Posted 21st Dec 2021
TCB are continuously declining cashback for many retailers with fabricated excuses and I believe this is an ongoing concern whereby TCB may be pocketing the commission themselves.

You follow the rules to a tee, yet the types of excuses and reasons you get from TCB are along the lines of:

"Unfortunately, it seems as though they have taken the decision to decline your claim as we have not been identified as the last channel to your sale."

and others such as:

"The reason that we have received to support this decision states:
'Order ID invalid'

We are sorry that we have not been able to recover anything for you on this occasion. If you have another order/account reference you would like us to submit for review, please let us know.

Despite providing the only Order ID, TCB expect customers to somehow come up with other Order IDs knowing full well, the order ID is the only thing a customer can provide.

This has gone on long enough and i wanted to see whether others of the same opinion.

If any members have experienced similar acts of declined cashback, then please post here. I really feel TCB should be held to account on their business practices.
Community Updates
Ask
New Comment
Top comments
I never bother with tcb nothing tracks ever for me and even if it dose they never pay out..
40 Comments
  1. Avatar
    i have been very lucky as i haven't had many declined cashbacks.
  2. Avatar
    I never bother with tcb nothing tracks ever for me and even if it dose they never pay out..
  3. Avatar
    "TSB are continuously declining cashback for many retailers with fabricated excuses and I believe this is an ongoing concern whereby TCB may be pocketing the commission themselves."

TSB as in the bank?
  4. Avatar
    I’ve asked them to prove many times the retailer declined with the belief they keep it since it’s usually my big ones that get declined. They won’t provide any and hide behind privacy etc, I’m not asking for the details of other users, just mine.
    Their get out is it states cash back is not guaranteed
  5. Avatar
    I stopped using them a while ago. Was a few times where cash back was declined for similar reasons above, even though you do everything right and follow it all correctly.
  6. Avatar
    Don't think I've ever had a problem, nothing major I can think of.
  7. Avatar
    Out of say ten purchases I've only had one decline even though I know I clicked through correctly. My issue is my purchases not tracking and having to manually put a claim in each time then waiting months on end for a few pennies. I prefer to find a discount code instead of using tcb, not really worth the time and hassle for me.
  8. Avatar
    choccie3221/12/2021 18:19

I’ve asked them to prove many times the retailer declined with the belief t …I’ve asked them to prove many times the retailer declined with the belief they keep it since it’s usually my big ones that get declined. They won’t provide any and hide behind privacy etc, I’m not asking for the details of other users, just mine. Their get out is it states cash back is not guaranteed

I bought something from moneysupermarket at the end of August. I think the cashback amount was £35 and they paid it in either October or November. It's possible that the retailers are making up reasons and keeping the money?
  9. Avatar
    I have to say I am finding the opposite - I logged 5 purchases which didnt track. Every single one has been approved within about 12 weeks and one even went to paid within 4 hours.

If they are not tracking then, especially repeatedly, you need to be looking at why. Are you using a browser like Brave which automatically blocks cookies for example.
  10. Avatar
    Topcashback discussions are always the same now: many complaints it doesn't track, when it does track often is declined. Then there are the ever increasing occurrences of fiascos where topcashback reps disappear as soon as the deal goes quiet: ASOS , Bingoport , Experian ...

I've been sorted for every one of my issues now, but it took many many messages, opening of claims, opening of support tickets (wth!), and lots of waiting.

It's funny none of my 17p transactions ever have tracking or payout problems. Same computer, same vanilla browser.
    Edited by: "Sqsq" 21st Dec 2021
  11. Avatar
    Author
    Yes, i;m aware of the usual tracking, cookies, different browser etc.

The pattern i see is that transactions with larger amounts such as insurance cashback are the ones they are declining, little ones like ebay are fine.

The manual claim in the first instance takes months, then they decline with the daftest of reasons with no interest in following up.
  12. Avatar
    As phones, Web browsers and operating systems get smarter you will find this exact thing. The fact that 1000's of others cashback tracks fine It's certainly 99.99% going to be your end. That firewall you use for IPTV or something else you forgot you installed. Hey maybe even meta claimed your tracking ID.
    My Samsung never confirmed a single transaction on Quidco yet works fine on TCB.
    I use Quidco now with my laptop instead and guess what 99.99% tracked fine and I've probably had £200 this year.
    Ultimately if it doesn't work for you move on to another cashback provider or try a different device.
  13. Avatar
    I rarely have problems with TCB
  14. Avatar
    Author
    Dawsy21/12/2021 19:58

As phones, Web browsers and operating systems get smarter you will find …As phones, Web browsers and operating systems get smarter you will find this exact thing. The fact that 1000's of others cashback tracks fine It's certainly 99.99% going to be your end. That firewall you use for IPTV or something else you forgot you installed. Hey maybe even meta claimed your tracking ID. My Samsung never confirmed a single transaction on Quidco yet works fine on TCB. I use Quidco now with my laptop instead and guess what 99.99% tracked fine and I've probably had £200 this year. Ultimately if it doesn't work for you move on to another cashback provider or try a different device.

Did you not read what i said? Smaller feeble amounts track ok, larger amounts simply get declined or require manual claims which end up declined with nonsensical reasons... This all point at a TCB issue, not a user browser issue. They bagging the cashback for themselves?
  15. Avatar
    I had the same problem with TCB - smaller items seemed to track no problem but when it came to a £40 cash back ,I had to go at them constantly , tickets etc ...finally after 15 months they paid me out but it was very frustrating. I wouldn't recommend anyone use for bigger payouts incase they get same problem.
  16. Avatar
    milkshake2221/12/2021 18:07

I never bother with tcb nothing tracks ever for me and even if it dose …I never bother with tcb nothing tracks ever for me and even if it dose they never pay out..

Been like that for like two years for me maybe more. I dont really bother anymore
  17. Avatar
    I have never had a problem with them with little amounts or larger. Only one I did have and it was my fault was with car insurance . I was due for £30 cashback but because I'd used the £10 Halfords gift card which was offered by the insurer it made the tcb null and void.
    Very sneaky but I've had almost £1500 over the years and generally everything tracks.....unless it's my fault
  18. Avatar
    Just had my Gocompare £32 cashback declined even though purchase had tracked. I hope they put this right! Not happy
  19. Avatar
    GenuWhine21/12/2021 20:46

Did you not read what i said? Smaller feeble amounts track ok, larger …Did you not read what i said? Smaller feeble amounts track ok, larger amounts simply get declined or require manual claims which end up declined with nonsensical reasons... This all point at a TCB issue, not a user browser issue. They bagging the cashback for themselves?

I had this experience a few years ago, where anything less than £10 cashback paid out fine, but anything more declined or failed to track. I chased every single one down, not taking "No" for an answer, and eventually got paid for them all.

They seem to have improved tracking and reliability since then.
  20. Avatar
    Very seldom use tcb now. Same reason, lots of transactions not tracked. Ive started using british airways avios points. Collecting them for upgrades .
  21. Avatar
    Sqsq21/12/2021 19:28

Topcashback discussions are always the same now: many complaints it …Topcashback discussions are always the same now: many complaints it doesn't track, when it does track often is declined. Then there are the ever increasing occurrences of fiascos where topcashback reps disappear as soon as the deal goes quiet: ASOS , Bingoport , Experian ...I've been sorted for every one of my issues now, but it took many many messages, opening of claims, opening of support tickets (wth!), and lots of waiting.It's funny none of my 17p transactions ever have tracking or payout problems. Same computer, same vanilla browser..

Heya,

There are many ways we look out for problems, including feedback on forums like this one, but ultimately also with a proactive team who are analyzing what's going on with the website as well. A good example of this is Asos, while indeed people raised it on the thread here and some raised claims and support tickets, ultimately this was resolved for every member affected. A large number of members took part in that deal and have been sorted out, with no need to reach out.

Our aim ultimately, is to provide a smooth user experience regardless of whether issues are raised publicly or not.

No case is ever the same when it comes to cashback and so each matter may be handled differently, but with the same core aim - to resolve things fairly.

Where we can, we will get involved with posts to keep our members updated, similarly when issues are concluded, our focus will then move onto something else.

It's great to hear none of your 17p purchases ever encounter issues, I don't feel it fair to suggest it's funny or strange bad experiences for you only happen with larger rates of cashback. Ultimately whether it's 1p or £100 they go through the same checks and we'll pay out the cashback as long as we're paid it.

I hope you have a lovely Christmas.

Best wishes,
    Matt
  22. Avatar
    Heya @GenuWhine ,

I am sorry to hear of some negative experiences recently while using our site. Firstly, I wanted to provide assurance that should cashback ever be declined it’s not because we wanted to make 'a quick buck'. Quite the opposite, it’s bad for us both from a customer and business perspective.

When a purchase is declined, we not only have a member frustrated with their experience it’s also bad for us as that damages the wider performance we have with that retailer.

We proactively monitor the amount of declines we get, as well as proactively monitor other things such as the rates tracking on our site as we know how important it is to give all our members a positive experience as possible.

At the same time, It would be wrong to pretend otherwise, the money that we pass to you is a commission payment and so it’s critical we’re paid that to pay you. Something we make as clear as we can on site. This means just like it would be unfair on our members to see something declined when it shouldn’t be, it would be unfair on the retailers to expect them to pay both the site that was seen to refer the purchase, as well as us because of us having that publicly available rate we pay you as cashback.

The key I feel, is to help members with untracked or declined cashback to avoid it from happening so rarely come into issues. It’s not something I’m just saying as company rep, it’s good to see a few comments on this thread saying they do have an ok experience.

If you haven’t spoken to the team already about the invalid order id response, please do as we may be able get some more clarity on that for you if we can. It could be that all eligible orders we’ve seen to refer have been checked and this order cannot be found, meaning another way of telling us we’re not the referrer of the purchase.

I understand it’s not the most user friendly way of explaining that in a claim and while we want to provide you with the exact response we’ve been told by the network, we are thinking about how this can be made clearer as ultimately with it being negative news, we want to help you prevent that from happening.

If you do have any questions at all, please do pop me over a DM

Best wishes,
    Matt
    Edited by: "TopCashbackRep" 22nd Dec 2021
  23. Avatar
    ive had the same and the reps just say if a retailer declines then tough they have no power, its getting worse certainly
  24. Avatar
    cache22/12/2021 11:53

ive had the same and the reps just say if a retailer declines then tough …ive had the same and the reps just say if a retailer declines then tough they have no power, its getting worse certainly

i wonder if retailers are becoming more unreliable because of covid impact on their profits? i haven't had any issues myself so haven't noticed the reliability decline myself at the moment.
  25. Avatar
    mutley122/12/2021 12:06

i wonder if retailers are becoming more unreliable because of covid impact …i wonder if retailers are becoming more unreliable because of covid impact on their profits? i haven't had any issues myself so haven't noticed the reliability decline myself at the moment.

ive still tracked plenty but sometimes they just say no, even if i didnt use a code or whatever, its just a tough bananas scenario a few more times than normal
  26. Avatar
    cache22/12/2021 12:14

ive still tracked plenty but sometimes they just say no, even if i didnt …ive still tracked plenty but sometimes they just say no, even if i didnt use a code or whatever, its just a tough bananas scenario a few more times than normal

Do you find this is the specific retailer or will one coughs up, but then suddenly stops to do so every so often? For me, it is the specific retailer that is unreliable rather than all of them.

Superdrug is a notorious one, for example.
  27. Avatar
    mutley122/12/2021 12:20

Do you find this is the specific retailer or will one coughs up, but then …Do you find this is the specific retailer or will one coughs up, but then suddenly stops to do so every so often? For me, it is the specific retailer that is unreliable rather than all of them.Superdrug is a notorious one, for example.

for me dunelm twice, although they did give me a token gesture of goodwill as i had to go out and buy my own screws and bore some of my own holes for garden furniture that was delivered with poor QC, i guess thats why they didnt give me any cashback, although this was handled by their complaints team, i paid full price.

sportshoe was another and jojo maman bebe
  28. Avatar
    Author
    TopCashbackRep22/12/2021 11:50

Heya @GenuWhine , I am sorry to hear of some negative experiences …Heya @GenuWhine , I am sorry to hear of some negative experiences recently while using our site. Firstly, I wanted to provide assurance that should cashback ever be declined it’s not because we wanted to make 'a quick buck'. Quite the opposite, it’s bad for us both from a customer and business perspective. When a purchase is declined, we not only have a member frustrated with their experience it’s also bad for us as that damages the wider performance we have with that retailer. We proactively monitor the amount of declines we get, as well as proactively monitor other things such as the rates tracking on our site as we know how important it is to give all our members a positive experience as possible. At the same time, It would be wrong to pretend otherwise, the money that we pass to you is a commission payment and so it’s critical we’re paid that to pay you. Something we make as clear as we can on site. This means just like it would be unfair on our members to see something declined when it shouldn’t be, it would be unfair on the retailers to expect them to pay both the site that was seen to refer the purchase, as well as us because of us having that publicly available rate we pay you as cashback. The key I feel, is to help members with untracked or declined cashback to avoid it from happening so rarely come into issues. It’s not something I’m just saying as company rep, it’s good to see a few comments on this thread saying they do have an ok experience. If you haven’t spoken to the team already about the invalid order id response, please do as we may be able get some more clarity on that for you if we can. It could be that all eligible orders we’ve seen to refer have been checked and this order cannot be found, meaning another way of telling us we’re not the referrer of the purchase. I understand it’s not the most user friendly way of explaining that in a claim and while we want to provide you with the exact response we’ve been told by the network, we are thinking about how this can be made clearer as ultimately with it being negative news, we want to help you prevent that from happening. If you do have any questions at all, please do pop me over a DM Best wishes,Matt

This is your standard cut and paste statement, there is ZERO sentiment in this what so ever Matt, you've used the same garb over and over again with replying to other threads.

There is no saving face over this, you know full well that there is a pattern to why larger sums are declined for customers...

If you know that merchants that decline a transaction and give no evidence to backup their decision to decline the transaction, then why do TCB continue to USE them? Its because it still brings in the cheddar for TCB, so you don't give a stuff about the customer. If TCB were honourable, you would only use merchants that provide full transparency and not hide behind a wall of "oh well they said it's declined"

If I take a car from an MOT and it fails, i want to know why with evidence, with TCB its like you saying "it's failed", but providing no valid reason at all or any interest from TCB to investigate it further.

I have raised both my recent encounters with TCB support, there is no interest to resolve them from your side, so it's only fit an proper that others are warned of TCB practices and your non-existent customer support.
  29. Avatar
    GenuWhine22/12/2021 15:48

This is your standard cut and paste statement, there is ZERO sentiment in …This is your standard cut and paste statement, there is ZERO sentiment in this what so ever Matt, you've used the same garb over and over again with replying to other threads.There is no saving face over this, you know full well that there is a pattern to why larger sums are declined for customers...If you know that merchants that decline a transaction and give no evidence to backup their decision to decline the transaction, then why do TCB continue to USE them? Its because it still brings in the cheddar for TCB, so you don't give a stuff about the customer. If TCB were honourable, you would only use merchants that provide full transparency and not hide behind a wall of "oh well they said it's declined"If I take a car from an MOT and it fails, i want to know why with evidence, with TCB its like you saying "it's failed", but providing no valid reason at all or any interest from TCB to investigate it further. I have raised both my recent encounters with TCB support, there is no interest to resolve them from your side, so it's only fit an proper that others are warned of TCB practices and your non-existent customer support.

I do feel that's a little unfair to say. While indeed when it comes to declined cashback I will say similar things, that's because ultimately any unpaid cashback is normally down to one cause.

The information I've shared with you and others on this thread ultimately comes from my experience working for TopCashback and my personal experiences using the site. I see points from both perspectives, as a member of the company but also as someone who uses the site.

In answer to your question about if we know a retailer is bad, why do we display them? Ultimately, if a retailer has no intentions of playing fair they get removed. I'm not just saying that though, to demonstrate that point there was a cashback rate that was displayed on this site (posted on 2nd Jan 2015) where that action was taken. We not only removed the retailer, we paid a substantial portion of the expected cashback ourselves.

It's important to stress the differences however, between retailers who do that and retailers who decline transactions because we're not eligible for the commission. We are given reasons for the decline and we provide this to you, we just can't say in the case of the last referrer who it was as that information is not shared with us. I'm sure our competitors wouldn't appreciate that information being shared with us either and by competitors I don't exclusively mean cashback sites - there are many different sites who earn commission.

Does that mean that reason of not last referrer can be used an excuse? Definitely not, decline rates are carefully monitored.

Best wishes,
    Matt
  30. Avatar
    It's generally worked well for me, I've had some declined but when it's a few pence I've not bothered making a fuss.

Interestingly though, I have just had Currys decline cashback from September, but when I went to log a claim it appears I cannot make one as it is over 90 days - double-checked and it took Currys over 90 days to decline it !

Never been a big fan of Currys, try to shop elsewhere when I can, now will avoid them that little bit more.
  31. Avatar
    Roy_Fisher30/12/2021 13:15

It's generally worked well for me, I've had some declined but when it's a …It's generally worked well for me, I've had some declined but when it's a few pence I've not bothered making a fuss. Interestingly though, I have just had Currys decline cashback from September, but when I went to log a claim it appears I cannot make one as it is over 90 days - double-checked and it took Currys over 90 days to decline it !Never been a big fan of Currys, try to shop elsewhere when I can, now will avoid them that little bit more.

Since I installed uBlock in Chrome, I realised that using the Search function on Currys website often adds tracking cookies (which could replace the TCB ones and ruin your chances of cashback). I've just opened Currys and searched for "ipad" and got this warning that it's going through an affiliate site for absolutely no reason at all. As ridiculous as it sounds, since I stopped searching and started browsing to the items I wanted via the categories, despite it taking ages to do this, all of the cashback has been paying out. And make sure to clear your cookies to get rid of any of this leftover nonsense

46571411-Nh0ZZ.jpg
    Edited by: "lyesbkz" 30th Dec 2021
  32. Avatar
    lyesbkz30/12/2021 13:23

Since I installed uBlock in Chrome, I realised that using the Search …Since I installed uBlock in Chrome, I realised that using the Search function on Currys website often adds tracking cookies (which could replace the TCB ones and ruin your chances of cashback). I've just opened Currys and searched for "ipad" and got this warning that it's going through an affiliate site for absolutely no reason at all. As ridiculous as it sounds, since I stopped searching and started browsing to the items I wanted via the categories, despite it taking ages to do this, all of the cashback has been paying out. And make sure to clear your cookies to get rid of any of this leftover nonsense[Image]

Actually, maybe this is something @TopCashbackRep could look into? It seems a bit unfair from Currys if this is really what is happening here. I don't understand why searching for a product on their own website goes through tracking servers
  33. Avatar
    lyesbkz30/12/2021 13:23

Since I installed uBlock in Chrome, I realised that using the Search …Since I installed uBlock in Chrome, I realised that using the Search function on Currys website often adds tracking cookies (which could replace the TCB ones and ruin your chances of cashback). I've just opened Currys and searched for "ipad" and got this warning that it's going through an affiliate site for absolutely no reason at all. As ridiculous as it sounds, since I stopped searching and started browsing to the items I wanted via the categories, despite it taking ages to do this, all of the cashback has been paying out. And make sure to clear your cookies to get rid of any of this leftover nonsense[Image]

I disable adblocking etc when using TCB as I suspected it was the cause of failures early on in my TCB membership. Thanks for the info though
  34. Avatar
    Roy_Fisher30/12/2021 13:51

I disable adblocking etc when using TCB as I suspected it was the cause of …I disable adblocking etc when using TCB as I suspected it was the cause of failures early on in my TCB membership. Thanks for the info though

Yeah, I do too whenever I'm making purchases

What I'm saying here is that, when you search for something on Currys, it seems to redirect you through a few tracking websites and then back to Currys without you ever realising - and that appears to have caused some of my cashback to decline. Ad blocking was a happy accident that made me realise that this was the case, as it warns whenever I'm being sent through trackers and I'd never have known otherwise.

So I'm worried that people who click from TCB onto Currys (not using ad blockers) and then search for something on Currys are possibly having their tracking cookies replaced by these strange ones without realising, and it could lead to having cashback declined? Hopefully TCB can test this. It seems to affect specific searches for popular product names, like ipad, iphone, echo etc.
    Edited by: "lyesbkz" 30th Dec 2021
  35. Avatar
    lyesbkz30/12/2021 14:09

Yeah, I do too whenever I'm making purchases What I'm saying here is …Yeah, I do too whenever I'm making purchases What I'm saying here is that, when you search for something on Currys, it seems to redirect you through a few tracking websites and then back to Currys without you ever realising - and that appears to have caused some of my cashback to decline. Ad blocking was a happy accident that made me realise that this was the case, as it warns whenever I'm being sent through trackers and I'd never have known otherwise.So I'm worried that people who click from TCB onto Currys (not using ad blockers) and then search for something on Currys are possibly having their tracking cookies replaced by these strange ones without realising, and it could lead to having cashback declined? Hopefully TCB can test this. It seems to affect specific searches for popular product names, like ipad, iphone, echo etc.

Sorry, read it wrong first time and thought it was local adblocking you meant.
    It's a good point and also annoying that the site sends out info to (trusted?) third parties
  36. Avatar
    Shambles of a company in the last few years, constantly rejected cashbacks and then also mixing up order numbers so they hope you give up!! Do believe the commission tracker system needs to be able to prove who got the commission,instead of saying it's a data security issue!!
    Easy for companies like tcb Quidco et Al,to receive monies for most of the failed claims,and Pretend it didn't pay!!
  37. Avatar
    Yeh I've been having this same issue maybe 6 or 7 claims declined all deliveroo same excuse they can't determine i clicked through and can't validate it with the order number? Waste of time really..
  38. Avatar
    I have about 1 in 5 Sainsbury's orders track, tried on PC and phones, same browser, new tab, new session, clear cookies etc
    However all the cheaper tcb track on the same devices.
    Not very reliable.
  39. Avatar
    Roy_Fisher02/02/2022 07:19

I have about 1 in 5 Sainsbury's orders track, tried on PC and phones, same …I have about 1 in 5 Sainsbury's orders track, tried on PC and phones, same browser, new tab, new session, clear cookies etc However all the cheaper tcb track on the same devices. Not very reliable.

I never have an issue with mine tracking my Sainsbury’s shops. Sometimes it's even tracked without me clicking through.
Post a comment
Top Merchants