Toothpaste count as a liquid ? - RyanAir

Posted 5th Jun 2019
Hi.

Anyone know if toothpaste is classed as a liquid or not when flying with RyanAir with just hand luggage? Ive tried searching online but not got a definite answer.

Anyone know?

Ta
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

51 Comments
It's not a ryanair specific thing, it's an airport specific thing..

Liquids include:

• all drinks, including water
  • liquid or semi-liquid foods, for example soup, jam, honey and syrups
  • cosmetics and toiletries, including creams, lotions, oils, perfumes, mascara and lip gloss
  • sprays, including shaving foam, hairspray and spray deodorants
  • pastes, including toothpaste
  • gels, including hair and shower gel
  • contact lens solution
  • any other solutions and items of similar consistency
gov.uk/han…ons
Edited by: "winifer" 5th Jun 2019
winifer05/06/2019 16:19

It's not a ryanair specific thing, it's an airport specific thing..Liquids …It's not a ryanair specific thing, it's an airport specific thing..Liquids include:all drinks, including waterliquid or semi-liquid foods, for example soup, jam, honey and syrupscosmetics and toiletries, including creams, lotions, oils, perfumes, mascara and lip glosssprays, including shaving foam, hairspray and spray deodorantspastes, including toothpastegels, including hair and shower gelcontact lens solutionany other solutions and items of similar consistencyhttps://www.gov.uk/hand-luggage-restrictions

Ah. Thats great. Thank you so much!
Yes but you're allowed up to 100ml, which is the size of most toothpaste tubes so as long as you display it in the plastic bag at security you should be fine.
deleted1471098
YES. Lip stuff, creams etc too!
Edited by: "deleted1471098" 5th Jun 2019
Delbert.Grady05/06/2019 16:25

Yes but you're allowed up to 100ml, which is the size of most toothpaste …Yes but you're allowed up to 100ml, which is the size of most toothpaste tubes so as long as you display it in the plastic bag at security you should be fine.

Doesn’t it have to be in a clear tube/container?
Delbert.Grady05/06/2019 16:25

Yes but you're allowed up to 100ml, which is the size of most toothpaste …Yes but you're allowed up to 100ml, which is the size of most toothpaste tubes so as long as you display it in the plastic bag at security you should be fine.

I dont have room for the toothpaste, which is why i was asking.

I suppose i could just not brush for 2 weeks lol
SteMoss05/06/2019 17:19

I dont have room for the toothpaste, which is why i was asking. I suppose …I dont have room for the toothpaste, which is why i was asking. I suppose i could just not brush for 2 weeks lol

buy some from whsmiths or boots after check in....
holsrus05/06/2019 17:21

buy some from whsmiths or boots after check in....

Bingo! Why didn’t i think of that?! Thanks.
You don't need to bring toothpaste

Hotels will give it free usually or just buy it In a shop

I dont have room for the toothpaste, which is why i was asking. I suppose …I dont have room for the toothpaste, which is why i was asking. I suppose i could just not brush for 2 weeks lol

Hotels usually have toothpaste or you know the world has toothpaste and food so no need to bring it unless you're going camping which you're not..
Edited by: "Norseg" 5th Jun 2019

Or you could just buy some either after security or in the country you are travelling to lol. Toothpaste exists in other countries too

Are you kidding ? no room for a tube of toothpaste! put it in your coat pocket. I find it impossible to not have room for at most 100ml of toothpaste.
thomasleep05/06/2019 18:14

Are you kidding ? no room for a tube of toothpaste! put it in your coat …Are you kidding ? no room for a tube of toothpaste! put it in your coat pocket. I find it impossible to not have room for at most 100ml of toothpaste.

Hope your not being serious!
SteMoss05/06/2019 18:41

Hope your not being serious!

I hope you are not being serious about not having room for a bit of toothpaste!
thomasleep05/06/2019 18:44

I hope you are not being serious about not having room for a bit of …I hope you are not being serious about not having room for a bit of toothpaste!

Yeah...in the sealed liquid security bag at the airport?
SteMoss05/06/2019 18:45

Yeah...in the sealed liquid security bag at the airport?

wow just wow
SteMoss05/06/2019 18:47

Go back to sleep Thomas.

I really think it you that is barely awake asking the question you did in the first place! zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
don't forget to let them know the human body is mostly liquid too
You can have more than one clear bag. So you can put it in another one.
thomasleep05/06/2019 18:48

I really think it you that is barely awake asking the question you did in …I really think it you that is barely awake asking the question you did in the first place! zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Okay... im asking does toothpaste count as a liquid

The reason me asking that is because I can only take 1 small plastic bag through security at the airport & its already full with shampoo, shower gel etc and i wanted to know wether i could just put the toothpaste in my normal bag or not....

I really don’t know if your joking, being thick or taking the mick either way i don’t get you.
cornishscouse05/06/2019 18:50

You cant with Ryan air as far as im aware. Only 1 per person
SteMoss05/06/2019 18:52

Okay... im asking does toothpaste count as a liquidThe reason me asking …Okay... im asking does toothpaste count as a liquidThe reason me asking that is because I can only take 1 small plastic bag through security at the airport & its already full with shampoo, shower gel etc and i wanted to know wether i could just put the toothpaste in my normal bag or not....I really don’t know if your joking, being thick or taking the mick either way i don’t get you.

well it is not a solid is it! and any genius would get a travel size or just take shower gel and not shampoo too they do the same thing you know. Anyway good luck finding the airport.
thomasleep05/06/2019 18:54

well it is not a solid is it! and any genius would get a travel size or …well it is not a solid is it! and any genius would get a travel size or just take shower gel and not shampoo too they do the same thing you know. Anyway good luck finding the airport.

it is 100ml, the last time i went to an airport was 2003 so i dont know the ‘new’ rules & i WANT to take shower gel and shampoo not a 2 in 1, the other 2 things are medical creams.

I dont think asking wether toothpaste is classed as a solid or a liquid at an airport is a stupid question.

Why did you have to be a complete g o bshi te about it. ?
I had Nutella taken off my in Italy as they sad it was cream.

Its a stupid thing as if terorists want to bomb a plane they will anyway.
markvirgo05/06/2019 19:52

I had Nutella taken off my in Italy as they sad it was cream.Its a stupid …I had Nutella taken off my in Italy as they sad it was cream.Its a stupid thing as if terorists want to bomb a plane they will anyway.

Again they have Nutella in Italy, probably tastes better why do you have to take Nutella on plane with you when they have shops..

Don't understand why people want to take their entire house, just brings clothes you don't need to bring jars of Nutella to italy

It's a waste of space and it's probably just going to cause trouble
Edited by: "Norseg" 5th Jun 2019
Norseg05/06/2019 19:56

Again they have Nutella in Italy, probably tastes better why do you have …Again they have Nutella in Italy, probably tastes better why do you have to take Nutella on plane with you when they have shops.. Don't understand why people want to take their entire house, just bring enough clothes

It was given to me by Italian relatives and it was taken off me in Italy on the way back.
It was a special jar and I didn't want to break it in my suitcase.

I don't take any food etc on the way out but the Italians hve to give you something to bring home.
markvirgo05/06/2019 20:02

It was given to me by Italian relatives and it was taken off me in Italy …It was given to me by Italian relatives and it was taken off me in Italy on the way back. It was a special jar and I didn't want to break it in my suitcase. I don't take any food etc on the way out but the Italians hve to give you something to bring home.

Oh, I thought you said you brought a Jar of Nutella with you to Italy not from
SteMoss05/06/2019 18:53

You cant with Ryan air as far as im aware. Only 1 per person

yeah only one bag.....
i dont think its a daft question, i got caught out with a tin of Vaseline in my handbag, yeah its not solid but yet its not what i would call liquid
holsrus05/06/2019 21:51

yeah only one bag.....i dont think its a daft question, i got caught out …yeah only one bag.....i dont think its a daft question, i got caught out with a tin of Vaseline in my handbag, yeah its not solid but yet its not what i would call liquid

Freeze it. Voila, now it's a solid, not a liquid.
I took toothpaste and at security they opened my cabin case, put toothpaste in plastic bag and bingo. All done.

Only 1 clear bag per person at security
SteMoss05/06/2019 19:01

it is 100ml, the last time i went to an airport was 2003 so i dont know …it is 100ml, the last time i went to an airport was 2003 so i dont know the ‘new’ rules & i WANT to take shower gel and shampoo not a 2 in 1, the other 2 things are medical creams. I dont think asking wether toothpaste is classed as a solid or a liquid at an airport is a stupid question. Why did you have to be a complete g o bshi te about it. ?

The fact it is measured in millilitres is a bit of a clue Einstein
chocci06/06/2019 05:32

Comment deleted

Sorry about my broken english! Not all of us had a great start in life but Ive always tried my best.
I had talcum powder removed from my bag once because they said it showed up as a liquid! Madness!!!
13norfolk06/06/2019 10:26

I had talcum powder removed from my bag once because they said it showed …I had talcum powder removed from my bag once because they said it showed up as a liquid! Madness!!!

The daftest thing is that other international airports dont worry about liquids at all so any terrorist would just get on a plane bound for the UK from one of these
chocci06/06/2019 11:13

The daftest thing is that other international airports dont worry about …The daftest thing is that other international airports dont worry about liquids at all so any terrorist would just get on a plane bound for the UK from one of these

Anyway can someone explain what a terrorist is going to do with Toothpaste and Talcum Powder
Edited by: "Norseg" 6th Jun 2019

I don't think you can, it is supposed to one bag per person and it also has a maximum size so you can't go through with a bin liner

I think the maximum total 'liquids' one person can take is 1000ml
markvirgo05/06/2019 20:02

It was given to me by Italian relatives and it was taken off me in Italy …It was given to me by Italian relatives and it was taken off me in Italy on the way back. It was a special jar and I didn't want to break it in my suitcase. I don't take any food etc on the way out but the Italians hve to give you something to bring home.

Things like that just put them in the checked luggage. It's a jar of thick glass anyway. It won't break easily. With all the clothing as well around it acting as cushioning it would have been the best thing to do.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants