Found 10th Apr 2010
hi, could anyone tell me what happens when you end your subscription to topuptv, and the box, does the box still work?

1. Misc
  2. TV
Groups
  1. Misc
  2. TV
6 Comments

yep it still works, i have a 160gb top up tv Thomson box , used my free month & cancelled it, we still get the freeview & record facility, but obviously no top up tv.

Original Poster

ok thanks, i just found that all the programs i had saved no longer work, does the record / pause tv still work without subscrpition?

yeah they work fine :thumbsup:

Original Poster

thats cool, thanks, im sure i saw a warnig on the screen that you need to have a valid sub to have these features to work. i gotta say i realy dont think top up tv is worth it!

If you're not happy - then cancel. You can do this now by calling 08444 159 159.

If you cancel your Top Up TV service, your existing Top Up TV digibox will still get the Freeview channels, but if you want more TV channels, there are some options:

Satellite TV - For the widest choice of channels, there's Sky Digital. At the moment, they're running a number of offers for new customers - they're currently giving you a free digital set-top box, and will install the box and dish for you, and set the system up, for just £30. Sky also offers their customers free broadband. More at [url]www.sky.com/skycom[/url].

BT Vision: You'll get almost all of the same channels as you get with Top Up TV, but you also get access to loads of online TV shows and movies - far more than with Top Up TV - It's delivered on demand over BT Broadband. More on our BT Vision page or at btvision.bt.com

Cable - If you're in a Cable TV area, you can get a number of extra channels for free if you take out a home phone package, otherwise you can subscribe to a digital TV package for a range of extra channels. Go to [url]www.virginmedia.com[/url] to see if you're able to get cable.

Online TV - You may be able to get extra TV content on your TV over a broadband Internet connection. We covered this in Show #01. Main providers are BT Vision, Virgin Media and TalkTalk TV

Original Poster

thank you very much for help.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19247554
    2. Sony announce £35,000 PlayStation Pro bundle...1217
    3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769184
    4. 5am gym crew20137

See more discussions