Top Gear Argentina Special

Very drawn out and far more contrived than usual.

65 Comments

I liked the drawn out nature of the special.

I got bored and went on here looking at the latest deals. Won't be watching the 2nd part.

Damn missed it. iPlayer it is.

So, basically, its c R a p!

When was it on?

When is the second part on?

Banned

john2020md

When is the second part on?

Tonight. 2nd part is where it all happens.

I think they are running out of ideas

Banned

Old men playing at being 'hip youths' embarrassing in the extreme.

Time to pull the plug on Top Gear.

Banned

so who is going to watch it just to see if they all get out alive

Banned

toshapetriji

Old men playing at being 'hip youths' embarrassing in the extreme.Time to … Old men playing at being 'hip youths' embarrassing in the extreme.Time to pull the plug on Top Gear.

Err, no. A lot of people like it and because of that it makes the BBC shed loads of money.

An overhaul is due in the next few years though. New presenters, new format etc

Banned

KillFelix

Err, no. A lot of people like it and because of that it makes the BBC … Err, no. A lot of people like it and because of that it makes the BBC shed loads of money.An overhaul is due in the next few years though. New presenters, new format etc

maybe we should put together a hukd team to replace them

i'll be the sarcastic funny one
deeky can be the one who always finds a reason to review a bus
you can be the one who always replaces the number plates if the letters/numbers are incorrect spaced to make a badly spelt word

I bet we'd get terrible new presenters like some tv comedians rather then new people formerly from car related work like racing or car magazines.

KillFelix

An overhaul is due in the next few years though. New presenters, new … An overhaul is due in the next few years though. New presenters, new format etc

James has to go. His 'boring old fart' persona is becoming, well, boring.

Banned

Error440

I bet we'd get terrible new presenters like some tv comedians rather then … I bet we'd get terrible new presenters like some tv comedians rather then new people formerly from car related work like racing or car magazines.

that sounds as boring as the original format of top gear

whatsThePoint

Perfect.

whatsThePoint

Erm, no.

deeky

Clarkson is the same, boring old slightly racist fart.

whatsThePoint

that sounds as boring as the original format of top gear

So you'd rather have people like sue perkins, ben fogle and the rest of the same BBC faces on it then that show up in every show

Banned

Error440

So you'd rather have people like sue perkins, ben fogle and the rest of … So you'd rather have people like sue perkins, ben fogle and the rest of the same BBC faces on it then that show up in every show

they wouldn't be my first choice but they would be better than a car review show that always took itself seriously

Banned

deeky

Speaking from experience Deek? Haha

whatsThePoint

they wouldn't be my first choice but they would be better than a car … they wouldn't be my first choice but they would be better than a car review show that always took itself seriously

why are you assuming if it had noobs on it with knowledge of the subject matter rather then just the celebrity musical chairs the bbc likes to play it would take itself too seriously? Clarkson and May were both journalists and Hammond was a DJ

with that car reg he deserves a slap

Banned

Error440

why are you assuming if it had noobs on it with knowledge of the subject … why are you assuming if it had noobs on it with knowledge of the subject matter rather then just the celebrity musical chairs the bbc likes to play it would take itself too seriously? Clarkson and May were both journalists and Hammond was a DJ

top gear of the past
youtube.com/wat…PGs

They need to keep these down to one hour as anyone who has seen one before will recognise the usual scenes that were employed last night. The most interesting thing is the choice of cars especially with James May not stuck in Captain Sensible mode.

Part 2 will be better, That Lotus is brilliant, I now want one to go off roading in.

thought they revisited a lot of past programmes last night,the cow on the motor,followed by the booby prize motor,dont know that new presenters will be the best thing though.....will miss the cute wee hamster <3.

shazzashops

thought they revisited a lot of past programmes last night,the cow on the … thought they revisited a lot of past programmes last night,the cow on the motor,followed by the booby prize motor,dont know that new presenters will be the best thing though.....will miss the cute wee hamster <3.

thats a good point (well 2 good points) it is for the most part scripted, replace the writers and see if that helps first.

Error440

thats a good point (well 2 good points) it is for the most part scripted, … thats a good point (well 2 good points) it is for the most part scripted, replace the writers and see if that helps first.

Clarkston would cause a fight in an empty house.....but that's his appeal,this next episode has been hyped to high heavens and that's whats gonna make it watchable.replacing the writers would be a good idea,clarkston,may and Hammond do gel.....miss the stig though!

KillFelix

Tonight. 2nd part is where it all happens.

Thanks..

Original Poster

shazzashops

thought they revisited a lot of past programmes last night,the cow on the … thought they revisited a lot of past programmes last night,the cow on the motor,followed by the booby prize motor,dont know that new presenters will be the best thing though.....will miss the cute wee hamster <3.

You mean clarkson's hamster ..

welcome to top gear...

is this your first time?

http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2011/203/1/3/jeremy_clarkson_funny_face_by_lampshacorn-d41a3w8.png

Banned

KillFelix

Err, no. A lot of people like it and because of that it makes the BBC … Err, no. A lot of people like it and because of that it makes the BBC shed loads of money.

How does the BBC make any money?
Edited by: "Villa" 28th Dec 2014

Banned

Villa

Licence fee and selling the rights to shows like Top Gear abroad, amongst a number of other smaller methods.
Edited by: "KillFelix" 28th Dec 2014

Villa

because they have a commercial arm that sells tv shows all over the world and licenses out the things for other countries to make their own versions, sells connected tat like top gear magazine, cbbc magazine etc

Here
bbcworldwide.com/
Edited by: "Error440" 28th Dec 2014

Banned

As long as whoever takes over this show isn't from the cronies from the '8 out of 10 cats' crew who seem to be in practically any programme on TV these days.

Banned

Ah right, I wasn't aware of the commercial side of the BBC before.
I suppose it is logical that they would expect payment for their shows when shown overseas.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/2/20/Allman_Bros_1969.jpg
starter for 10, the connection anyone?

Banned

CookinBat

Wrote the theme tune

CookinBat

youtube.com/wat…yOs

What do I win?

Edit: What does killfelix win?
Edited by: "deeky" 28th Dec 2014
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846134
    2. Pink Balls613
    3. How dangerous is Donald trump?1957
    4. Xbox One X pre order £449.99 @ Game (out 9th Nov)2449

See more discussions