Top 20 best mobile phone in the world by Techradar

Found 25th Sep 2012
link in 1st post.

do you agree with the list?
Community Updates
42 Comments
By Techradar, not engaget. Tech radar is a piece of ****.
I miss my nokia E51, what a phone!

http://image.ffmobile.com/product/photo/41/35/10017239.a9f561b555da420c1fbdf8edc0b8e8dc.jpg

Wi-fi 3g youtube twitter smtp pop3 mail it had it all, and it looked good doing it. WHYYY NOKIA WHYYY did you go with ms!
fandangoxx

By Techradar, not engaget. Tech radar is a piece of ****.

my bad. changed. maybe so, regarding the list how is the galaxy note 20th when some regard it as being better than or just as good as the GS2 which is 6th. whereas the huawei ascend g300 is 14th and yet costs a lot less. the huawei is good but surely the note is better.

Edited by: "kylewalker" 25th Sep 2012
Top 3 are easily debatable about the order but all deserve to be there at the moment I'd say.
In before DGA's Apple defense.
kylewalker

my bad. changed. maybe so, regarding the list how is the galaxy note 20th … my bad. changed. maybe so, regarding the list how is the galaxy note 20th when some regard it as being better than or just as good as the GS2 which is 6th. whereas the huawei ascend g300 is 14th and yet costs a lot less. the huawei is good but surely the note is better.

I have a Galaxy note and it is simply superb and often gets talked about (whether wanted or not), much more I think than an Iphone 4s/5 and Galaxy II/III.

I would only conisder swapping it for a Note 2.

And for those who think its too big, it fits comfortably in my trouser pockets and after using it for just 2 weeks, other phones seemed tiny. Truly amazing phone

# It isnt without some minor faults though.
kylewalker

my bad. changed. maybe so, regarding the list how is the galaxy note 20th … my bad. changed. maybe so, regarding the list how is the galaxy note 20th when some regard it as being better than or just as good as the GS2 which is 6th. whereas the huawei ascend g300 is 14th and yet costs a lot less. the huawei is good but surely the note is better.

I wonder how some of huawei's soon to be released phones which match the specs of the SIII would match up to the heavy weights on this list.

Eg Ascend D Quad

or the XL version.
Edited by: "mogsog" 25th Sep 2012
Best mobile i've ever had:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/3/31/Nokia_3310_blue.jpg/150px-Nokia_3310_blue.jpg
I think the galaxy note should have taken a position in the top 5. Nevertheless the top 3, deserve to be there.
spaceinvader

Wow, remember how mad some people went when you could change the signal icon in the middle of the screen!!
3210 was my favourite.
aircanman

Wow, remember how mad some people went when you could change the signal … Wow, remember how mad some people went when you could change the signal icon in the middle of the screen!!

It was a revelation!

Used to love the old tricks with phones like changing the messaging center to some random one abroad to get free SMS in the UK, or turning the phone off just before the message sent confirmation appeared on the old BT cellnet phones to get free SMS.
When you could key in your ringtone too lol...
spaceinvader

6310 was better
mogsog

I miss my nokia E51, what a phone!Wi-fi 3g youtube twitter smtp pop3 mail … I miss my nokia E51, what a phone!Wi-fi 3g youtube twitter smtp pop3 mail it had it all, and it looked good doing it. WHYYY NOKIA WHYYY did you go with ms!

Because the windows phone OS is actually awesome, intuitive & easy to use.
unquestioned

Because the windows phone OS is actually awesome, intuitive & easy to use.

+1
i am telling ya the Nokia N82 was the best mobile, 18 months a head of the game, it had wifi and gps along with a decent 5 megapixel camera. the n95 8gb was basically the same phone but with fixed memory and a slider keyboard. playing games etc on touch screens is really rather annoying.

master_chief

Top 3 are easily debatable about the order but all deserve to be there at … Top 3 are easily debatable about the order but all deserve to be there at the moment I'd say.

I (unsurprisingly) concur.

I don't know why anybody would buy any other of those three. The htc wins it for me as I really like the build quality of their phones. S3 seems a bit 'plasticy' for me
Edited by: "sancho1983" 25th Sep 2012
Well i agree its between htc one x n galaxy s3 for top spot
dga

I think the mobile market will peak this year for some time, what more … I think the mobile market will peak this year for some time, what more could we need from what's currently on offer from Samsung and HTC?

To be honest I've been looking at upgrading my Sensation to a One X, but my phone pretty much does everything I could possibly want.

The phone market has been crazy for the last 10 years or so, I've upgraded pretty much every year (sometimes more than) and each time I got a new phone I have been impressed with a new feature etc. That's not really happening now though, yes they have more cores, and their graphs go up a little higher, but really they are no different.

Now going to a colour screen for the first time? amazing. Built in camera? awesome. Large, sliding screen with 'hidden' buttons? Awesome.

FYI, my favourite phone I've owned

http://www.extragsm.com/images/phone/big/Nokia/7110/Nokia-7110-02.jpg

Although it did ultimately lead to my now wife sending naughty messages to my then step-dad...
Edited by: "sancho1983" 25th Sep 2012
dga

That's why I upgrade every two years, more satisfaction from larger steps … That's why I upgrade every two years, more satisfaction from larger steps in tech.

I don't think the steps are anywhere near as noticeable now though.
sancho1983

FYI, my favourite phone I've ownedAlthough it did ultimately lead to my … FYI, my favourite phone I've ownedAlthough it did ultimately lead to my now wife sending rude messages to my then step-dad...

I loved my one of these, a feature was that there were more signal bars than usual lol!!

This was the last phone I had before turning to the iPhone, this went back to nokia about 10 times, their service at the time was shocking, they would never ring you, managers wouldn't speak to you, never replied to letters, the company I bought it from were useless!!

http://swotti.starmedia.com/tmp/swotti/cacheBM9RAWEGZTY1VGVJAG5VBG9NES1NB2JPBGUGUGHVBMVZ/imgnokia%20e651.jpg
my first phone i got in 1999 or 2000, oh the days of the turkish and indian sms centre numbers for free texts

[img]t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcStc5j6xYnlwoxx0cjpeCx4S_64F2EVrPPZ2SrdAFA51CTSApyiKND8GQrNpA[/img]
aircanman

I loved my one of these, a feature was that there were more signal bars … I loved my one of these, a feature was that there were more signal bars than usual lol!! This was the last phone I had before turning to the iPhone, this went back to nokia about 10 times, their service at the time was shocking, they would never ring you, managers wouldn't speak to you, never replied to letters, the company I bought it from were useless!!

I had one of those too. I was a bit of a Nokia fanboy.

That phone looked gorgeous and felt really nice to use, unfortunately mine broke a fair bit and made a weird buzzing noise when it was 'open'
Hated all nokias. Greatest ever was the original iPhone. A true game changer.
bigweapon07

my first phone i got in 1999 or 2000, oh the days of the turkish and … my first phone i got in 1999 or 2000, oh the days of the turkish and indian sms centre numbers for free texts [img]http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcStc5j6xYnlwoxx0cjpeCx4S_64F2EVrPPZ2SrdAFA51CTSApyiKND8GQrNpA[/img]

I had one of those too. Made a really aggressive noise when you turned it on (remember when we used to turn phones on?)

I've owned too many phones...
dga

I had a fast transition from N71 (personal) -- BB Bold 9700 (business) -- … I had a fast transition from N71 (personal) --> BB Bold 9700 (business) --> iPhone 4 (personal)Talk about baptism of fire oO

You started late then.
master_chief

Hated all nokias. Greatest ever was the original iPhone. A true game … Hated all nokias. Greatest ever was the original iPhone. A true game changer.

Game changer?

http://techdigestuk.typepad.com/tech_digest/Nokia7600.JPG

http://cdn.head-fi.org/f/fe/350x114px-LL-fea8de04_eaf9aeec_half-trollface.jpeg
sancho1983

I had one of those too. Made a really aggressive noise when you turned it … I had one of those too. Made a really aggressive noise when you turned it on (remember when we used to turn phones on?)I've owned too many phones...

back in the day whe you had to charge it for 16 hours a night. my phones like a landline at the moment it has worse battery life than the old phone i had
^^^^^ I owned one of those too...
sancho1983

I don't think the steps are anywhere near as noticeable now though.

that depends if youre still buying apple or not
That old Motorola was my first phone to. Pull up ariel wasn't it? Then moved onto the Nokia face off 5510 or was it 5110 with changeable covers, then the good old 3310 then after that a number of different handsets, now have the One X and love it. I could list my entire phone history but it may take a while been though quite a lot of phones and with each one bought many changes but now I think it'll be more to do with the software rather than hardware as it's pretty similar out there. Oh and big is the new small.
dga

Was too busy being busy in Europe.

No iPhones in that part of europe?
dga

Only landlines work underground

The Vanishing?
my mobile trail consists of >> motorola 3788e > nokia 3210 > nokia 3310 > nokia 3350 > nokia 7210 > samsung d250? > samsung d350? > ..gap in my mobile life... > nokia ??? > orange san francisco > HTC wildfire S
sancho1983

I had one of those too. I was a bit of a Nokia fanboy.That phone looked … I had one of those too. I was a bit of a Nokia fanboy.That phone looked gorgeous and felt really nice to use, unfortunately mine broke a fair bit and made a weird buzzing noise when it was 'open'

Mine had a buzzing noise when the screen was on, and it killed the battery, getting nokia to change it though was a nightmare!!

My first mobile was a Sony Ericsson flip phone, £250 in the argos catalogue!! - I have had so many others I can't remember, but I was a Nokia fanboy at the time!! - I got a N95 after the E65, but it was shocking, ended up with the iPhone and never looked back!
I held on with the 5800 which was too much of a pseudo smart phone, got an HTC Desire and not looked back
dga

Peaked with the Nokia 7210

i ran over it with my car
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions