Expired

Topcashback is scamming

Found 16th Oct 2013
Hi all,

I am writing this just to warn everyone here about what is going on behind TCB system and the way they abuse it against their customer. But as a proof for it, have you ever asked why this so called company doesn't have any phone number to contact? They are a big name but refuse to offer any contact number for customers? Instead they have a optional emailing system which they use to respond customers randomly and ignore the victims without anyone actually can complain about it.
I was a TCB user for almost a year until today when they blocked my account. In all my posts here I always recommend people to get their cashback from TCB as I was relying on them so much and outside the internet I was encouraging my family and friends to use them.
In one of my attempts, I referred my brother to join. As he was in my house, he used my Internet and my computer to join their website and he refused to enter his exact details there and instead used part of mine.
Today when I tried to log in to my account I noticed they have blocked me and after asking why I've been told it is because you have breached our terms!
Two things comes to mind here, If I breached your terms, you should give me a warning ahead and let me know why you are accusing me for that, and the second thing is even if you are sure this has happened, why taking my money for yourself? It is like you buy something from a website (when they have a glitch,etc) and then they find out and say you broke our terms and we neither send you the goods nor will give you the money back!
They have simply blocked my account and refusing to answer me. That's a shame as I would never imagine they judge people because of their incomplete system. Just because the IPs are same for those two accounts, they give themselves the right to steal from people without any contact.
I've learned my lesson but I am sharing it here in hope to help someone else who might get stuck into the same trap as I did.
Community Updates
61 Comments
Maybe you should talk to your brother........
http://weknowmemes.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/grandma-cool-story-bro.jpg
Blame your brother not TCB

Banned
should have read the terms
Let me interpret the ops post.

Hi

I tried to refer myself to get the £10 TopCashBack referral fee.
Stupidly I used the same computer, and used my name and details (I was going to pretend to be my brother, but forgot and put my details in)

TopCashBack knew this and have closed my account for breaching their terms and conditions.

I come on here to **** them off for being so clever.

I did not get my £10 referral fee, I want to shout at them down the phone.

Thanks

Edited by: "Chiptivo" 17th Oct 2013
Original Poster
Be serious people, the fact is if this situation happens to any of you are you going to blame yourself (in my case my brother?).
1. How would you imagine opening an account using the same PC would cause a ban?
2. If you even deserve the ban, by which reason they can take your money with no notification and explanation?
3. You hire a lawyer, pay them money to retrieve your right from someone, even if the lawyer at some point doesn't want to continue the job or he/she doesn't like you (!) can they simply take the payment and disappear instead telling you go and blame the one who is taking your right?
You agreed to the terms and conditions when you signed up. If you didn't read them fully that's your fault.

They're far from scammers.
I agree they are at it, in the first 3 months of this year almost every transaction i made on their side failed to track, despite having had no problems previously, but despite many others saying the same on their blogs TCB just blame the user and their PC's

However I went back to Quidco and havent had a problem at all, so obviously nothing to do with my pc , i think its a clear attempt to ensure people do not get their money. They also allow merchants to continue to trade on their site despite them never paying out , when they should boot these members off if they dont pay up.
just join quidco then?
Why should they talk to you? You don't even have an account with them.
Original Poster
discowill

You agreed to the terms and conditions when you signed up. If you didn't … You agreed to the terms and conditions when you signed up. If you didn't read them fully that's your fault. They're far from scammers.

The problem is I haven't done anything wrong that I AM AWARE OF! That's why they should at least notify me. This is clearly an attempt to steal from people at any cost.
mixmixi

The problem is I haven't done anything wrong that I AM AWARE OF! That's … The problem is I haven't done anything wrong that I AM AWARE OF! That's why they should at least notify me. This is clearly an attempt to steal from people at any cost.

So why do you think they want to steal from you but not from me? Do you think they just don't like you?
jase.2

I agree they are at it, in the first 3 months of this year almost every … I agree they are at it, in the first 3 months of this year almost every transaction i made on their side failed to track, despite having had no problems previously, but despite many others saying the same on their blogs TCB just blame the user and their PC's However I went back to Quidco and havent had a problem at all, so obviously nothing to do with my pc , i think its a clear attempt to ensure people do not get their money. They also allow merchants to continue to trade on their site despite them never paying out , when they should boot these members off if they dont pay up.

Your her brother aren't you??
Original Poster
The fact it I might be one of those rare cases having problem with them, that's why most of you here don't want to believe I am the victim rather than the sinner. But, what if the number of such cases increases? What if any of you were in my position? Don't judge based on a third person outside the problem!
Original Poster
deeky

So why do you think they want to steal from you but not from me? Do you … So why do you think they want to steal from you but not from me? Do you think they just don't like you?

Even if they don't like me, as a customer I have the right to be informed about that.
deeky

Why should they talk to you? You don't even have an account with them.

I love it! I **** love it!
http://pk.am/i/tldr.gif
Original Poster
Chiptivo

Let me interpret the ops post.HiI tried to refer myself to get the £10 … Let me interpret the ops post.HiI tried to refer myself to get the £10 TopCashBack referral fee.Stupidly I used the same computer, and used my name and details (I was going to pretend to be my brother, but forgot and put my details in)TopCashBack knew this and have closed my account for breaching my terms and conditions. I come on here to **** them off for being so clever.I did not get my £10 referral fee, I want to shout at them down the phone. Thanks

Even if you want to think this way, I give you right to think but I haven't referred myself. But tell me why they have to set a high referral rate to encourage people to do it and sit back and wait to block users? I am sure these are just different approaches to rub their users. I might not be heard here today, but I am sure the number of people having similar problems like will increase. I just tried to share my experience.
sancho1983

You look better with your glasses on sancho X)
Banned
Not had a problem with them and have saved a useful amount of money for very little work. Have saved my friends and family quite a bit of money too.

Just because you're having a bad experience with their customer service doesn't make them scammers op
deeky

You look better with your glasses on sancho X)

http://thetangential.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/Cosby6.gif
Your brother using your details instead of his own doesn't constitute a violation of the terms you agreed to? I don't see how you can call them scammers either as there is no actual scam. I also can't see them sat at their desks looking like this:

http://www.moneysolve.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/george_fonejacker.gif

[/quote]

Even if you want to think this way, I give you right to think but I haven't referred myself. But tell me why they have to set a high referral rate to encourage people to do it and sit back and wait to block users? I am sure these are just different approaches to rub their users. I might not be heard here today, but I am sure the number of people having similar problems like will increase. I just tried to share my experience.[/quote]

http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2011/070/2/c/kurt_hummel_don__t_cry_gif_by_eirinip5-d3be1mj.gif

Edited by: "RAFAVDV" 17th Oct 2013
mixmixi

The problem is I haven't done anything wrong that I AM AWARE OF! That's … The problem is I haven't done anything wrong that I AM AWARE OF! That's why they should at least notify me. This is clearly an attempt to steal from people at any cost.

http://madeofwynn.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/picard-facepalm.jpg
Steve Mac

Your brother using your details instead of his own doesn't constitute a … Your brother using your details instead of his own doesn't constitute a violation of the terms you agreed to? I don't see how you can call them scammers either as there is no actual scam. I also can't see them sat at their desks looking like this:

Exactly, if your brother used your Internet and your computer to join their website and he refused to enter his exact details there and instead used part of your details. Then its yours and your brothers fault.
Also - you are not a TCB customer. What product or service have they sold you exactly? You are getting something for nothing from these affiliate based referral sites ..... you are not entitled to anything and you are not entitled to receive any sort of customer service from them. You accepted their T&Cs. You broke them. Get over it.

Do you really not understand why you are literally on your own in this argument? How many people in this thread have said that same thing. It's your fault.
TUSSFC

Also - you are not a TCB customer. What product or service have they sold … Also - you are not a TCB customer. What product or service have they sold you exactly? You are getting something for nothing from these affiliate based referral sites ..... you are not entitled to anything and you are not entitled to receive any sort of customer service from them. You accepted their T&Cs. You broke them. Get over it.Do you really not understand why you are literally on your own in this argument? How many people in this thread have said that same thing. It's your fault.

http://assets.diylol.com/hfs/3a1/04b/f82/resized/success-kid-meme-generator-boom-delivered-the-win-c6a5e4.jpg
Sounds a bit like HUKD

Seriously though ... I have never had any problems with TCB and my money has always been paid out quickly and efficiently. Then again I have never breached my terms and conditions!
gerrymig

Sounds a bit like HUKD :)Seriously though ... I have never had any … Sounds a bit like HUKD :)Seriously though ... I have never had any problems with TCB and my money has always been paid out quickly and efficiently. Then again I have never breached my terms and conditions!

I've actually had a few issues and they've always been when I have ordered something online and collected in person or paid in cash. TCB have got me cashback from items that didn't track but were paid for online, but the most recent issues I've had are below due to having to collect or pay in person.

1) I ordered a phone from Tesco Direct, paid online and went to collect in store. Didn't track but submitted details to TCB. A year on and it wasn't paid. Tesco decided not to pay and didn't supply a reason, TCB very apologetic. Blamed Tesco not TCB.

2) Ordered some stuff from Asda Direct, paid online and went to collect in store. Didn't track, sumbitted claim to TCB, currently waiting for merchant response.

3) Ordered from Just-Eat, food arrived, paid cash but didn't track. Sumbitted claim to TCB, currently waiting for merchant response. (I paid online for a separate meal the week before and everything tracked fine).

I've found them to be better than Quidco as I used that for a few years but sometimes barely made the admin fee back, things not tracking, long payments etc. TCB netted me £78 this year so far.

Ignorance isn't a defence OP. Blame your brother.
http://t.qkme.me/3onyef.jpg
Original Poster
Just to let all those people who judged me based on their shallow points of view, I've got my tcb account back with an apologise after contacting the CEO of the so called company.
mixmixi

Just to let all those people who judged me based on their shallow points … Just to let all those people who judged me based on their shallow points of view, I've got my tcb account back with an apologise after contacting the CEO of the so called company.

You linked to here so the CEO could see the negative feedback, nicely done (planned).

Did you get the referral £5 for referring your "brother"?
Edited by: "Chiptivo" 30th Oct 2013
mixmixi

Just to let all those people who judged me based on their shallow points … Just to let all those people who judged me based on their shallow points of view, I've got my tcb account back with an apologise after contacting the CEO of the so called company.

So called company? Why would you want your account back if you think this 'so called company' are scammers?

I'm not suggesting you're a hypocrite or anything.
mixmixi

Yes so shallow for simply identifying that you were in the wrong
Banned
mixmixi

ANSWER THE QUESTION: DID YOU OR DID YOU NOT SET UP YOUR 'BROTHER'S' ACCOUNT WITHOUT HIM KNOWING ANYTHING MUCH ABOUT IT?
Banned
YOU WERE SIMPLY PLANNING ON GETTING THE REFERRAL FEE?
Original Poster
lidds

Yes so shallow for simply identifying that you were in the wrong

I was not looking to refer myself, if I were I wouldn't put this post here to give public awareness. My brother was aware of things but not interested in them and he was present with me when we opened his account. Any other questions inspector?
Classic thread.

Shame about me and Chiptivo arriving in the same outfit though.
Original Poster
Listen people, what I tried to do here was help. I didn't need anyone's pitty or approval.my case might be a very rare case but it has happened. They have their system, after talking with them and proving the point to them, they realised it was a mistake from their side and not mine. Me and my brother have similar names, with just a letter difference in our names. I hope at least one person here don't judge me based on 0% being aware of details. That's enough of guessing crap if you are not part of the problem. If for any reason you think I am lying, first thing, the point has proven to tcb that I am not and second you're just guessing which is wrong.

Sorry, commenting is no longer available on this discussion.

Top Discussions