TopCashback payout before return

Found 15th Dec 2017
Hi,

Does anybody know what the rules are in regards to payouts if you return the purchase at a later date.

For example you buy an item over xmas and claim cashback. In January you receive a payout from the retailer but in February you return an item for a refund. Would the retailer then claim back the cashback even though you have withdrawn and spent the cashback.

Many thanks for any help

1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
8 Comments

Normally cashback takes months so it goes beyond the returns window.

As above. Confirmed doesnt happen until nearly 2 months and not paid until about 3 months

Agree with JoeUK - you're unlikely to have been paid the cashback on the timescale you describe.

I have however had cashback paid for cancelled orders - but mostly it is declined.

I’ve returned part of orders and still had cashback paid for the full amount spent

A few years I had a £50ish cashback on a hotels.com bookingthrough quidco that was paid before the dates of the stay. I had to cancel the booking (fully refundable) but cashback was never reclaimed!

We booked a really expensive holiday and received £375 cashback via quidco, the cashback went to payable before the final holiday payment was due. Due to health reasons we had to cancel the original holiday were able to transfer the deposit we had paid to another, but much cheaper, holiday. The cashback remained at the full amount and the holiday company haven't requested any repayment.

I've received a few cashbacks for orders that never went ahead and never had reclaimed. For example I placed an order with Laura Ashley for some furniture and opted to go via an interested free credit option. Order was submitted and cashback tracked. I failed credit but got paid paid out still

The irony is that I've had many a legitimate cashback request declined and had to fight and complain for ages to get payout (mostly gambling sites - they love to claim that you didn't fulfil the requirements even though you did!)
Edited by: "djdaveyuk" 16th Dec 2017

Original Poster

So there seems to be quite a bit of money being lost by retailers!
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions