Top 3 Indie videogames EVER (thus far)?

Found 12th Sep 2017
Feels as good a time as ever to have a refresh on this opinion, Indie devs now occasionally matching the big budget games of late. For me...

1. Undertale
2. Axiom Verge
3. Cave Story

Honorable mention - Shovel Knight.

I of course have had to leave so many great, great games by the wayside, but these 3 (ok, 4) for me stand head and shoulders against any videogame released ever.
Community Updates
Misc
10 Comments
Minecraft (pre microsoft and post)
Hotline Miami
Nid Hog 1/2

no particular order.

Honerable mention; Firewatch and Super Hot. All games that have caused shifts or revolutionised the games industry and spawned their own clones (bar Nid Hog and Firewatch).
Rocket League, Inside and Bastion for me. With so, so many honourable mentions - Guacamelee!, Volume, Thomas Was Alone, Firewatch, Rogue Legacy, Super Meat Boy, Never Alone, Limbo, Brothers: A Tale of Two Suns, Journey...
Just a few no one has mentioned... Ori and the Blind Forest, Speedrunners, Unravel, Candleman.
stevenjameshyde4 h, 15 m ago

Rocket League, Inside and Bastion for me. With so, so many honourable …Rocket League, Inside and Bastion for me. With so, so many honourable mentions - Guacamelee!, Volume, Thomas Was Alone, Firewatch, Rogue Legacy, Super Meat Boy, Never Alone, Limbo, Brothers: A Tale of Two Suns, Journey...

Definitely Inside. What visual storytelling.
catbeans4 h, 43 m ago

Minecraft (pre microsoft and post) Hotline Miami Nid Hog 1/2no particular …Minecraft (pre microsoft and post) Hotline Miami Nid Hog 1/2no particular order.Honerable mention; Firewatch and Super Hot. All games that have caused shifts or revolutionised the games industry and spawned their own clones (bar Nid Hog and Firewatch).

Minecraft seems so removed from an Indie game these days it's surreal.
dr_spaceman12th Sep 2017

Just a few no one has mentioned... Ori and the Blind Forest, Speedrunners, …Just a few no one has mentioned... Ori and the Blind Forest, Speedrunners, Unravel, Candleman.

Ori is surely a contender for most beautiful Indie.
pazuzu171 h, 46 m ago

Minecraft seems so removed from an Indie game these days it's surreal.

I know but it just go to show how good it truly is to go from where to started to a Microsoft key franchise and one of the biggest games in the world.
Hollow Knight and Axiom Verge are a definite number 1 and 2.

There's then a fair amount of competition for third place, but Ori and the Blind Forest, Invisible, Inc., Mark of the Ninja.and Shovel Knight would all be strong contenders.
pazuzu173 h, 22 m ago

Ori is surely a contender for most beautiful game.

FTFY
I recently played a game called inside on Xbox. Was a fun indie game
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants