Top Cashback - Broadband deals be reused?

Posted 1st Jun 2020
Hi

Anyone who could help would be greatly appreciated.

Past few years I have switched Broadband provider between Sky and currently using BT.

I have done this through TCB and got the "£120 new customer Cashback"

Now my BT contract is coming to an end.

Does anyone know if I can use TCB to go back to Sky? Will I class as a new customer? Or would I likely still be on their system and be a returning customer.

many thanks

J
Community Updates
Ask
12 Comments
Switch should be after 365 days. And use a different email address and bank account, if possible, when you sign up with Sky. If there is someone else in the household who can sign up, even better.
bozo00701/06/2020 11:39

Switch should be after 365 days. And use a different email address and …Switch should be after 365 days. And use a different email address and bank account, if possible, when you sign up with Sky. If there is someone else in the household who can sign up, even better.

Thanks, yes was thinking of using the wife's name / email and card details - it's more just using my TCB again.

I'm confusing myself trying to explain it but the large some of cashback really brings down the cost of the monthly payments.
I normally switch between BT, Sky, PlusNet and NowTV. Just setup a new email address to qualify as a new customer. I have done it twice with Sky and BT and qualified for cash back.

The bank account doesn’t matter as my wife and I have the one joint account.
williemaykit01/06/2020 12:26

I normally switch between BT, Sky, PlusNet and NowTV. Just setup a new …I normally switch between BT, Sky, PlusNet and NowTV. Just setup a new email address to qualify as a new customer. I have done it twice with Sky and BT and qualified for cash back. The bank account doesn’t matter as my wife and I have the one joint account.

That's great thank you - was hoping to hear from someone who had tried and tested!

It's so good, I've probably received about £300 CB so far.. plus a "free" Samsung Tab for keep switching!

Thanks for the info, sounds like it should work.
No worries. I have only had one occasion where cash back didn’t track but that was down to me being indecisive and going through the application process a number of times before finally submitting the form. It was my own fault rather than BT or TCB. Every other time it has worked fine even as a new “returning” customer
Edited by: "williemaykit" 1st Jun
williemaykit01/06/2020 12:26

I normally switch between BT, Sky, PlusNet and NowTV. Just setup a new …I normally switch between BT, Sky, PlusNet and NowTV. Just setup a new email address to qualify as a new customer. I have done it twice with Sky and BT and qualified for cash back. The bank account doesn’t matter as my wife and I have the one joint account.

I have been doing this for the last 5-6 years bouncing the accounts between the wife and myself. I had even got the timing of price increase so that we could switch less than a year into the contract without penalty which made the broadband nearly free after cashback. Unfortunately, price increases up to RPI no longer qualify for contract break.
I usually try to time the contract expiration around Black Friday if possible as there are usually a lot of broadband deals around with decent cash back and/or rewards.

This time around I didn’t bother with cash back as I took up the TalkTalk deal via uSwitch that was posted on HotUKDeals a couple of weeks back. That should take me to Black Friday next year
williemaykit01/06/2020 13:22

I usually try to time the contract expiration around Black Friday if …I usually try to time the contract expiration around Black Friday if possible as there are usually a lot of broadband deals around with decent cash back and/or rewards. This time around I didn’t bother with cash back as I took up the TalkTalk deal via uSwitch that was posted on HotUKDeals a couple of weeks back. That should take me to Black Friday next year

Yes, I mean I really set a bench mark at £25 / £30 pm for Fibre ... I think the first time I done it was black Friday, last contract with BT messed the timing up as it was an 18 month contract to get the best deal.

Problem down in South East I'm limited to Sky or BT... The other providers don't have a great reputation round here for being reliable.

Used uSwitch for my energy! Think I got around £30 CB
If you can get BT/Sky then you be able to access any service that is provisioned by Openreach e.g. TalkTalk, PlusNet, NowTV, etc.

The only providers not to use Openreach that I know of are Virgin Media, Hyper Optic and Community Fibre
I didn’t get my TalkTalk cashback
Mendoza01/06/2020 16:20

I didn’t get my TalkTalk cashback

Did you do the same thing I'm trying to do? Go back as a "new customer" even though you've already been with them?
browning_101/06/2020 16:24

Did you do the same thing I'm trying to do? Go back as a "new customer" …Did you do the same thing I'm trying to do? Go back as a "new customer" even though you've already been with them?

nah it was actually my first purchase through them, it was also the main reason I switched to TalkTalk, that backfired
Post a comment
@
    Text