Topcashback is incompetent

Posted 5th JanEdited by:"fuzzyg"
I have recently found out that a a purchase I made after clicking through Topcashback has been declined. I have been shoping using Topcashback for a few years now. I know you click through the site as that is how they earn fheir commission. It was 10% cashback if you purchase any Samsung tablet from Currys. I bought one of the most expensive ones, S6 LTE. As you can imagine that should have been a lot of cashback.

This is becoming standard practice with TCB. Has anyone been able to resolve something like this. I'm at a loss and apart from warning others of TCB don't know what to do. Is it being misled into purchasing then being slapped?
Community Updates
Top comments
If you’re purchasing based on cash back then more fool you.
23 Comments
If you’re purchasing based on cash back then more fool you.
That's the usual risk with cash back sites. No 1 rule is never buy based on cash back and it will be a bonus if it does come in. You could always complain to tcb
Edited by: "Will21" 5th Jan
In my experience Currys are particularly bad at declining cashback, I think it's them not TCB though? I don't get anything else declined from other retailers.

I've had a few Currys that should have worked get declined but I really don't think TCB is pocketing the money, Currys are just refusing to pay up. I do think TCB should stop advertising Currys cashback and stop doing business with any partner if the proportion of declined cashback gets too high...

Finally just in case, if you used a gift card to pay for any of the purchase then it will correctly have been declined.
Edited by: "lyesbkz" 5th Jan
I had one declined with a bingo site, I can't remember what I messaged them, but 2 days later it was accepted and paid so definitely complain
Schuh online never pay up on TCB. I have found since the end of October that cashback is taking a while to be confirmed. I now have a backlog which hasn’t happened before.
If the retailer does not confirm the order then it’s not tcb fault there just the middle man
Ask tcb for the proof that the retailer declined it. They can never show it. Always with higher rate amounts too. Don’t expect anything more than nothing to avoid disappointment.
Never take cashback into consideration when making a purchase. As mentioned above treat it as a bonus. There's a number of factors that will come into play - by all means raise a challenge with TCB and see where it goes. It might be TCB or Currys who will reject it and there won't be anything you can do about it (see their terms and conditions).
choccie3205/01/2020 14:25

Ask tcb for the proof that the retailer declined it. They can never show …Ask tcb for the proof that the retailer declined it. They can never show it. Always with higher rate amounts too. Don’t expect anything more than nothing to avoid disappointment.

I actually had my higher cashback claim approved as soon as I sent a screenshot showing the higher quidco offer so it does work.
What is TBC, or is OP incompetent and means something else? TBH I hope there's some TCB on TBC.
Same I’ve been having few problems with TCB too I’m still waiting on one from last may.
Weby00705/01/2020 14:23

Schuh online never pay up on TCB. I have found since the end of October …Schuh online never pay up on TCB. I have found since the end of October that cashback is taking a while to be confirmed. I now have a backlog which hasn’t happened before.

I also have a backlog since October of, predominantly eBay purchased. Again this seemed strange so I raised a ticket and TCB just said give it more time
lyesbkz05/01/2020 14:10

In my experience Currys are particularly bad at declining cashback, I …In my experience Currys are particularly bad at declining cashback, I think it's them not TCB though? I don't get anything else declined from other retailers.I've had a few Currys that should have worked get declined but I really don't think TCB is pocketing the money, Currys are just refusing to pay up. I do think TCB should stop advertising Currys cashback and stop doing business with any partner if the proportion of declined cashback gets too high...Finally just in case, if you used a gift card to pay for any of the purchase then it will correctly have been declined.

Correct, I currently have 2 ongoing claims with them. I'm not particularly hopeful as it was on 2 of their famous mis-prices that I milked the hell out of
After cash back was declined because I used a voucher which was freely available on curry’s site but not on TCBs I sent Curry’s CEO Team an email and complained and they sent a cheque for the missing cash back. Worth a try.
I've found their CS reasonably helpful in the past. Makes you wonder whether the recent delays in confirming cashback are to do with the quidco / TCB merger
Littlemunckin05/01/2020 15:54

I've found their CS reasonably helpful in the past. Makes you wonder …I've found their CS reasonably helpful in the past. Makes you wonder whether the recent delays in confirming cashback are to do with the quidco / TCB merger

merger was called off months ago
eslick05/01/2020 15:55

merger was called off months ago

Ah i missed that!
AndyRoyd
1 h, 37 m ago

What is TBC, or is OP incompetent and means something else? TBH I hope there's some TCB on TBC.

I meant TCB. There is no need to be rude.
Will try Currys. An email won't cost me anything.
Thanks eslick.
Edited by: "fuzzyg" 5th Jan
AndyRoyd05/01/2020 14:33

What is TBC, or is OP incompetent and means something else? TBH I hope …What is TBC, or is OP incompetent and means something else? TBH I hope there's some TCB on TBC.

TBF, who knows
ashmac05/01/2020 14:23

If the retailer does not confirm the order then it’s not tcb fault there j …If the retailer does not confirm the order then it’s not tcb fault there just the middle man

Marketing firms.
Gollywood05/01/2020 17:15

TBF, who knows

I have corrected myself and said I meant TCB. Whilst I was typing the tablet kept correcting it.
fuzzyg05/01/2020 20:39

I have corrected myself and said I meant TCB. Whilst I was typing the …I have corrected myself and said I meant TCB. Whilst I was typing the tablet kept correcting it.

Spoilsport
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions