Tools (mechanic)

Found 11th Aug
Anyone recommend anything that's as good as snap on ,my new dealer is unrealable and annoying . Any websites or brands obviously I know about ebay and Halfords junk .
Community Updates
Ask
12 Comments
stahlwille.co.uk/en/…cts

Mechanical engineer here. I find the quality and durability of stahlwille tools are as good as any. They are pricey as with snap on but worth every penny.

Halfords don't deserve to come under the junk banner. Their advanced and professional range is quite good (apart from the Allen keys, they're terrible).
Ko-ken.
Also agree that Halfords Pro are perfectly good for most situations. They can take some hammering and abuse, and get replaced for free when you eventually break them.
My brother (diesel engineer) swears by Gedore and I own a fair few things from Teng.

When it comes to tools the price of the item directly relates to its durabilty IMO.
Edited by: "SUMMONER" 11th Aug
Agree with above the Halfords pro tools are really good for their price.
Edited by: "cmdr_elito" 11th Aug
I use Mac tools, pricey like snap on but it means I can buy stuff on the weekly rather than all out upfront, can’t remember the last time I had a clear balance though
Halfords is no good for industrial use, really bored of this they'll replace it if it breaks rubbish. You need to rely on your tools not rely on the guarantee that stands behind it

Stahlwille
Gedore
sam outlillage
Peddinghaus/MOB
Wera
Whia
Picard
MAC
I have a few bits from Facom that i have had for years and i love, not sure if its snap on quality though.
+1 for halfords advanced my mechanic friend uses their stuff. The lifetime warranty is ridiculous. He broke a ratchet and the paw and gear fell out into an engine bay, he just brought the handle in and they replaced it.

You can roll into any store with just the broken component and they will replace it no questions asked.
Edited by: "mogsog" 11th Aug
The stuff from Machine Mart has a lifetime warranty on all Clarke Pro series tools. Also Halfords Pro stuff is good which also has a lifetime warranty as well.
Edited by: "Sprograt" 11th Aug
sillyoldbear6 h, 37 m ago

Halfords is no good for industrial use, really bored of this they'll …Halfords is no good for industrial use, really bored of this they'll replace it if it breaks rubbish. You need to rely on your tools not rely on the guarantee that stands behind itStahlwille Gedoresam outlillagePeddinghaus/MOBWeraWhiaPicardMAC

+1 for Wera and Whia.
Wera socket sets are great. Though as a con a few of their ratchet spanners have let me down.
Thanks is the comments . Halfords is not for commercial use . It's diy.
Ratchets fall apart and so do their toolboxes , torx sockets snap constantly
Sprograt8 h, 14 m ago

The stuff from Machine Mart has a lifetime warranty on all Clarke Pro …The stuff from Machine Mart has a lifetime warranty on all Clarke Pro series tools. Also Halfords Pro stuff is good which also has a lifetime warranty as well.

Yeah it's to low quality thanks anyway .
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants