Groups
    EXPIRED

Top Cashback payment for a £190 eBay transaction

I bought an item on eBay for £190 buy it now on Friday. I went through Top Cashback hoping to earn back "40% of the revenue eBay get from this sale" (as stated on Top Cashbacks website). The transaction hasn't tracked, and before submitting an enquiry, I wanted to know what the likely cashback amount would be (and if its even worth hassling over). Does anyone have any ideas please? Thanks

15 Comments

Banned

8 quid if its a private seller, 3-8 quid if it is a business seller

40% of the final value fee afaik.

Original Poster

Johnrulez;8829325

8 quid if its a private seller, 3-8 quid if it is a business seller

How did you work that out (for future reference!)?

Original Poster

t0mm;8829327

40% of the final value fee afaik.

Cashback payment is based on the revenue eBay get from the sale, not the final value fee! :thumbsup:

AgentSingh;8829367

Cashback payment is based on the revenue eBay get from the sale, not the … Cashback payment is based on the revenue eBay get from the sale, not the final value fee! :thumbsup:

eBay revenue is the final value fee. so as long as private seller its 10% of £190 and then 40% of that. Or just 4% of £190, where 1% is £1.9 x 4

I got £2.34 for a £80 item business seller on a bin, so double this and a bit and i guess it comes to around £5.

if you can, consider waiting a day or two more for it to track, some of my friday transactions in the past have shown on monday/tuesday

Original Poster

Thanks All.

I'll give it a day or two longer and then submit a cashback claim/enquiry.

I BOUGHT A TV OFF EBAY FOR £179.99, I WENT THROUGH QUIDCO AND GOT 1P, I WAS SHOCKED AND WHEN I ENQUIRED ABOUT IT THEY SAID IT WAS CORRECT AND WOULDNT CHASE IT, I HAVE STOPPED USING THEM NOW AS I THINK QUIDCO KEPT MY MONEY,ITS 40% like topcashback.

GRGO140;8831247

I BOUGHT A TV OFF EBAY FOR £179.99, I WENT THROUGH QUIDCO AND GOT 1P, I … I BOUGHT A TV OFF EBAY FOR £179.99, I WENT THROUGH QUIDCO AND GOT 1P, I WAS SHOCKED AND WHEN I ENQUIRED ABOUT IT THEY SAID IT WAS CORRECT AND WOULDNT CHASE IT, I HAVE STOPPED USING THEM NOW AS I THINK QUIDCO KEPT MY MONEY,ITS 40% like topcashback.

I had an eBay £1,500 transaction and it didn't track so I submitted a query and they said they offered me £2.47 - urrrr, yeah right, it was a private seller and way more than that but they weren't having any of it - it was either take the £2.47 or nothing...so I begrudgingly took the £2.47. Still got a bargain with my purchase so can't complain too much.

sickly sweet;8831441

I had an eBay £1,500 transaction and it didn't track so I submitted a … I had an eBay £1,500 transaction and it didn't track so I submitted a query and they said they offered me £2.47 - urrrr, yeah right, it was a private seller and way more than that but they weren't having any of it - it was either take the £2.47 or nothing...so I begrudgingly took the £2.47. Still got a bargain with my purchase so can't complain too much.

was it a car or similar in the classified section though as £2.47 would be about correct for that

grabbit;8831595

was it a car or similar in the classified section though as £2.47 would … was it a car or similar in the classified section though as £2.47 would be about correct for that

Nope, it was an auction in the vouchers and coupons section in the Events tickets section.

sickly sweet;8831663

Nope, it was an auction in the vouchers and coupons section in the Events … Nope, it was an auction in the vouchers and coupons section in the Events tickets section.

It sounds like it was a classified ad though,possibly listed in local services-events,as they don't pay a FVF so your quidco/topcashback would only be based on their listing fee,

or if it was an auction like your saying there's been a mix up and you've only been paid as a classified ad rate

Ebay seems a bit slow to track on any cashback site, mine from last week have only just shown on TCB

Original Poster

deanos;8834189

Ebay seems a bit slow to track on any cashback site, mine from last week … Ebay seems a bit slow to track on any cashback site, mine from last week have only just shown on TCB

I think your right. Mine still hasn't tracked :x
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. The HUKD Student Discount code sharing thread (most codes on Unidays are si…7311389
      2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767509
      3. GIVEAWAY - Clear out of duplicate CD Keys from Humble Bundle I have yet to …55
      4. SNES Classic launches 29th September 2017 - Check for stock and pre-order i…4691428

See more discussions