Topcashback "Confirmed" cashback taking forever to reach payable?

Posted 3rd Mar
Has anyone noticed on their accounts that 'confirmed cashback' has been stuck for a while? Longer than usual. Thought it was just me but then my friend just asked me the same thing.
Community Updates

Groups

24 Comments
Had a number like that...then denied. Dont trust them anymore!
colinged03/03/2020 21:05

Had a number like that...then denied. Dont trust them anymore!

Declined after being "Confirmed"?
I've got a few that are waiting on ice and been confirmed … over £200 not ready yet

just totted it up … I have £234 waiting to be made payable!
Edited by: "arcangel111" 3rd Mar
I ordered from Dunelm on Saturday and my cash back was payable earlier today
It took them 2 years to pay up £20 for referring a friend ,even though it was confirmed after a couple of weeks.
guru40403/03/2020 21:06

Declined after being "Confirmed"?

Mobiles.co.uk was, Barclaycard wasnt tracked, mytyres declined before that. I went to topcashback from quidco and thought TC were good but they have definitely gone downhill.
The progression through each stage towards payable is entirely down to the merchant, so can be very variable.
same here. last 5 month they are not paying small cashbacks. looks like a bankruptcy comming on the way.
sweto03/03/2020 21:24

same here. last 5 month they are not paying small cashbacks. looks like a …same here. last 5 month they are not paying small cashbacks. looks like a bankruptcy comming on the way.

Yep. However I have been with them a few years and once something has reached confirmed, it normally clears pretty quickly to payable. I also tend to order from only a handful of retailers, so going by past experiences with them.
Only yesterday emailed them about Agoda stuck on "Confirmed" for months for a purchase about a year ago... Wouldn't be that bothered, but it's £60 I'm due..
Deleted the app they make up there own rules.
Owed about £300 from Hotels.com, been confirmed for about a month now.
Same here, some transactions take ages to get paid even after they are confirmed. It is getting worse for sure.
Have the same thing. Bought travel insurance for £600 with 32% cashback. Tracked, confirmed and then paid 0?
They have no idea why and have asked the company. That was over a month ago.

On the surface it seems that any company on there could offer 100% cashback to get the business, not pay it and TC just accept that with no questions asked.
There was a cockup last month where some cashback payouts were wrongly marked as payable and have now reverted to confirmed - I received this:

Unfortunately we noticed that recently our system updated some transactions to be payable, long before we have been paid by the retailer (in fact, a lot of these were still pending and hence could be returned by members or may not be eligible for cashback).
As we pass over 100% of the cashback to you, our business model means that we have to wait for our retailers to pass the cashback over to us before we can make transactions payable in your account.
As you had requested a payment which included one of these affected transactions, we have had to cancel your recent payment request which has moved the transaction back to it's original status.
i was waiting for ages for a sky payment which was stuck on confirmed, i raised one of those ticket things and later that day it was payable! maybe contact them?
pompadoms03/03/2020 22:14

Owed about £300 from Hotels.com, been confirmed for about a month now.

Have you had the hotel stay yet? Not sure if you know but hotel cashback doesn't normally pay out until you've had the stay.
deleted8085804/03/2020 08:30

Have you had the hotel stay yet? Not sure if you know but hotel cashback …Have you had the hotel stay yet? Not sure if you know but hotel cashback doesn't normally pay out until you've had the stay.

Yes, changed to confirmed back in January when I came back. Nothing since
steve122104/03/2020 06:14

Have the same thing. Bought travel insurance for £600 with 32% cashback. …Have the same thing. Bought travel insurance for £600 with 32% cashback. Tracked, confirmed and then paid 0?They have no idea why and have asked the company. That was over a month ago.On the surface it seems that any company on there could offer 100% cashback to get the business, not pay it and TC just accept that with no questions asked.

They did that to me, I was told I got a quote not the policy, despite providing them with policy details etc. They refuse to provide any evidence the company has declined it so hard to see that they’re not scammers when it suits them.
choccie3204/03/2020 09:21

They did that to me, I was told I got a quote not the policy, despite …They did that to me, I was told I got a quote not the policy, despite providing them with policy details etc. They refuse to provide any evidence the company has declined it so hard to see that they’re not scammers when it suits them.

Their lack of transparency is not really acceptable in this day and age. But as long as people continue to use them and accept it nothing will change...
choccie3204/03/2020 09:21

They did that to me, I was told I got a quote not the policy, despite …They did that to me, I was told I got a quote not the policy, despite providing them with policy details etc. They refuse to provide any evidence the company has declined it so hard to see that they’re not scammers when it suits them.

What exactly would you expect to be available by way of "proof"? At best your transaction may be a line item within a much larger report, which will be full of information that it wouldn't be appropriate to share outside of the organisation.
Illusionary04/03/2020 19:09

What exactly would you expect to be available by way of "proof"? At best …What exactly would you expect to be available by way of "proof"? At best your transaction may be a line item within a much larger report, which will be full of information that it wouldn't be appropriate to share outside of the organisation.

ANYTHING from the merchant that shows denial. They cannot show ANYTHING. Not even a list (others blacked out) that shows refusal. I can’t make the word anything any more obvious here
choccie3204/03/2020 19:40

ANYTHING from the merchant that shows denial. They cannot show ANYTHING. …ANYTHING from the merchant that shows denial. They cannot show ANYTHING. Not even a list (others blacked out) that shows refusal. I can’t make the word anything any more obvious here

Do you know of any other businesses that share internal reports with customers on demand?
shelliebish04/03/2020 06:58

There was a cockup last month where some cashback payouts were wrongly …There was a cockup last month where some cashback payouts were wrongly marked as payable and have now reverted to confirmed - I received this:Unfortunately we noticed that recently our system updated some transactions to be payable, long before we have been paid by the retailer (in fact, a lot of these were still pending and hence could be returned by members or may not be eligible for cashback).As we pass over 100% of the cashback to you, our business model means that we have to wait for our retailers to pass the cashback over to us before we can make transactions payable in your account.As you had requested a payment which included one of these affected transactions, we have had to cancel your recent payment request which has moved the transaction back to it's original status.

It may be something to do with this. Somebody may have tinkered with the code, or added a second level of verification code before a transaction completed to payable.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Discussions

Top Merchants