Tooth extraction

Found 20th Sep 2017
Hi guys, I'm sure someone can help me with this...Had a crown fitted years ago, my tooth had split holding the crown, had to have the tooth out late Monday afternoon, my question is, Should my gum still be throbbing (gets worse in the evening) it's a front tooth too, any help would be appreciated.
Community Updates
Ask
13 Comments
Yeah. Can take a few days to calm down. I found ibuprofen worked wonders in a similar situation
Yea, I'm taking that, I'm thinking that the bruising is coming out, and that's why it seems to be hurting a bit more.
Call your dentist if you get concerned because it's possible to get an infection after an extraction. If the pain gets bad try Paramol, it's the strongest over the counter pain medication available.
I had one out... It was agony after a few days, then low and behold, a piece of bone came out... After that, it was all ok.

Keep an eye on it... If no better in a few days, call the dentist.
It can take a while to recover. When I had a back tooth removed because it had become infected, the dentist said the bleeding should stop in a few hours, mine continued bleeding for two days! It was very painful and I was given antibiotics but it made me sick so I didnt take the antibiotics.

teeth extraction are really bad.
If no better by Friday I would call your dentist. Better to be on the safe side. Remember you can take paracetamol and ibuprofen at the same time. Stagger the doses and this should keep you pain free.
I had a split tooth...err FANG! out 4 weeks ago i used chloraseptic to numb it, the dentist was very tasty
Edited by: "_Rappy_" 20th Sep 2017
Pain should have eased within hours, is the socket open as sometimes it can be open enough to be exposing the part of the jaw where the tooth was held in its socket, if so you need to go to the dentist to get it packed, could also be a dental abscess in the socket. Get back to the dentist asap so they can resolve. I feel for you as there is nothing worse than dental pain.
Edited by: "SOUTHWALES" 20th Sep 2017
Had exact same thing on back crown , had to go back as my socket didn't heal proper (dry socket ) make sure you have a good clout on the hole if not go dentist if your in pain that will put a dressing in
When I had my wisdom teeth out a few days after it started throbbing. Was my fault for not following their advice and not smoking. The blood clot came loose and I ended up with dry socket. I was in absolute agony and had to go to emergency GP about it. The dry socket hurt worse than the extraction and following healing process.

Whatever you do follow the dentists advice and hope you don't get dry socket. It can last for months and hurts like hell
Thanks all, went to the dentist today, He said I've got mild/partial dry socket, Gave me a prescription for a 5 day course of antibiotics....hopefully it will clear up sooner than later.
iduno8710 m ago

Thanks all, went to the dentist today, He said I've got mild/partial dry …Thanks all, went to the dentist today, He said I've got mild/partial dry socket, Gave me a prescription for a 5 day course of antibiotics....hopefully it will clear up sooner than later.

Did he not pack the socket, I don't understand why he has given you antibiotics unless you have an abscess or an infection. Antibiotics are not pain relief, if he packed the socket that would have stopped because pain almost instantly.
Edited by: "SOUTHWALES" 21st Sep 2017
POWYSWALES23 m ago

Did he not pack the socket, I don't understand why he has given you …Did he not pack the socket, I don't understand why he has given you antibiotics unless you have an abscess or an infection. Antibiotics are not pain relief, if he packed the socket that would have stopped because pain almost instantly.

Nope he didn't do anything, just had a look at it, have it a prod or two....looking at it, I don't think it's dry socket, it's grayish and white in colour, can't see any holes, although I'm not a dentist
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants