Groups

Topcashback buttons

Hi guys

I have just placed an order for BT broadband through topcashback.co.uk. They are doing a very good deal at the moment, by the way. After completing the transaction, I noticed the actual package name does not really match the name of the button. And there actually was a button for the package I have purchased. I'd like to ask if anyone has had any similar experiences with these buttons and how it went at the end.

Well, here is what happened, in more detail. I wanted faster fibre broadband, and I don't really use the landline phone at home. So at the BT Broadband page on topcashback, I clicked the button "New Customer Broadband Only" for £100 cashback. When I was transferred to BT, I just went through the process and placed my order. Then in the confirmation email I received, it say I have ordered for "Broadband and Calls", though the price was still the same. I was a bit confused so went back to BT to check the packages. It turned out all their broadband packages include free weekend calls. So there was no way to order a "Broadband only" package... Also, I found another button on the same TCB page for "New Customer BT Broadband + Calls" which offers £121 cashback. As I have noticed the links behind those buttons are slightly different, I am a bit concerned if the order can still be tracked by TCB. If it can be tracked, will I get £100 for the button I clicked, or £121 for the actual package I have purchased?

I also suspect the "Broadband + calls" button is for orders with additional phone packages on top of the standard free weekend calls, and "Broadband Only" is for broadband with free weekend calls, but I couldn't find an explanation anywhere...

This happened an hour ago, and has passed the average tracking time. I have not yet received any tracking confirmation from TCB, though I understand it may take a bit longer occasionally.

Please reply if you know anything about these stuff. Any help is appreciated.

4 Comments

it will auto correct if not a claim

Original Poster

kevlfc

it will auto correct if not a claim

Thanks man! TCB got back to me saying as long as it is the same merchant, it should track the transaction. And after a couple hours, the transaction was tracked at £121.

All BT broadband packages include unlimited weekend calls to UK landlines, so on your bill/orders it shows as broadband and calls.

Original Poster

PKRichie

All BT broadband packages include unlimited weekend calls to UK … All BT broadband packages include unlimited weekend calls to UK landlines, so on your bill/orders it shows as broadband and calls.

That means there is no Broadband Only packages available... wondering why TCB has that button lol*
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Win a luxury eight-night break for two in Malaysia with Ushvani Spa and Tra…77
      2. mail on sunday comp - win a £3,000 thomas cook gift e-card33
      3. DICKINSONS REAL DEAL £25,000 COMPETITION22
      4. Win a Free minion usb stick1111

See more discussions