top up tv pay as you go

Found 10th May 2009
A friend of mine wants to get a new plasma tv, but not having the money upfront at the moment was considering one of those pay as you watch tvs where they eventually become yours, but i cant think of the name of the company that does it so i can check the cost out, anybody have any ideas or actually use this kind of service, thanks

1. Misc
  2. PAYG
  3. TV
Groups
  1. Misc
  2. PAYG
  3. TV
6 Comments

Brighthouse?

Original Poster

no mate they are a massive rip off they are, i thought there was a service where you keep putting pounds in a box etc when the metre runs out, i just wanted to find the overall cost to see if was cheaper than say getting one out of a catalogue

Banned

radio rentals?

end up paying 3 or 4 times what the item is worth

do they still do them meters ....i remember years ago when i was a kid we had to put 50p in the back of tv and in the leccy meter

i would say getting from the catalogue like grattans, or littlewoods would be cheaper

Don't know if radio rentals or granada still exist,least the shops I know where about here have closed down long ago,maybe same everywhere.
Usually local tv dealers do them,they still do exist,I know of 1 family who pay for their tv this way by coin slot.

I suggest paying for 1 mth by mth from catalogue or local shop or somewhere else with an interest free credit plan,or perhaps buy a 2nd hand 1.

Original Poster

I know you getted ripped a bit but putting a pound in every couple days is convienient for people who are not good at saving, but maybe the catalogue route would be better

buy as you view
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Mobile from China - Fault - Warranty Issue - Repair - Postage - Banggood.co…23
    2. Amazon - No more easy returns?34
    3. NHS discounts22
    4. Can I giveaway film digital codes on here?55

See more discussions