Groups

Topcashback and Plusnet

About a month I took advantage of the mobile offer from plus net @ £10pm

Offered from tcb was showing as £12 on each new deal taken

I took out 3 deals , first of all they didn't track so raised a claim which then showed on my tcb account

It stated I had to have the contract for 30 days before they submit any claim

Today I get this message on all 3 accounts ..........

Hi there,

After looking into your claim further for you, I am sorry to tell you that your claim has been declined as the network has not identified ourselves as the last referral to the merchant’s site and this transaction.

As I am sure you can appreciate, if we have not been identified as the last referral, the merchant does not pay the cashback to ourselves so we are unable to pass this back onto you. Unfortunately, as this is the nature of cashback, we cannot guarantee that you will always be successful in retrieving your cashback, although we do strive to recover as many as the missing claims as we can.

Please be assured that we have tried our hardest to recover your expected cashback for this claim by exploring all channels with no success.

I am very sorry that we were unable to claim your expected cashback for you on this occasion and we are as disappointed as you on this decision.

I hope future transactions run smoothly for you in the future.

Best Wishes,

Sam

So no cash back again from tcb

Not the first time I've been declined

Last few were for car insurance

Anyone else having issues

I cleared cookies and opened a fresh browser btw

5 Comments

I always use an incognito window in chrome, make sure I go to the URL of topcashback not through a search engine and have no problems

We did a Plusnet Fibre Broadband TopCashback deal a year ago as we were moving away from BeThere/O2 Broadband. The order tracked fine in TopCashback, but then Plusnet mucked up the broadband reconnection (we were without internet for weeks) due to technical problems which eventually meant they had to get an OpenReach engineer out who eventually fixed it (we were connected to the wrong junction box at the end of our road? - Something like that).

Anyway, amongst all the chaos, for some reason, Plusnet decided to cancel the order and re-create it, this obviously voided the Cashback in the process.

No idea why they did it, we definitely did not ask them to do it.

Something stinks.

Edited by: "aLtikal" 8th Mar

Seems to be a bit of a trend - Maybe report them to TCB, if you can.

aLtikal

Anyway, amongst all the chaos, for some reason, Plusnet decided to cancel … Anyway, amongst all the chaos, for some reason, Plusnet decided to cancel the order and re-create it, this obviously voided the Cashback in the process.No idea why they did it, we definitely did not ask them to do it.Something stinks.

Raise a complaint with Plusnet, If their system broke the order, It's hardly your fault, why should you be out of pocket ?

PKRichie

Raise a complaint with Plusnet, If their system broke the order, It's … Raise a complaint with Plusnet, If their system broke the order, It's hardly your fault, why should you be out of pocket ?

I completely agree, but the broken internet saga took so long to fix, and we'd spent so many hours on diagnosing, call waiting, and writing to Plusnet. We also didn't realise for a long time until afterwards. The additional step of having to go through the missing cashback claim (that would most likely yield nothing), was just not worth the time as we were glad to see the back of it.

Missing Cashback claims have a poor record of being successfully tracked as far as I know. So we just cut out losses to be honest
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Decent hoover66
      2. Hard drive 'died'(?), what can I do? (for computer wizards please!)46
      3. Job Centre sending text to confirm appointment66
      4. Iptv814

See more discussions