferior items and edit your order history …Toptop are awful, they send out inferior items and edit your order history to show said inferior item

What do you mean they send out inferior items? I ordered and got mine litereally 2 weeks from the moment they said they posted

salespalace2 h, 15 m ago

What do you mean they send out inferior items? I ordered and got mine …What do you mean they send out inferior items? I ordered and got mine litereally 2 weeks from the moment they said they posted

see this thread, last few pages cover it

hotukdeals.com/dea…=12

theres horror stories from all these types of companies, i received 2 mi bands off banggood the other day, one was an empty box. My advice is to only use either paypal or a credit card and hope for the best oh and be patient
with this phone and tomtop i myself cant fault them but i can google and others are not so lucky
Edited by: "irradiated" 17th Oct 2017

Original Poster

I've gone completely bonkers... TomTop emailed me yesterday asking me to send them a video of the defect of the item that they haven't yet dispatched communication is king.

Original Poster

Just had this email, any options on what I should do?

Dear customer, Thank you for your order. Sorry to tell you that, but there was something wrong with the product in transit before, so the supplier send us another batch of products. Would you like to wait for some days?Our product will arrive at the warehouse within 10 business days. We will arrange the shipment as soon as it arrives. Best regards Rita

DADSCAB56 m ago

Just had this email, any options on what I should do?Dear customer, Thank …Just had this email, any options on what I should do?Dear customer, Thank you for your order. Sorry to tell you that, but there was something wrong with the product in transit before, so the supplier send us another batch of products. Would you like to wait for some days?Our product will arrive at the warehouse within 10 business days. We will arrange the shipment as soon as it arrives. Best regards Rita

get a refund, tomtop are banned on here for good reason

Original Poster

dataload23 m ago

get a refund, tomtop are banned on here for good reason

Just requested a refund on the Gold one, Black one already despatched.

Original Poster

Haha, Gold one now despatched.

Have you received your black one yet?

Original Poster

Not yet mate, but the tracking says that it has arrived in the UK, so hopefully within the next few days.

The phone is quite good for it's price. snappy. I was going to root it and install the google HDR+ camera app on it but ultimately have decided to give it to my dad as he is due an upgrade from his nearly 5 year old nexus 4.

Problem about rooting is that you won't get any ota updates and since receiving the phone i got 2 updates already. won't happen if im rooted, it'll have to be done manually.

Original Poster

Don't think I'll be messing with it either.
I'm hoping that they will sort the issues with the camera with an update.
I'll have to sell one on eBay as I end up ordering 4 because of TomTop mucking me about.

Original Poster

Black one arrived this morning.

Original Poster

Wifi range isn't that great, and you have to be very precise when hitting the back button.
Redmi Note 4 has a much stronger wifi reception.

try changing the channel on the router, my little play seemed ok, theres also an update to install, again maybe thats got something in there?
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants