Top with a few stain spots bought from ebay, advice please.

OK, so I bought a top off eBay and it turns out that it has some stains on it in a few seperate places. Not massive, but still there. These weren't mentioned in the auction, just that it was used.
The seller was a bit abrupt when I emailed them and told them, and the seller is stating they said no refunds on the auction. Where do you think I stand?
I have politely asked for a full refund plus the cost of returning the item (recorded of course) which they refuse to do. 'No refunds'.
Is this case for a SNAD with Payal, or even this new eBay refund thing?
I've only ever had one other SNAD before in my 200+ items history and the seller was really helpful so I'm not sure of the process.

21 Comments

Well you can start a dispute. Item not as described.
or just chuck them a neg.

I nearly brought a skirt yesterday yhank heavens they were honest. Cus it was listed good condition with a tear at front and a little hole at back. pmsl

Item number?

Original Poster

I had asked the seller via email before the auction ended about the condition, but no mention of the stain spots. I do understand though that they are not massive so maybe they hadn't moticed them if it's been in a cupboard for a while and they didn't look at the top properly before listing it, but white bleach spots (up to 2cm in size) on a blue top in a number of places is not good.
There was no mention of condition, just 'used' but it looked good in the photo.

Original Poster

Shengis;5489350

Item number?

I realise this would help you to see what I'm talking about but as I haven't started a SNAD and am just communcating via email with the seller at the moment, I don't really want to put the details up here so as to provoke them if they see this then know I'm talking about them.
Would you say that stains which weren't mentioned on the auction page but were on the item constitute SNAD?

start a dispute with paypal but to get the refund you have to return the item at your own cost

what is snad

Original Poster

dmissy13;5489415

start a dispute with paypal but to get the refund you have to return the … start a dispute with paypal but to get the refund you have to return the item at your own cost

Yeah, I have heard this, how rubbish! What about the new eBay complaints thing, the one where you phone a number, is it the same with them?
I'd just rather sort it out amicably and then the seller will also get Final End Fees back, so is in their interest! But I haven't said this as I don't want them to think I'm one of those people who know the system and that I'm trying to blackmail her. One amicably sorted SNAD in 200+ items and a 3 year history on eBay, I guess I've one well so far!

Original Poster

linw;5489423

what is snad

Significantly Not As Described.

sickly sweet;5489413

Would you say that stains which weren't mentioned on the auction page but … Would you say that stains which weren't mentioned on the auction page but were on the item constitute SNAD?

Wouldn't like to say without seeing the listing as we're only getting your side of the story. How much did you pay + p&p?

ebay number is just customer services if you pay with paypal and the seller won't refund they will tell you to make a claim

just do a SNAD don't continue to mess about,the new ebay procedure may give you the money back straight away.

If there was no mention of condition how can it be "not as described" ?

Original Poster

Shengis;5489463

Wouldn't like to say without seeing the listing as we're only getting … Wouldn't like to say without seeing the listing as we're only getting your side of the story. How much did you pay + p&p?

True, but in the listing there were very few written details, which only filled up a line - brand, size, used and 'no refunds' basically. The photo shows the top and the stain-free arm, the other is folded under. I just don't feel comfortble listing the item number, but I do still apreciate your help and advice as to whether you consider stains a reason for SNAD and whether to go through the Paypal claims or the new eBay claims thing I've heard about recently (there was a thread about it on here a week or so ago I think).
Edit: And I paid about £15.

Original Poster

tonyg1962;5489499

If there was no mention of condition how can it be "not as described" ?

Because I would expect someone to list the stains. The condition of one arm does not match that of the other showing in the photo.

sickly sweet;5489542

True, but in the listing there were very few written details, which only … True, but in the listing there were very few written details, which only filled up a line - brand, size, used and 'no refunds' basically. The photo shows the top and the stain-free arm, the other is folded under. I just don't feel comfortble listing the item number, but I do still apreciate your help and advice as to whether you consider stains a reason for SNAD and whether to go through the Paypal claims or the new eBay claims thing I've heard about recently (there was a thread about it on here a week or so ago I think).Edit: And I paid about £15.

NO refunds means nothing

the thread you are referring to was mine
hotukdeals.com/ite…267

Original Poster

boothy;5489594

NO refunds means nothingthe thread you are referring to was … NO refunds means nothingthe thread you are referring to was minehttp://www.hotukdeals.com/item/418742/new-ebay-dispute-resolution-process/?p=5446267#post5446267

Thanks. I will start the Paypal dispute, the seller is being less than helpful and says to go to Paypal.
What a pain in the bum.

If they purposely hid the stained part of the item and just showed the ok part then that to me says that they were hiding something in the auction, so I would get a dispute started or contact eBay as per Boothy's thread.

If I was going to list something for sale and it was damaged I'd either state the damage or provide photographic evidence. I'd leave them negative feedback too for refusing the refund.

does sound like they hid it in photo dun it?

Banned

give it a wash, remember you will have to return the top at a cost to yourself

If you open a SNAD claim and the seller doesn't respond to it within 10 days you get you money back anyway. I have one ongoing myself at the moment, just leave negative feedback (justified) and follow up any comments they make it after it

Banned

ewww. we all know what stains they are!!
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …4832298
    2. Are these two things distinctly different to you?36199
    3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764697
    4. TEKKEN goes mobile (iOS/Andorid)616

See more discussions