TopCashBack reverted to Pending after being Payable

Found 7th Jul 2013
I purchased a T-Mobile deal which failed to track. (never had that problem with Quidco).
I raised a ticket and within about 2 weeks they told me they had resolved it. I could see it on my TCB account.
I checked it Friday and found it to be "Payable" which was great but I couldn't checkout with Tesco Clubcard as the limit is £50 (£50.50 tracked) and you cannot choose an amount.
I came back today and it is now showing all the way back to Pending.

Has anybody else had it revert to Pending?

3 anomalies in one transaction - concerning.
Community Updates
Misc
15 Comments
I believe this happens when they are about to suspend your account
squillion

I believe this happens when they are about to suspend your account

A couple of smaller transactions created since are still payable.. so I doubt it (unless you are trolling).
smashed

A couple of smaller transactions created since are still payable.. so I … A couple of smaller transactions created since are still payable.. so I doubt it (unless you are trolling).

You seriously take any notice of the village idiot?

Comment retorted for trolling and/or deliberately misleading a fellow member.
Edited by: "deeky" 7th Jul 2013
smashed

A couple of smaller transactions created since are still payable.. so I … A couple of smaller transactions created since are still payable.. so I doubt it (unless you are trolling).

Doesn't sound likely - you mean you created them since T Mobile cashback became payable (Friday) and they are already payable? Not the case.
squillion

Doesn't sound likely - you mean you created them since T Mobile cashback … Doesn't sound likely - you mean you created them since T Mobile cashback became payable (Friday) and they are already payable? Not the case.

I did the t-mob first and did tcb as Tesco club card exchange lured me in.
It did not track.
Tried a couple of other small transactions (couple of quid), these tracked.
I then decided to raise a ticket but expected nothing to happen.. But they approved it.

Comprende?
smashed

I did the t-mob first and did tcb as Tesco club card exchange lured me … I did the t-mob first and did tcb as Tesco club card exchange lured me in. It did not track. Tried a couple of other small transactions (couple of quid), these tracked. I then decided to raise a ticket but expected nothing to happen.. But they approved it. Comprende?

Sounds quite straightforward to me so he probably no comprende.
I've had this before. Turns out they hadn't actually received the money and I had to wait a few weeks longer. Got it in the end though.
TCB have replied advising this was due to a "reporting error" and that they have now set it back to payable.
Top work in resolving the situation Concerning that it changed status though.
Happened to me ... as above, when I raised a support ticket to query it they said it incorrectly went to Payable the first time. It went back to Payable within a couple of weeks and I swiftly withdrew the £!
I think flubit is a better alternative
davewave

I don't believe Flubit would have given me £50.50 cashback (convertible to £200 restaraunt vouchers) on an £8 per month (12 months) phone contract.

But in certain scenarios Flubit could work out cheaper.
davewave

Good Marketing
funny you mention that op because I purchased a T-Mobile deal which failed to track. (never had that problem with Quidco).
I raised a ticket and within about 2 weeks they told me they had resolved it. I could see it on my TCB account.
I checked it Friday and found it to be "Payable" which was great but I couldn't checkout with Tesco Clubcard as the limit is £50 (£50.50 tracked) and you cannot choose an amount.
I came back today and it is now showing all the way back to Pending.

Has anybody else had it revert to Pending?

3 anomalies in one transaction - concerning.

tomw87

funny you mention that op because I purchased a T-Mobile deal which … funny you mention that op because I purchased a T-Mobile deal which failed to track. (never had that problem with Quidco).I raised a ticket and within about 2 weeks they told me they had resolved it. I could see it on my TCB account.I checked it Friday and found it to be "Payable" which was great but I couldn't checkout with Tesco Clubcard as the limit is £50 (£50.50 tracked) and you cannot choose an amount.I came back today and it is now showing all the way back to Pending.Has anybody else had it revert to Pending?3 anomalies in one transaction - concerning.

There is a time limit for querying a missing transaction but it is definitely worth querying with them (unless you cancelled the contract of course).
Not experienced topcashback but I am yet to get any money from Quidco, seems to take an eternity for the process to pay out it seems, whilst Flubit it straightforward and instantly discounts, guess its down to personal preference.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants