Topcashback 'delay' to pay?

Found 22nd May 2012
Hi, from a deal posted on this site I purchased a talkmobile phone/contract with e2save through topcashback.

Dealing with e2save and talkmobile hasn't exactly been easy but that's another story. Time will tell to see how how forthcoming e2save will be with paying out cashback.

So, on to Topcashback:

I purchased the phone at the end of March through the topcashback site. I waited a few weeks and of course, the purchase didn't track. I raised the query on their forum and, (surprise, surprise) the purchase suddenly appeared on my account as tracked, 'payable' in late May. Great, so I thought, just log back in late May and I'll have my cashback.

Of course, it's now late May and there's no sign of the purchase being payable. Again, I raised the query on the forum and have been told to wait 4-6 weeks for purchase to become payable and if not, to send a support ticket, whereupon I'll no doubt have to wait another 4-6 weeks.

So, call me a cynic, but is this just an elaborate scam, where the site will only pay cashback to those who bother to request hard and often enough for what was initially promised? Whilst, in the meantime, most sane people give up and the cashback sites collect the cash from the retail companies for the referrals leave the cash in bank accounts accruing interest and just play 'silly buggers'.

I made a couple of other minor purchases through TCB (play.com etc) and, surprise, surprise, none of them tracked; they were of lower value and so I didn't bother to chase them.

Anyway, I'd love to hear other people's thoughts and experiences here...
Community Updates
Misc
11 Comments
never had a problem with Topcashback. always tracked and paid out no hassle. hopefully your situation is sorted soon
Mobile contracts seem more iffy than others. I've only ever done one (with Voda) and that did pay out in the end, but it took over 2 years before it did.. .
Aye, mobile phones are a bit of a bitch, when it comes to cashback.

I try to use quidco for everything instead of topcashback (Just prefer it).
I had to claim for my e2save mobile contract aswell, buy didnt really have any hassle getting it paid once it tracked (took about a month or 2 after to pay)

didnt really have any hassle getting it paid once it tracked (took about … didnt really have any hassle getting it paid once it tracked (took about a month or 2 after to pay

Well, mine has tracked, and so hopefully all will end well.
I bought a mobile through topcashback and it tracked no problem, 3 months later I had £50 back ...I've hardly has any bother with then and I usually get my money in the end but sometimes you have to be very patient so I try and see it as a bonus rather than the reason I go for a deal ....
Remember that a lot of the delays on these cashback sites are because the purchaser will return the item / cancel the contract if they get the cashback too early.
Milkfloat

Remember that a lot of the delays on these cashback sites are because the … Remember that a lot of the delays on these cashback sites are because the purchaser will return the item / cancel the contract if they get the cashback too early.

Yer im sure mobile contracts wait a month or a few till pay out, like sky do with the optional packs (they wait 6 months before tracking)

Remember that a lot of the delays on these cashback sites are because the … Remember that a lot of the delays on these cashback sites are because the purchaser will return the item / cancel the contract if they get the cashback too early.

Makes sense I suppose but it doesn't explain the complete lack of initial tracking!
lookatmywad

Makes sense I suppose but it doesn't explain the complete lack of … Makes sense I suppose but it doesn't explain the complete lack of initial tracking!

use an ad blocker? or similar type of program?
I have only ever had to raise a ticket once, it was all sorted within 7 hours.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants