Groups

Too many Google search boxes

I have received an Inspiron laptop from Dell. There appears to be 3 google search boxes - I think a bit too many
    one is on the desktop on the right side
    the other two come up when I open internet explore - one on the right of address bar and the other below the address bar .
    Should I delete/unistall two of them as I think they probably slow things down.

Any advice from computer experts would be appreciated.

7 Comments

It sounds like you have Google Desktop Search, Google toolbar and also Google as your default search option for IE. None of them are necessary. I usually keep Google as my Home page for IE and that's all I need.

uninstall google desktop.

As for google toolbar, I like it, use it all the time.

Banned

i-Google as your home page is even better google.co.uk/ig

Its up to you i guess. I generally dont use any google search boxes other than going to google.co.uk but thats just habit

Original Poster

Thanks 4leafed and Chipsticks
    I tried to add rep to both of you - hope I was successful

Banned

The laptop makers get a lot of money for preinstalling search engines, delete them

Johnrulez;4211649

The laptop makers get a lot of money for preinstalling search engines, … The laptop makers get a lot of money for preinstalling search engines, delete them

Absolutely, also applies to the other bloatware they install on a new MS OS computer. WIth all the laptops we buy for work we immediately rebuild them with the supplied recovery CD/DVD as this has all the drivers and only the clean OS.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764314
      2. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846213
      3. Xbox One - Buying from Other Regions *WITH* A VPN (Virtual Private Network)49394
      4. How dangerous is Donald trump?31156

See more discussions