Unfortunately, this discussion is no longer valid
Expired

Top Fixing Toilet Seat Puzzle

Posted 29th Dec 2019
Does anyone have any smart ideas how to remove this? I have been trying for ages - no obvious buttons, 3376765-0al1R.jpg
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

9 Comments
Does the whole seat not simply lift off when vertical? Usually just click on and off when top fitting

Edit - if there was a chrome cover on the end of the barrel, then make sure both of those are off first. They usually just slide off toward the centre
Edited by: "Diggsy" 29th Dec 2019
Push buttons either side so seat comes off. Stainless steel dish cover lifts off and screw under.
So many different ways they come off. Mine has one centre button. I also have another with button either side that is disguised as silver plate and part of hinge. It's a button though... Open seat to take off though...

Edited by: "wayners" 29th Dec 2019
what about the small oblong moulding that looks like it may house a screw pin? ..do they pop out?
Just had one installed yesterday (i didnt hang around to watch) is yours a lidl one dyu know? Mine was.. if so, can dig out the instruction leaflet for you if needed
I know your pain! Had the entire toilet pulled out trying to find a way to get the seat off! I know how it should be done as I’ve replaced seats on toilet seats before but can’t get the one off my current one which is an Ideal Standard. Certainly can’t be done from underneath so I’m either missing something really obvious or it’s stuck fast.
Trevormal29/12/2019 11:51

I know your pain! Had the entire toilet pulled out trying to find a way …I know your pain! Had the entire toilet pulled out trying to find a way to get the seat off! I know how it should be done as I’ve replaced seats on toilet seats before but can’t get the one off my current one which is an Ideal Standard. Certainly can’t be done from underneath so I’m either missing something really obvious or it’s stuck fast.

Soft close Always have 1 button in centre like mine, or a button on each hinge. Push hinge on outside edge or inside edge. Look for anything that moves as it maybe a release button. Standard seats unscrew from the bottom but soft close seat don't. Silver button in centre in photo. That's not so common but how I get mine off. People think its magic when I get seat off in seconds. They have been trying for years.lol

Like I said. Most buttons are on hinges. Get pushing every way you can
39532081.jpg
39532081.jpg
Edited by: "wayners" 29th Dec 2019
Mine does not have any buttons, it’s removed by taking off the chrome covers on each side (slide them towards the centre) and then the seat simply lifts off (has to be vertical to do so)
Mr_Gus29/12/2019 10:51

what about the small oblong moulding that looks like it may house a screw …what about the small oblong moulding that looks like it may house a screw pin? ..do they pop out?

that was it. I had dismissed those as the ‘hinge’ but, picking them out they are little locking pieces, the seat then slid off sideways.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions